• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Serendipity-class

Kai

Retired Staff
Inactive Member
an Experimental ship class. there will be two of the type, one with experimental Aether weapons, and one without. I have Wes' permission to use the Aether weapons. All the problems and shortcomings of the class are discussed within the article, and it has clearly stated weaknesses to counter its strengths.

Serendipity

Oh, and the two red links are the pages for the individual ships, which don't need to be created unless this class is approved. Thank you.

Also, civvie submission to go with this: https://stararmy.com/roleplay/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5804

Man, why is it so hard to get an experimental Plotship that is finnicky and shuts down on itself about every five hours or so approved?

I thought Plotships where supposed to be unique or special, so had a bit of leeway.

A bit of leeway yes.

Which in my version of the Starship Stats I've given, for the weaponry based on the stated limitations. But a plotship still has to obey the hard and fast rules.

Would it be better if I just put the amount of space available on a Serendipity on the serendipity page, and leave the loadouts to be detailed on the two ship pages? they have different but roughly equal loads.

That makes sense.

As long as the load out doesn't go back to 24 fighters with all the ship performance the same.

For the record, the Scimitar is tiny. If it were any other fighter, I would bring the numbers way down, probably closer to 6 or so. In fact, the Genesis is probably going to get a few of another, larger fighter i've been working on at a later point in time to replace most of the Scimitars.

As for the Atuan II, it will have no fighters, instead carrying only the mecha (Which the Genesis will lack)

While the fighters are tiny, they still require a support infrastucture which is what the stats are about. After all they have to be armed, maintained, repaired etc.

Since Wes has agreed to your proposal.

Approved.

Thank you- I will make the ship pages tomorrow, I'm too busy tonight, just checking on things before work.

The two ship pages have been created, and the sections at the bottom of each page shows their differences- the Genesis' page is not quite finished yet, because the plot it is intended for is still in the planning stages, and the Atuan II's page needs to have its GM ( CadetNewb) go over it and make some updates.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back