• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: 188604 [Star Wasp] 4: The Beach Episode

• Thread starter Thread starter Zack
  • Start date Start date
Akemi and the Beach Crashers

Akemi only further lit up at the insult and threatening stances. He had the stupid, uncontrollable, toothy smile of someone shamelessly caught with their hand in the cookie jar that was so brazenly uncaring it was as if they wanted to be found out and shamed. Either that or the expression of someone so at a loss for words they could only think to try to smile their way out of a tricky situation. "Gosh, I merely wanted to sincerely compliment you guys," he said as he raised his open hands to chest level in a universal sign of caution and harmless intent. "The way you have to close your mouth to talk coherently is crazy cute. I'd definitely like to talk to your boss if only so you might think a tad better of me and I'll gladly wait to talk to you when you're not on duty if you'll let me."

Reasoning it best to get out of the proximity of the bloodthirsty Neko with the sword that looked like something out of a video game Akemi ironically awkwardly moved forward through her and the blonde one for comedic effect, carefully contorting his body if necessary to squeeze through. As he drew near their boss he gave one of his signature silly waves with a hand held close to his body at shoulder level. "Hello miss Banning, I'm Koga Akemi, citizen of the galaxy, former soldier, pop singer and owner of a chain of restaurants that specialize in exotic foods and adult entertainment. I figured I just had to make your acquaintance since I'm looking to set up here. I must say your choice of bodyguards is exquisite. Is there any chance I could purchase their services?"

The Neko knew he was probably only adding fuel to the fire but he couldn't help but want to see how things would go. Maybe she'd enjoy or at least be the type to indulge his sense of humor. Maybe he'd get another amusing rise out of the pair behind him. Perhaps he'd learn how attached she was to them and they'd be surprised or hurt or made to think twice by her answer. He didn't really want to buy them, especially considering the steep price he'd likely receive if any given his behavior. He simply wanted to start with a fun icebreaker while he waited to see if their employer had any ideas of her own as to how they might work together. He might be better off having the woman explain herself first.

Last edited:
Errowyn lazy stood up from her deck chair where she had been lounging. She knelt next to the cooler and replaced the water bottle inside it. Also it gave her a chance to check up on her more lethal equipment she kept in there also. She stood up, picking up her wrap and putting it on over sun warmed skin. It rubbed raw in places that had gotten a bit too much sun.

Once the wrap was securely in place and the cooler in hand. She slipped on her sandals and then made her way off the beach. She would've liked to have taken a swim in the ocean, except it was filled with that slimy plant that the locals liked so much. At least her lake was free from the slimy plant.

Errowyn casually strolled past the party crasher group as she made her way off the beach towards one of the ships. Queen's Slave

Cutting to Chases to Finish this:

Looking up from something projected on her AR display, Van Banning looked to Akemi with a measured expression. It felt like all his words just bounced off of this woman, and instead the barest essentials of it were all that she registered. A lengthy and grandiose introduction to her was boiled down to a few things. Something about a restaurant, something about making friends, something about her staff. Instead she seemed to be more interested in looking over Akemi physically, as if measuring him up.

"My staff are under a contract with a set duration. This isn't some sort of pitch, is it?" She asked, sounding a bit weary. Taking a look at her it was clear that she was actually somewhat enjoying the beachy atmosphere, not exactly looking for office talk.

Meanwhile, a few meters away the mechanic of the group took a few steps. She waved for Alex to follow after her, probably to ask her boss about the lift.

Noticing the obvious mood of the red haired woman Akemi acted accordingly. "Sorry if I'm bothering you while you're just trying to relax ma'am. You all look so fetching I couldn't help but stop by. I'd simply like to say I'm partnering up with Uso to feed the planet and spruce it up with recreational facilities and fine dining to make it a nice tourist stop. Figured I'd let you know since you're here and you're a big business figure. Paying my respects and all. Do you mind if I talk to your staff, like whoever this adorable creature is if you'd rather not chat with me?" The Neko looked in the direction of the mousy, freckled assistant again to clarify his intent.

Van Banning turned slowly, swivelling on one heel to look at the mousy woman by her side, then turned back to Akemi.

"She has to work." Van Banning said, like her statement was law on the matter.
"I have to work." Her assistant said, shrinking as if trying to hide behind her datapad.

"Is there any chance I could purchase them all some time off?" Akemi asked, not expecting a positive, agreeable answer to be likely. Maybe the blond and the Neko would appreciate the thought though or at least maybe the one in front of him would. He wondered if the bodyguards would think he was only trying to get them alone for unsavory intentions. The possibility of them interpreting the question that way amused him. He half expected their boss to say yes and demand an astronomical amount of money. "Not necessarily now, just some in addition to what they already get? Surely a woman as rich as you has others you can call on to take their place."

Van Banning looked to her assistant, as if checking to see if it were viable. At this point, Alex and his pink haired friend sauntered up to see some people crunching numbers and discussing vacation hours... It all seemed a bit boring.

