RP Side Ops: Crimson Jungle

Jack Pine

FM of S6
Game Master
May 2, 2017
1,561
956
158
21
malden, mo in central United States
#21
"Those blades cause re-entry plasma when in flight, and are capable of chewing through tank armor. The blades are held in a ceramic sabot sheathing which is discarded upon discharge of the weapon. It is to date one of the most effective and most complicated weapons ever developed by Section 6. The weapon features a special kinetic buffer in the stock, which is only active for a user with gear that emanates a certain signal. Namely, S6 armor and equipment, which without you'll find yourself flung on your ass.", Talos said with a chuckle, "I carry of for when shit get's knee deep." As he said that, anyone would realize,....he currently wasn't holding any weapons other then a P2 pistol and LCK knife which he flipped in his hand idly.

"I prefer sticking with my 6AS. It's balanced, has its own flashlight, smart link sights, attachable under barrel launcher, and the 6mm rifle cartridge is a great middle ground kind of round. Perfect for an infantryman, and most of all it's reliable and not as high maintenance.", Mark commented, lifting the bulpup rifle a little to be seen.



2 HOURS LATER.......

The trucks had been rumbling along for quite some time, having left what could even be considered a path, quite early on. Even with the offroad effectiveness of such vehicles, they rocked roughly as they traversed root and mud covered terrain. A fog from the vast amount of moisture in the area, had begun to settle in, making the way ahead harder and harder to see. Eventually the trucks could progress no further lest they risk driving into an ambush, or worse, into the maws of one of the rather large local predators. It was only 3km from the AO. They would have to hoof it from there.

"Alright, dismount, and stick with your platoons. It's boots in the mud from here on out. The tanks are going to progress in legged mode, so stick behind them and mind their legs, hate for one to step on ya.", Came Mark's voice over the radio firmly, despite the slight humor he threw in.

Talos nodded before leaving the group to board his Zytone on the truck carrying the five they had brought along. The truck that groaned as the large heavy armor disembarked. He then began to run a system start up, the vents releasing thermal exhaust as the massive armor powered up. Once powered, it ran through weapon checks, the panels on the Fiver missile pod, opening and closing. Next the rotary barrels of the hyper shift chaingun on the other shoulder spun up, then that of the 50cal RCG on it's left arm, and finally the modified storm rifle with enlarged grips in the armor's right hand. With all systems green , he was ready to go and began to follow the other units into the fog.

Mark waved Dovanian and S6 troops that made up his platoon to follow as he issued orders. "Private Amare, your job is to watch the tank we'll be following, make sure it stays operation for as long as possible. Trooper Valentina, you're squad support, deal suppression when ordered. Private Damadian, you're obviously medic, and Private Blade you're recon. You will advance to scout ahead when needed, and Private Thad, you have point with me. Strike Trooper Jacky, and Trooper Voltolomy, watch the rear, I don't want any of these Crimson assholes getting the jump on us. You all have your orders, and tread carefully.", He trudged through the mud as the Hydras tromped through with mechanized strength. The tanks progressed forward at a steady pace, their turrets scanning the jungle before them, an impressive arsenal even with only ten tanks, but limited in such dense foliage.

As Talos marched along with his five unit squad of 8ft tall armored giants, the clone took in the scenery. Despite their presence, small animals practically ignored them in this strange land of orange plant life, and huge trees. The canopy above them was two layers thick, hence why there was no air support for either side. Water was dripping down all their visors as if it was raining, but it was merely the heavy moisture build up from the dense fog. The chorus of untamed life was clear even over the tromping and squishes of boots.

The black and white haired clone thought about this at the back of his mind, how they were still interlopers in what was shaping to be their new home. Or at least he was until his sonar pinged off something, and pulled his attention back to reality, and it was something....metal. Talos raised a mechanized hand to signal for a halt, and listened as he waited for another ping. At first there was nothing as guns pointed into the fog, maybe only being a trick of the weather. He wasn't ready to dismiss what screamed at him as danger. "Hold for the moment. 2-1, 3-2, either of you get that ping I just got?"

