• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: 188604 Space Invaders Redux

"I'm like, 5 seconds away from calling for a candy-bar airstrike on this area.... So pick a plan and lets go!" Uso shouted.

Kyro looked to Uso and smirked, “Bombs away.” He turned around back to the soldiers and walked up to them. Towering over them. Kyro leaned down and looked at the group of them, around 18 and said, “Join me, I’ll fix you pathetic planet and unification globally will happen. As well as better lives for you and your families. What will it be? Join? Or fight with honor.”

They all looked at each other and then looked at the mayor who was on the ground looking up at them with a glare in his eyes. He makes it perfectly clear that he knew what they were going to do. The one that shot Kyro shouted at him and said, “WE WILL NEVER TURN OUR BACK FOR OUR COUNTRY! WHO'S WITH ME?!”

An awkward moment of silence fell after he stated it. That’s when one by one they all walked behind Kyro and turned to face the one lone soldier. They all had dead emotionless eyes, as if they were fed up and full of anger. One in them asked Kyro, “Should we kill him sir? The plan is to win correct? To provide a better life for those whom have suffered?”

Kyro stares at the lone soldier with a smirk. He extends his hand out and asked him, “May the best man win. I give you my word of an honorable fight.” The man takes his hand and says, “Let’s waste no time then you pile of dog shit.”

Last edited:
Uso was starting to key in the request when she saw Kyro doing his thing.

"WHAT?! So you get to do death-games but I can't laser my face into the planet? I'm liking this deal less and less..."

Uso walked over to the soldier in question that had spoken out against Kyro,

"YOU. Soldier Guy. I'm going to call you Greg.

Do you have a family Greg? People that count on you? A will to not die horribly at the hands of space invaders? We aren't even going to take your shit or anything... you've got nothing to gain fighting against us. By the end of the year your nation will still be around, just better, food for all, no wars, better medical care... and I'm going to kill a whole fuck-ton of people to do it. You really want me to have to start killing people here? Because I know those whatever-fucks in that other nation aren't gonna play nice just because I drop a bunch of candy bars on their city.

Shit, your people won't even take me seriously... I mean, not REALLY seriously... until I show off what I can do...

Or, you know, you can just die. This is literally all the time I'm willing to spend on this."

Kyro looks to Uso and stated, “If you assume I am going to duel him. You’re mistaken. I stated in the deal that, you Uso, will lead the command of the army. I will not be engaging in command unless given. This here was an acceptance of mutual disagreement. Nothing more than that. I would not dare soil my name with such unnecessary bloodshed. Which is why I denied the attack on him in the first place.” As he turned to look at the soldiers who sided with him.

The man looks at Uso and said, “Listen bitch, I want my home the way it is, you volunteer to join the military here, we don’t conscript in Fahen. That’s the Ichiko Empire and the URR. If you want to conquer and destroy evil. Start there. And another thing, my name is Reggie, not Greg.”

When he finished his small speech one of the soldiers grabbed Reggie by the collar and shouted, “You know damn well that some of us don’t have a choice but to join the military! Yui is corrupt and payed off by the factories so they keep us out of jobs! The military use to be great! Until the damn corporate money bags came in and shoved us out of the way for more Yulls!”

Kyro shakes his head and said, “This is not acceptable behavior to show. Do not ever let your emotions affect how you behave respectfully. Let him go. We have other things to worry about than him.”

When he lets go of Reggie, Reggie dusted off his clothes and took off down the road. Passing through the crowd and disappearing.

"Yeah yeah," Uso said, getting on the all hands channel, "Someone tag Greg back there. I'd like to pick him up a bit later. Dude's a goldmine of opposition research for these people."

She would be reasonably certain that task would get passed along to someone who could reasonably handle it.

"Lets get infront of their leaders then!" Uso said, returning her attention to Kyro. "I got the army thing handled.... I mean, both the army things at this point? Really anything shooting related."

She had already key'd in the necessary commands, and the crew of the Pumpkin Eater were already loading up U1 cargo pods with candy bars taken from the vending machines stationed all around the ship.

