• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Star Army: Secrets of Yamatai

Satellite said:
In fact, I don't even read books... but I'm completely sold on this gaming idea.

Me too. The concept of "shared-world-storytelling", which is really what this is, actually pre-date online message boards. Golden Age (1950s ~ 1970s) science fiction writers used to collaborate on novels, with each contributing not-necessarily-related stories that share the same setting. So we are continuing a proud and noble tradition. :)

re

*calls Amnesy International for Yangfan* Sorry man, they said they can't help you :lol: Anyway.....not sure if I'llbe around for it either

btw Jag I've moved on.

I know you've moved on. What I'm saying is it there wasn't anything to stop and talk about anyway. It happened IC. That's like "appealing" JPs that didn't end the way you wanted them to.

And by the way, don't call me "Jag." It's Jadg, and you should be calling me Wolf or Thad anyway. Jadg was a title, for some reason (because it's the first word?) people started calling me that like a name.

Doesn't it mean "hunt" in German?

Yeah, that's the point. Me and Hound were assassins. Jagd Hound means something like "Hunting Hound." And you may have noticed the actual German word is spelled jagd (most people would recognize it like "jagd panzer" which means anti-tank) but for some reason we spelled it Jadg. I don't remember why, I think Hound did it.

Wes said:
Secrets of Yamatai focuses on a group of 3-5 player characters who are working for a special division of SARA to uncover some mysteries and find the truth.

Mission/Locations:

1. The Hunt for Yuumi
Missing for a few years now, the previous Empress is rumored to be alive. Where is she, and why hasn't she returned? Experience Nepleslia's dark capital, Funky City, firsthand.

2. Origin of the Mishhuvurthyar
From Yamatai to Hyulughflar, uncover the source of the Mishhuvurthyar race, and their deadly connection to the Nekovalkyrja.

3. The Stasis Fleets
Around Hoshi no Iori, there are millions of ships with their crews in stasis. What is Pantheon doing with these ships? Find out what the Megami systems are thinking about their civil rights and the story of AvaNet, which goes back the the beginning of time.

These are all tentative.
The saga continues...

Very cool. Dark secrets ... I'm going to enjoy watching that unravel. Anything the Valiant can do to help, you know I'm so there.

(Realises it's your baby, and that as site GM on such an important matter you need full control).

*Nod* I briefly considered getting the Mikomi deep into it too, for a while.
https://stararmy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1645

Remember, one of the first Secrets of Yamatai plots was actually the early missions YSS Ongaku (on Nepleslia, looking for Eve). Some of these plots go way back. The YSS Sakura is now really getting into it though, with the mysterious hybrid Nekovalkyrja and such.

This plot is developing very well. The Sakura will continue their probe into the origins of the Mishhuvurthyar.

The Miharu will likely participate a bit too, but with the Black Spiral angle instead of the Mishhu. I'm sly, secretive and don't want Doshii Jun to know any more than he needs to know about this to keep him entertained, so, I'm not saying anymore except to Wes. :p

*snorts* Not that I ever assumed I was a co-GM and all, but it isn't just me you need to keep amused.

Just as long as I'm still an editor.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't value your help Jake. It just seemed to me like you'd have more fun learning about the story as you go instead of beforehand. The same goes for the other players, of course.

MM007 said:
Sentient computer civil rights, huh? This could be interesting...
That sounds like one of those comic book events. You know, the kind that will "change everything" and cost hundreds of dollars to follow, but in the end turn out to be not that big a deal.

(Specifically, I am referring to Marvel's 'Civil War' storyline. Look it up on Wikipedia, that's what I did. :p)

That was my point, actually.

Not that I've actually read it, but such things in comic books seem to be rarely interesting. (I don't like the X-Men for this precice reason.)

Anything similar in the RP would have to be handled very carefully.

I think you're underestimating this. The Secret of Yamatai plotarc is not small. It's been going on for at least as long as the current board has been going on and there's defenitely a lot of preparation that went in it and, like Wes said, it's been going very well. Don't rattle chains and raise rumors of things not going smoothly or well when it's not the case and just see how things will develop.

In fact, you should feel lucky: the Sakura, whom you are participating in, is one of the best ships to be in if you want to get involved in significant plot developments - it being GMed by Wes and all.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back