"2-1 here, negative."
"3-2 reporting, fog is just making ghosts Major."

"Major, what's the sitrep? Why have we stopped?", Mark asked not liking the random halt in a fog they couldn't see five feet ahead in. "I really don't like this, everyone stall low and calm."
 

SpaceEye

Well-Known Member
Sep 4, 2017
189
466
83
34
#22
Deep in the Jungle

Thaddeaus kept pace with Mark as they moved through the muddy terrain. He had spent enough time in crappy rainy weather to know how to move around. Granted it was still not easy moving forward. "I don't know about you but I am pretty sure we are about to be jumped." He said looking over to Mark. Thad from his past battles could feel when bad news was about to go down. Can't see shit and troops picking up random crap. Yup, any minute they were going to get jumped.

Thad did the best thing he could think at the moment and moved away from the heavy armor. If anything was getting blown up first it would be the armor and he was not about to get smashed by it as it fell over. After getting away from the armor a few steps he got close to the ground and started to listen and feel. Sensors were good but sometimes some old fashion hunter skills worked wonders too. He was feeling out if something was just out of sight in the fog.
 
Likes: Jack Pine

Soban

Game Master
Convention Veteran
Aug 21, 2017
424
699
148
#23
Ven got out of the truck and looked upwards at the canopy above them. "Acknowledged." She said, moving to the back of the group with Jacky. As they walked, the looked at the trees. Their orange foliage wasn't a common sight on Essia, but here, everywhere she could see through the fog there was orange. When they stopped, Ven moved over to one of the large trees to take cover. "You think you could climb one of these trees?" Ven asked Jacky, still trying to keep an eye out for any hostiles through the thick fog.
 
Likes: Jack Pine

SirSkully

FM of Neshaten
Aug 29, 2017
791
974
118
19
#24
Jacky stepped out of the truck with a thud as her armoured boots sank into the muddy ground, sticking to the back of their group with her carbine shouldered as the clone had been instructed to do so - during their walk her head remained on a pivot, constantly checking through the alien environment for any signs of hostility before they were suddenly told to halt.

Much like the snake, she had decided to dive into nearby cover behind one of the many trees and was ready to pull one of her pistols incase something got too close for comfort. "I can climb it, yeah, want me to?" Jacky replied, the shy meekness having been stripped away from her voice now that they were under some pressure from what could have simply been a passing anomaly.
 
Last edited:
Likes: Jack Pine

Immortal Cyan

The Cyan Neko
Apr 19, 2017
664
820
148
21
#25
Having slept through the entirety of the two hour journey, Valentina's senses were still somewhat lethargic, even after she jumped out of the back of the truck and landed in the muddy ground. Her eyes scanned the canopy and the ground beneath as she walked, and she activated her seismic sensors in order to detect any IEDs that could be buried beneath the ground before someone stepped on one and possibly lost their legs from the ensuing explosion. She carried the massive Storm Rifle close to her chest as she walked. However, when the halt was called she raised the rifle up to her chin, moved towards the edge of the muddy trail, and lowered her form into a crouching position.

After spotting the edge of a fallen tree trunk from the corner of her eye, Valentina vaulted over it and rested the barrel of her rifle on top of its mass anticipation of what could be a possible ambush.

"Scanning for IEDs and mines..." Valentina spoke softly over the comms, as she switched her exterior cameras to IR in order to penetrate the concealment of the fog. Hoping to locate the ambush before it began, Valentina kept her focus razor-sharp, and soon enough she found that the sluggishness from her nap was beginning to wear off of her senses.
 
Oct 26, 2018
9
15
23
#26
“Understood,” Elisys says as she follows behind the tank, not too close as to get stepped on, but enough so that she can get to repairing it quickly when trouble arises.

As the the tank and everyone else stopped, Elisys brought out her gun and readied it. The potential of being attacked without being able to see was not doing well for her nerves.
 