Kyro would remain silent, as there was nothing else he had to say in the issue. “I’ll follow you then Uso.” He then turned to her, and waited for her.

The Fahen soldiers stood behind him in their wool uniforms, they were obviously uncomfortable however kept their composure and stood firm. One of them in with a golden bar on his cap, stepped forward to both Kyro and Uso and stated, “Miss Uso, Sir. I am Edger Szeckly, 2nd Lieutenant of the Fahen 2nd Army... well I was. I would like to assist you in your endeavors against the corruption in our governments. With full support, I will follow your orders.” He reaches into his coat and grabbed out a packet of paper and handed it to her. “This is the current list of logistics and supplies at the base up north west at the capital Miss Uso.”

The packet is in a written language that is unreadable and the symbols are very different. A few words look like Trade, however it’s in a completely different text.

Uso's Communicator would beat with a message from mr. Donovan.
["Is it safe for me to join you yet?"]

[Yeah, I guess. Try not to look scary.] Uso texted back as a U1 flew overhead, pulling up as it got close to Uso's location and opening the rear cargo pod. In moments candy-bars were showering the area with chocolate and nugety goodness.

"Huh... so tell me Edger. Why was Gregory so eager to defend his homeland and why are you so eager to abandon it?" Uso asked, still texting away on her pad, her eyes kinda glancing down at the paper for a moment. "Not that I don't appreciate it, I just want to understand you."

Uso would slowly reach out and take the paper, making a quick image of it using her datapad, and then dropping it on the floor... letting her blob of gear slide forward and catch the item before returning to its place a few feet behind her. She'd then text her people to take a look at the supplies and get an idea of what they are dealing with.

Edger looked at the candy bars that were being dropped and looked back to Uso. "Correct... well miss Uso. He is what you would call, middle class. Most of them are very nationalistic. Since they don't have to deal with us who were raised poor and joined the military to gain enough money to pay for our families. You might not know this, but most of the military comes from poor families. This isn't just in Fahen. It's all over the continent. Except for Thullo and Nojah. Where you're hand selected and are more trained then our Elite Presidential Guard. Which are what you would call royal guards. If they were not working for royalty." He stopped and looked away, obviously peeved by the current situation.

He looked back to her and continued, "The corruption is unbearable. Sure the economy is functioning. However at the cost of the people in this great nation. We need change, and every time we try we get threaten that our families won't see the next day. So yes, I do quit this country. I do abandon it for strangers. And from what I've heard from him. Mr. Draguun? He promises us change. I believe him on that. Even though it's at an arms reach."

Kyro turns to him and says, "There is no further reason to angry any further. For I have arrived. Not only to secure my own goals, but to improve your lives. However I must tell you. Those who were military will be remaining military. Veterans will be more efficient than newer children. I hope you will accept that." Edger glanced and nodded at Kyro, "Aye, that sound reasonable. Would need a strong defense to secure public order."

A white Alligator gunship with a blue stripe made a pass over the scene leaving Mr. Donovan to float gently to the ground with the Pack Power Armor to provide lift. Straightening his tie once both metal feet were planted on the ground he joined the others.
"Did I miss anything important?"

"Yeah, locals, class warfare, Greg got all mad at us for trying to do the planetary takeover thing but he totally ran off!" Uso called out.

She'd then turn her attention back to Kyro,

"So lets go take this makeshift army you got and bring them all to whatever seat of government is there. Bet we can pretty quickly figure out how this is going to go."

“Yes, starting this off soon would be the most optimal. This will most certainly make the central governments see that there is a coup de’ta imminent and that they are completely unprepared for another war. I believe that this should be fun. However, I would remain cautious as well, If us Osmans gave you as much trouble as we did. This will most definitely be much worse.” Kyro stated to Uso.

Kyro would turn to the crowd and then glare down at the mayor on the ground. He shakes his head then continued, “I would say we should take over Fien today, but after hearing what 2nd Lieutenant Szeckly has told us. We should besieged major cities last due to the underwhelming amount of support. Starting in rural areas is a better start. That being said, The Capital must fall as quickly as possible. That means...” Kyro turns to Uso. “They either must surrender and capitulate it they will perish.” He grows a slight smirk on his face.