For her part, the diminutive Assistant in question stepped up to Akemi, holding up her datapad to the Neko and explaining in a slightly distant voice. It was a whole slab of accounting figures, and actuarial predictions. The final tally showed a rather substantial sum. "This is the predicted losses for our taking more time off, you'll be able to buy us more time off if you compensate Ms. Van Banning for predicted losses plus ten percent."

Observing the scene and seeing how the young woman, who appeared to be some sort of assistant, was trying to be inconspicuous, he turned to the pink haired mechanic and asked, "What's the deal with them?"

"Lili's got a hard job." The pink haired woman explained, wandering easily up to Van Banning. "Hey, Evie. This kid's shipwrecked here. Y'think he can get a lift back with us to Nepleslia Prime?"

In turn, Van Banning looked to Alex for a second. Uttering a single word after a single moment of consideration: "No."

Seeing the disturbing scene before him, Alex had an idea and decided to voice it. "You know, People who are relaxed and happy work more efficiently. That should cover some of it. And I suppose that once my mecha is fixed up, I could do some manual labor for you."

"With all due respect, I would not want my working record to show me taking undue days off." Lili says, her head lowering somewhat to tap at her datapad. "Furthermore, the sum is quite substantial. We could buy approximately forty of you for the amount of money you would be working off through manual labor."

Feeling a need to help out, Alex soon grew exasperated, speaking without thinking, he blurted out, "There has to be something I can do."

"Normally people like you would request a loan, or a new toy to play with in exchange for their services." Van Banning said, somewhat amused. She took a sip from her fruity-looking cocktail. "We can maybe work out something."

For her part, Lili dutifully went back to her work, tapping away to make arrangements for just about anything her boss could demand of her.

"Well that's a little too rich for my blood," Akemi interjected, looking at Lili. "But I'll gladly treat you and your coworkers here to whatever local delicacies there are when you're free. Would it be alright if I asked for their names and contact information? I'd love to have associates of your boss like you over when my first attractions are built. And maybe if any interesting business ideas come up between us you could then pass them along."

Van Banning would nod, taking one look from Lili, then to Akemi. Some details were sent along... Although where to exactly was tough to say. It seemed that her people were speaking with his people somewhere out there, but right here all that was happening was a bit of silence and some pressing of buttons.

Alex was on the brink of giving up, his words seemed to have no effect on the woman in charge, who seemed drinking some sort of local beverage, turning to the one holding a computer pad, Alex said, "Miss, is there anything I can do to help or make your job easier?"

"If you still wish to work for us, please contact our planetary office on this number." Lili explained with a little wistful sigh, sending off another file. Somehow, a 'message recieved' would ping up before Alex's eyes. Recieving the message directly into his own head with contact details for an office on a 27th floor.

Akemi decided to move on to some business small talk. He continued to retain his upbeat attitude and breezy smile. "So, have you guys got any big ambitions for this planet and Uso? Mind if I ask what your relationship with her is? Sorry for all the questions. Feel free to ask me anything you want."

"Uso used to work for me." Van Banning offered Akemi as explanation. "She branched out on her own, and I wished to become the patron of a budding entrepreneur. So far we have signed a deal in which we offer our help reforming the real-money and financial economies to bring this colony into the interstellar stage. We will be implemen--" She was cut off, turning to look at the commotion made by Alex. She might have even used the distraction to not comment on the specific value of her employees to her.

Surprised by the notice, Alex was so startled that he lost his balance, backed up several steps trying to regain it, and then slammed into a ship. Rubbing his head in pain, Alex had almost recovered before a tool box slid down and hit him on the head.

Seeing the carnage caused by her email, Lili darted forward and bent down to offer Alex her hand to help him up, muttering quiet and non-specific apologies. Seemed that she just assumed this was somehow her fault.

"We will be implementing digital currency over the coming months." Van Banning continued, unconcerned with Alex's wellbeing. "That way you'll be able to do business more effectively, I believe."

Taking Lili's proffered hand, Alex got up. After hearing her apologies, He responded, "It's not your fault. You couldn't have known."

"If you start to feel woozy, please visit the medical offices at the Enclave." Lili said, looking just a little relieved that he was okay.

"Well that'll be super useful," Akemi replied, his face lighting up with another fresh smile, clearly quite enthused. "I was wondering exactly how I'd be conducting my business transactions. I'd love to eventually start blowing the minds of the rich people here with virtual reality and electronic services some day so that brings me one step closer." As the Neko spoke he began to read over the entirety of the information that'd been sent his way. "So, what does one need to become a beneficiary of your patronage?"

"Submit a viable proposition through my personal assistant." Van Banning said, indicating Lili. "If the proposal flies by a panel, we approve and invest provided you submit to return our investment with some interest. Beyond that, we are always looking for talent, so if you wish to apply for contract work you may also contact Lili here."

Akemi's eyes danced with interest and his ears wiggled with excitement while his hands balled up into little fists under his chin. "Oooh, what kind of contract work?"