Nov 1, 2018
7
9
23
#27
"On it, sir." Blade gave a quick reply, before strapping all his equipment to his back and climbing up a tree at the edge of the jungle. "Ready to deploy, Mark. Waiting for your permission to start." Blade had to keep excitement from his voice, because he was finally doing some helpful work. Now he has to focus to give quick accurate descriptions of enemy activity, among other things. While he was waiting for a reply, Blade removed his Knife and carved the Dovanian symbol into the tree, to mark (no pun intended) his trail back to this point, should he need it.
 
Likes: Jack Pine
Nov 2, 2018
7
6
23
#28
72 noticed Blade out of the corner of his right eye, and a smile stretched across his yellowed face. His full smile is normally uncomfortable to look at, due to his sterilized white teeth and the scratches on his lips from conflict long ago, but this smile seemed natural. He headed towards the lean feline humanoid with his arms swinging around as he walks in a cocky manner, and put his hand on his shoulder, trying to startle Blade but not initiate a very short conflict. "Hey there, sleepyhead, been a long time since I've seen you!" 72 yelled out to the feline humanoid, who was currently creating some marks on a tree. "Seems you've gotten better since Fang City!" He then takes a laser scalpel from his medical bag and gestures towards Blade. "Want me to help you carve. My initials are '7' and '2' by the way."
 
Last edited:
Likes: Jack Pine
Nov 1, 2018
7
9
23
#29
Blade turned off his mic. "Hello, 72! Feeling much better, thanks! I'm not marking territory, though. Just making sure I can find my way back here if needed." Blade felt way happier seeing 72. His tone of voice was very light and cheerful, bordering on musical to listen to. "See you 'round, 72. Meet you in what accounts for the lounge afterwards?"
 
Likes: Jack Pine

Jack Pine

FM of S6
Game Master
May 2, 2017
1,561
956
158
21
malden, mo in central United States
#30
As Blade was ordered to move forward, if he concentrated at the fog ahead, he'd see faint movement ahead. veiled figures slowly advancing forward, headed for the joint force standing by. There were only a few that could be made out, but it was clear by how the fog was disturbed in that area bulging up, that there were many more yet unseen. A moment late a crack of a rifle was heard as a round struck the branch, very close to where Blade was perched, the wood making a snapping sound as the support was weakened, threatening to break and fall if Blade did not move quickly.

Talos was just about to order the force to open fire as a RPG rocket struck the shield of his Zytone, the blast rocking him as he retold the order. His chainguns spun up before beginning to strafe the fog with high velocity rounds, the Hydras soon joining in. "All units, suppress and eliminate!", came Talos's order as another rocket streaked towards him, and another which struck the shields of the Hydra in front of Mark's platoon.

Rounds and rockets came sailing from the fog, their paths ripping away the veil slowly to reveal armored figures hidden somewhere in the mist. Mark stumbled a step back as the Hydra rocked from the impact, then again as it fired it's 50mm main gun in retaliation. "Everyone stay low and fire at were you see the flashes.", He ordered as he did so himself, wondering if Blade was okay.

Katarina was there and behind cover using defused explosives, rewiring them to throw at the engaging targets.
 
Last edited:

SirSkully

FM of Neshaten
Aug 29, 2017
791
974
118
19
#31
The jane clone's heterochromatic eyes widened in terror as she saw her brother's armour get struck by a rocket, it was as if the world slowed down for Jacky as she fretted him not shaking it off, not getting back up - but Talos shrugged it off and her heart picked itself back up as adrenaline surged through it, of course he had been fine, Talos was her rock afterall.

He'd always been there for her, so of course Jacky pushed up to her male counterpart - the gun linking to her suit and the suit to her geist as carefully aimed shots were unleashed towards anything that moved in the fog, her suit's synthetic muscles taking care of the recoil as Jacky fell into place behind Talos' larger suit. She was careful not to get in the way as her carbine briefly ceased its firing, Jacky pinged her idea over to Talos before she perforced a rocket-assisted hop to clamber up and hold onto his suit's collar with one hand - the other moving to one-hand her carbine though again the suit made it an easier affair as her carefully placed shots resumed.
 