Ty would respond over tac come with uso. "Reaper actual to uso, I'm keeping tabs on Gregory he's heading to a residential area over."

Ty would be about a kolomiter from the target but with his optics and training remains out of site as he keeps tabs.
His armor making good use of it's adaptive camo as he does so

"Mark Greg's location, we'll pay him a visit later. I think we're doing this revolution thing now." Uso said, taking up her position towards the front of the mob,

"You guys got any more guys ready?" Uso asked on the all hands channel, "I need a few more nearby, we have a sugar-fueled mob ready to go and we need a few guys to keep things from getting ugly."

She'd then turn her attention towards Kyro,

"Lets get me infront of their ruler then. We need to have a talk before we wreck their everything."

Kyro looks out at the crowd still watching them carefully and said, “Yes, I do believe starting sooner rather than later would increase chances of success. Now the trick remains in how we go about handling this meeting, since all of the planetary faction representatives will be there. We will have to sell this as a golden ticket for us or it’s going to be a drawn out conflict. Even more so than 188-604. Have you seen what Lora pulled up on her scans. The faction in the norther peninsula has something rather peculiar.”

The small group of 17 soldiers still standing there, some were now eating candy bars. Edger waiter for further confirmation from Uso. However he was still interested in the technology that Uso was using. To him, it seemed like she was talking to herself.

"Obvi, I'm fucking amazing and this is going to be sold as one of those outta context events. Their governments are going to encounter me like a sentence encounters a period. What comes next is going to be up to them and no way they are just going to take some spacey-invader's word that they have a deathball hanging overhead.

Totally going to have to make an example of someone. Probably... maybe... I'll figure it out when I get there."

She was lying of course, orders and instructions were already being queued up. The Pumpkin Eater.... USO's massive freighter... was already high above them, out of sight for the time being. U1's ready and waiting on the deck.

"Alright Big Ed!" Uso said, flinging her arm over in his direction to point him out, "Where we headed? Which one of these buildings is your capital?"

Ty would respond on using comms "reaper actual, target has been tagged setting up to provide overwatch"

Try would wait on a high location with good view of everything for a 2 kilometers ready for things to kick off

Edger would look at Uso and say, “It takes us about a day to get to the capital... it’s the next major city to the North East miss.” He points in the direction. “Though... with what technologies you have... I don’t know how long it will be...”

Kyro looks over to Uso and says, “Listen, we’re here to make less enemies. More confusion and controversy will only spark more groups against us. I understand that the trust in on a high wire. However, if we say the correct words and appeal to the non hostile factions or those whom have similar beliefs. This will be the best course of action.” He then reaches into his pocket and pulls out the gold coin and moves it through his fingers.

“You’re the one with the transportation Uso. You’ll have to call someone down to pick us up. In the mean time.” Kyro looks down to the mayor, now calmer and looks more frustrated than scared. “We’ll have to deal with anyone who may spark something that will work against us.” He turns back to Uso. “He will be an issue, dealing with him now while the crowd is distracted by me would be best.”

Kyro stepped out to the center of the street and started to speak, “I know you have no reason to trust me, but please hear my words... I am here to print prosperity and wealth. As well as eliminating all corruption...”

Uso would call forth their transport... the small APC hovering a bit further behind them would quickly close the distance and land nearby. The rear hatch opening up to allow access. She'd also flag down some additional transports to assist with moving everyone else so they could bring their army along.

"Come on, you can speech when we get to those in charge!" Uso added.

Kyro cut himself off and waved them as he followed Uso into the APC. There he would sit down and stare down at the floor contemplating.

The Fahen deserters would hop into the extra APCs and sit down inside.

Kyro started to talk to himself, “This is far to easy. Something is not going to go well at the meeting. Someone is going to mess up. I feel as if it’s going to be someone I don’t know...”

RPG-D RPGfix
Back