Van Banning seemed to stare in to space for a second, reviewing some message displayed on her spectacles before looking down on Akemi. "For you? I'd have to see your curriculum vitae. At a glance... I'd say arm candy at some function."

"Oh I can totally do that," Akemi said, his spirit audibly soaring with glee. "Especially if it's a girl and she's cute and abusive or really shy." He loved giving people the idea he was a masochist and shamelessly superficial. "Could I be a piece of meat at one you personally attend?" The man turned for a moment, glancing at Lili to gauge her expression.

"I have my own stable of suitors." Van Banning said plainly, "I can't speak for the tastes of my peers in that regard. You would have to try your luck."

Lili was busy, keeping a neutral and professional demeanor as she stood by Alex still. She occasionally looked up to look at the mystery kid's head. From where Alex was standing he could tell she was switching between some sort of complicated report that was constantly updating, and looking up first aid for concussions. As it was, Lili didn't seem to be paying much attention to Akemi at all.

"Well feel free to kick my name around like a can. I'd love to attend some hotsy-totsy events with the upper crust and the top of the criminal bottom feeders." Akemi paused briefly as his torso wiggled back and forth, another sign of his growing enthrallment. "I started out as Yamataian space infantry and served my three years so there's that."

"Not a good quality in my circles." Van Banning said, with no real feeling to it. If anything the admission of Akemi's service in the Star Army just sounded tiresome to her. "Well. Submit your application at the office... Which you should give the order to drop now, Lili."

Lili stood up straight, and squeaked out a little 'Yes Ma'am!' before switching a few applications over on her datapad, eventually stabbing a big green button labelled "Orbital Drop".

"Well alrighty then. It was real a pleasure talking with and looking at you." Akemi gave a little bow as if he were about to leave, then turned and walked up to the two bodyguards. "So, would you each like a day off or 20,000 DA?"

"The Money." They both said in unison.

Akemi leaned back and laughed a bit. "That was quick. I hope you guys don't think I'm too disgusting, like too disgusting even to talk to. Less than that sure, being disgusting is fun, but that much would suck. If you're ever off duty and bored and got nothing better to do than laugh at how pathetic I am and berate me hit me up." A little girly giggle escaped his lips. He then turned to Lili and mentally shot the money at her to distribute. He waited a moment to see if they'd say anything more then flew off. "Toodles."

Orbital Drop:

No reply came to Akemi, as the group of beach crashers were busy looking straight up. Within the Queen's Slave, Errowyn would note the equipment pinging approaching ships. Not unusual these days, with I'ee deliveries being made to the White Lament, and imports becoming more frequent. The proximity alert on it was a little worrying, however.

Outside, the blue sky seemed to ripple. The few whisps of clouds spoiling a perfect day were scattered outwards as a massive orbital platform started to descend to ground level. A huge black container held suspended within an outer construction frame came down closer and closer to the beach, before starting to drop at speed. Locals started to panic, seeing something a little too reminiscent of the destruction of Mount Gleipnir coming their way.

But, the trajectory of the huge... Thing pulled it over the beach, coming down with a surprisingly gentle crash just north of the beach towards the foothills of the mountains that once protected Osman city. The sound of brief rumbling came from it, as underneath the dropped object; foundation beams were bored into the bedrock of the seashore. Slowly, the whole thing took shape, as the outer layer started to peel back in segments. Blast-shutters to protect the building in re-entry pulling back.

A hexagonal pre-fabricated building; forty stories high. Easily the largest artificial construct on the planet. Uso's investors had brought their Enclave to the planet.

The Arrival
Ace strolled up the group clearly still ticked over his encounter with Penelope. Upon arriving at the group he tried his best to smile despite his anger. "Hey folks you seem new. Can I help you with anything? I need a change of pace." Ace scanned each ones face pausing on the scared Neplepsian lingering there a bit longer than the others, a flash of recognition going on behind his eyes before diming out. "Not possible." He muttered to himself.

"Uso isn't here currently, and it looks like the deputy is swamped. Corgan's out as well, which leaves myself or Errowyn. I'd go with Errowyn if I were you I'm not in the best of moods at the moment." He jerked his head at Errowyn's general direction, the Queen's Slave. "You'll find her inside." Ace pointed at the Nep. "Also would you mind if I talked to you, I have a few questions about an event I experienced many years ago, and I just want to clear my head about it before I move on."

Queen's Slave

Errowyn watched from safety of the queen Slave bridge where the more advance equipment lay. And to move the ship if needed. She smiled softly as the newest building settled in place away from locals having fun on the beach. She relaxed in the pilot seat with her sandaled feet on the console before her. looking out the viewport watching building reconfigure from space travel to a more planet bound stationary one.

Once building was settled, Errowyn moved to her cabin just outside the bridge. The privilege of being one of the first in claiming a cabin. Even though there were others on the Command Deck of the F6 Freighter. She changed into simple jumpsuit for now as she wondered who the new comers were. But knowing Uso, seeing the new building in place, would probably work some deal out for a place within the building.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…