• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission Scarecrows combat armor (non powerarmor)

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
...I'm pretty sure people aren't allowed to request reviewers, or I guess in this particular instance request for particular reviewers to not review things. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'll be trusting the high-ranking staff (such as @Kyle and @Wes ) to correct me if I am.

Ummm, what is an Excalibur tower? The only mention I can find of an Excalibur thing on the wiki is IIS's Excalibur shipyard in the Hanako system, and that's a WIP article.

Something I want to clear up, while it has been allowed in the past to ask for another reviewer, it is not something we generally like to see at the 'start' of the review process. This is something that is preferable later on down the line, but staff do reserve the right to state whether or not another reviewer can be assigned.

Also, please keep all questions related to the actual article, anything outside of that should be placed into their relevant threads.

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ❌ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here are some fixes this article still needs:
  1. Got a few minor questions about the armor:
    • How does someone put the armor on (and take it off)?
    • What kind of rangefinder the does the helmet use - one that's laser-based?
    • What's the maximum range of the armor's communications system (50 kilometers?), and what type of communications system is it - radio, I'm guessing?
  2. In the Armor Size section, would you mind including how much the Security Combat Armor adds to its wearer's length, width, and height, please?
  3. @Jack Pine, the acting Faction Manager of Uso's Star Organization, needs to post his approval of the submission in this thread.
When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

Last edited:
It's ready and still isn't power armor and yes arb that's what I was going for dice the revision prototype armor helmet irl does the same thing and with a battery pack in the back of the head

Did you see Frost's necessary suggestions, Esscast? It doesn't look like you added comm's range or how to put it on, take it off, or anything.

Where has Frost said anything about power armor? You've been a bit agressive towards Frost in Discord, so I'm posting this screenshot at @Ametheliana's suggestion. You can click on it to get the full image.

Screenshot (14).png

Last edited:
Arb long range radio packs have been a thing irl since ww2 I just figured I'd use something similar

And put it on take it off is like normal clothes since it's clothing based armor

RPG-D RPGfix
Back