• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Star Trek: Nightmare Mode

Yeah by far my favorite show of all time was TNG. That was a major catalyst for launching me into the world of sci-fi, at all. It's still something I watch and enjoy on a regular basis. But I agree, the new movies are pretty well just complete trash. Star Trek, TNG, and DS9 had good story lines and cared about their writing. I can't speak for anything after that, because I stopped watching when Voyager came along. But these movies...well, it's already been said.

I agree with most of what you are saying except I disagree that the new movies are complete trash. IMO, the new movies are just ordinary, everyday sci-fi movies made to make a buck. They are entertaining enough to go watch for an evening, but they lack the special feeling that you get with the real Star Trek shows. I've been watching DS9 series on Netflix and continually point out that "they would never do that on any of the new movies." Most of what I point out is character development and general day-to-day scenes that the new movies refuse to portray. The new movies just want action and special effects.

I watched this movie a few months ago, I thought it was pretty fun. I really just had two issues with it: The cheap suspense generated by the ship's crew apparently not doing any actual math before deciding to jump off a cliff, and the punching. I don't go to sci-fi movies for 30 minutes of bare-knuckled brawling! I liked all the other action scenes, even the absurdly hilarious one with the 'classical music'. The spaceship fighting was the best I've ever seen in theaters. (Sorry, Star Wars!)

I am really excited for the Picard show coming tbh. When I saw the "Chateau Picard" wine bottles, I had to send a pic of them to Wes and tell him they stole Hanako's idea, haha! I am really excited to see what comes!

I have seen some memes about it, but one I really liked was that Picard is late to a meeting due to lingering at a bookstore opening and it made me think how cool it would be if his skill and interest in archeology was a factor in the show! Who knows, I am excited to find out, though!!

Star Trek Picard and everything about it sounds interesting. It does break the heart a little to see him working his family winery. I think they are going to really focus on the death of Rene Picard as a contributing factor to what Picard is going through. (I forget if his meltdown about it was in first contact or nemesis, Ill have to rework the gears to reference).

Hope to see it! Love this thread.

He died?!?! :eek: I haven't seen the movies. I honestly thought Rene would somehow be in the plot I am so dumb. Time to feel pain, Picard style *picks up small flute and begins to play the songs of a lost people*...

This scene:

RPG-D RPGfix
Back