Immortal Cyan

The Cyan Neko
Apr 19, 2017
664
820
148
21
#32
Upon seeing the highlighted figures through the dense concealment of the fog, Valentina squeezed the trigger of her massive Storm Rifle, which discharged an extremely rapid barrage of heat shield tipped flechettes. She was very familiar with the weapon's ludicrously fast rate of fire, and as such, Valentina applied only a slight amount of pressure on the trigger. Nevertheless, the weapon spewed out death with breakneck speed and excessive lethality.

Thirty rounds left the barrel of the Storm Rifle, before even three full seconds had passed. Valentina had aligned the crosshairs of her scope with the chest area of three different armored targets, each of which had been detected via thermal imaging in concealment, but without cover to protect them from harm. She judiciously fired ten shots at each target, making rapid adjustments from one target to the next regardless of whether or not they had managed to weather her fire. Since the storm rifle did the most damage via volume of fire, Valentina prioritized speed over precision as she aimed her weapon. In essence, she wanted to deal as much damage as possible within the shortest span of time, in order to capitalize on the fact that many of the armored figures were not yet in cover.

Sensing that other were in a more vulnerable position than she was, Valentina turned her attention and the barrel of her rifle to the direction where the RPG had come from. Her eyes quickly scanned for more heat signatures hidden behind the concealment of thick vegetation as she held her breath, prepared to fire as soon as she could acquire the RPG units...
 
Nov 1, 2018
7
9
23
#33
Blade quickly jumped down from the tree, and stuck close to the ground, attempting to flank the enemy.

"Mark, doing flank maneuver. Going left around. I will report soon."

Blade continued around the enemy, using bushes and trees as covour, but being careful not to walk into traps, abushes, or other hazards.
 
Likes: Jack Pine
Nov 2, 2018
7
6
23
#34
72 got onto his haunches, holding his shotgun in his left hand by the barrel. He put back his scalpel and tightly gripped the medical kit on his belt. He crept along to cover, keeping a steady eye on the obscured figures for when they emerge. He thought over Mark's words, realizing he was unaware of 72's own promotion. Damadian 72 checked everything he had twice, and continued observing the silhouettes. The gunfire startled 72, and he stayed low in his cover, ready to pop off a few shells above his head at any moment.
 
Likes: Jack Pine

SpaceEye

Well-Known Member
Sep 4, 2017
189
466
83
34
#35
Hugging the Dirt - Fire Fight

Thaddeaus called it before the chaos even started that an ambush was in the making. Having already knelt down to the ground it was quick for him to go prone and start taking pop shots. Being this close to the group gave him pretty good eye sight of their feet since fog does not always go clear to the ground. Thad had the Maverick in one hand and his gun blade in the other as he put rounds down range. If it moved he was putting round about chest and head high.

After a few moments of picking off the troops out in the open he dropped the Maverick and reached for his chest. As was standard for Thad he always kept a belt of grenades close at hand. He pulled one from the strap and pulled the pin. He cooked it for a few seconds before sending it flying. If he timed it right it would blow up mid air behind the troops taking cover against the trees.
 
Likes: Jack Pine
Oct 26, 2018
9
15
23
#36
Elisys dashes over to the tank and dives near one the legs, firing her gun where she suspects the ambushers may be. She isn’t sure how much damage the tank has taken, so she crawls over to the area where the tank was hit and assessed the damage.
 
Likes: Jack Pine

Soban

Game Master
Convention Veteran
Aug 21, 2017
424
699
148
#37
"Mark, I'm going to see if I can flank them as well. Try not to shoot me." Ven said, climbing the tree with a surprising ease. In the canopy, she used the signals from the other members of the team to position herself. Heading slightly behind where they appeared to be on her minimap. Then she dropped down out of the trees and behind where they were. There was a surprised pirate close to her, but she silenced him with a blindingly quick knife strike to the neck. Then she picked up his gun and started to move down the line to break the assault.
 
