Separa'Shan update and improvements

Soban

Game Master
Convention Veteran
Aug 21, 2017
Ok, here is the first draft of my updates to the history. I feel like I need to add more stuff, but I'm coming up blank. If you have any ideas for cool stuff to add to the history, I would love to incorporate them. I'm also not sure that I feel like I'm properly conveying the upheaval and change that Essia has been undergoing for the last decade. (And is going to continue now that they have been invaded.)

https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=wip:faction:separa_shan:background

Soban

Game Master
Convention Veteran
Aug 21, 2017
Ok, so I'm going to be expanding the Conclave, EDF, and Templar sections of the Wiki. The EDF and Templar are currently still in WIP and I hope to make them into a more polished final product.

I'm thinking that the Conclave should probably be thirteen members. 12 city-states and 1 high priest/ess. Rather than the ? city-states, 1 high priest/ess, 1 Templar commander. This is due to the templar's connection to the priesthood. I think the high priest/ess should also have a veto on anything that the conclave proposes. What are your thoughts?

I see the templar moving into a more 'special forces' type role compared to the EDF.

What are your thoughts on these three key institutions?

Soban

Game Master
Convention Veteran
Aug 21, 2017
Ok, I would like to welcome @PurpleCheeseStick to the place where we try and make the Separa'Shan a better and more interesting place to Roleplay in. I've been quiet mostly because I'm lazy. However, have rewritten the original and still not yet approved Order of the Templar Article into something that I feel makes more sense.

https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=wip:faction:separa_shan:templar

I would love to have your feedback about this.

Soban

Game Master
Convention Veteran
Aug 21, 2017
Ok, so while it has been the general assumption of the Galaxy that the Separa'Shan are an evolved race, we know that in their past they were actually partially a constructed derivative. So I was thinking, what if they had a version of a digital mind? Perhaps one that made very different design decisions than the Neko Digital mind.

Thoughts?

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
FM of Yamatai
Game Master
Jan 27, 2003
Atlanta, GA
stararmy.com
What benefit would that change bring to the site RP? Would they be played any differently? I'm not sure what benefits that change would have in terms of fun so sell me on it if you can.

Ametheliana

Captain Hoshi
Staff Member
FM of Nepleslia
FM of the Iromakuanhe
Game Master
Jun 18, 2016
Who created this digital mind would need to be answered. PNUgen and individuals are responsible for the Neko OS, so the Separa’s creator would need to be decided if they are constructed.

edit: I have Wes’ OOC questions, too. Don’t get bogged down in my IC one, please.

Soban

Game Master
Convention Veteran
Aug 21, 2017
It was just a interesting tidbit to add to the pile of 'Evidence of Separa'Shan history.' In terms of play, I don't think they would play much differently. It would be a high level lore item. In terms of practical aspects, learning that bit of lore is probably in the realm of high-level biology and such and opens up a potential for efficiency increases in Separa'Shan ST upload time. I've also toyed with the thought of adding reincarnation into the Separa'Shan religion and this would provide a reason for why this is. A possible immediate effect would be that Separa'Shan have perfect memories.

In terms of Lore, I'll quote from the current Separa'Shan history article. "The terraforming went smoothly until [Nagashun] began to integrate the DNA of the previous race into themselves and began to have melted humanoids. The problem [Nagashun] theorized could have been the race was not compatible with the specific conditions of the world, or the DNA itself was corrupt in some way. Regardless they needed a way to integrate themselves, and did so by combining the DNA samples with various lifeforms until one worked out creating the snake-human hybrid, Separa'Shan."

So it would have been done by Nagashun during this process. They had no contact with PNUgen or anything, and so a lot of the design decisions are different which is why it's not something that is immediately obvious. Developing into having some of the Digital mind abilities such as quick download, and skill transfer is something that the players might have to put some IC research into.

Ametheliana

Captain Hoshi
Staff Member
FM of Nepleslia
FM of the Iromakuanhe
Game Master
Jun 18, 2016
It seems like this fits into what you have been building in a very broad scheme, which is very cool, Soban.