• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Star Army Is Fat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why, but on the wiki it now says the namespace that the article is in in things such as the search box and on search results pages.
Sorry; was asking about this. I get the namespace moving for images, but did we change/update wiki software for the search bit to happen?

Because we use the setting "Use First Header as Page Title" the pages all have whatever ====== Title ====== we give them instead of showing something like stararmy:weapons:armor_service_pistol_type_29 -- but the side effect is that we don't see the namespace. I've been constantly editing people's titles to be more specific (if 3 factions make all a page titled "Military Equipment" that looks really awkward in a search).

Recently I installed a plugin that puts the namespace in brackets after the page title so you can know which namespace it's living in. This has been really useful to me as I try to organize wiki pages (e.g. moving Star Army equipment into StarArmy:Equipment: ). One fun thing about it is that it will use the page title of a matching namespace (for example, pages in stararmy:equipment: will have the page title from stararmy:equipment (which is Star Army Equipment) appear in the brackets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn moreโ€ฆ