Likes: Jack Pine

Jack Pine

FM of S6
Game Master
May 2, 2017
1,561
956
158
21
malden, mo in central United States
#38
Talos and Jacky
Their guns were punching through veiled targets as weapons fire tracked across the jungle before them. Jacky would have the best vantage point and the advantage of higher ground. The tops of helmets would be seen moving about to her, but this also made her more of a target as enemy fire drew closer to where she peeked over the armor. Talos had lost his shields from the last two rockets, and rounds now pinged and scarred the armored shell he was encased in.

Thad and Valentina
Both Thad's and Valentina's fire, tore up hostiles in a cross fire, with he hit low and she hit high. The area of trees where Thad threw his grenade behind was also where the enemy RPG team had been firing from. The grenade detonated as intended, raining fiery fragments and a concussive blast that touched off unfired ordinance. The area behind the trees exploding, which exposed the enemy troops nearby as the concussive force blew back the fog for the moment at least.

Blade and Ven
Both would find the foliage ample cover as the enemy tried to advance along the sides, their attention focused on the well armed force before them, and not possible ambushes. The predators were out with fangs and knives poised, all they would have to do is pounce.

Mark and Elisys
As the others dealt with advancing enemies in their own ways, Mark decided to back up Elisys. As she examined the relatively slight damage, he climbed up the back of the Hydra and fired over the top of the turret. After firing several bursts, he aimed up and launched a 40mm plasma grenade, before loading and firing another. Both detonated with bright blue bursts of super heated plasma, highlighting targets in the mist as the blasts pushed aside the fog around the impact zone. The enemy soldiers not harmed were now revealed,....as well as something else.

A six legged walker tank with heavy turret and a large side mounted missile pod, in short a tank killer. As the fog was pushed aside to reveal the threat, the main gun's barrel swung towards the Hydra tank. Mark felt a cold pass through his body at the realization of what would happen next. "ELI! HIT THE DIRT!", He shouted down to her as he jumped off the tank and shoved her away into a furrow that naturally ran under a fallen tree and some roots. It would keep her lower then the blast and therefore shielded from it. A reality that came true as the tank was struck by the round, punching deep into the vehicle through the hull, and detonating. The Hydra's internal magazines were touched off, causing a combined internal explosion which tore the light tank apart.

The resulting blast would kick up a torrent of smoke, dirt, and hull fragments as Hydra blew apart. Mark could not be seen through it all, and with no immediate way to tell if he had even survived.
 
Oct 26, 2018
9
15
23
#39
Elisys felt the world was moving in slow motion as Mark shoved her off the tank. As she fell into the furrow, the world above her turned into a cloud of black and brown. She hit the ground and everything started to speed up again, Elisys picked herself up and went to find Mark, hoping to anyone that would hear that his survival streak keep going.
 
Likes: Jack Pine

SirSkully

FM of Neshaten
Aug 29, 2017
791
974
118
19
#40
Jacky tried to mark the enemies she saw as rounds cracked off past her armoured form, gunshots being punctuated by quieter plinks as the majority of the shots scraped against her brother's armour - it was tough but she knew it wouldn't last too much longer seeing as the shields had popped.

"Don't you get hurt now, okay?" the odd clone quietly spoke on a direct line to his suit before the explosions all happened, swirling the fog away just in time for her to see the enemy tank's shot ripple past to strike their own armour and send it up in a ball of flames - she counted herself lucky but people caught in the blast... not so much, which lead to Jacky performing a rocket assisted dive backwards, squeezing off a few controlled shots from her carbine before her armour hit the muddy ground and tucked into a roll to put the woman upright once more.

She didn't feel like her next actions needed to be called out, firing at the foggy enemies as she came to a halt near what was left of the burning tank - beginning to drang anybody that looked like they had a chance of surviving away from the unstable hulk of armour and explosives, using the suit's muscles alongside all that adrenalin in her system to move people with one hand and keep her weapon ready to fire with the other.
 
Last edited:
Likes: Jack Pine