Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: 188604 [Star Wasp] 4: The Beach Episode

• Thread starter Thread starter Zack
  • Start date Start date
You may be stuck in a Mills and Boone plot, guys:

On Corgan's approach and request for information on a case, Arccos' reaction was much the same of her Deputy's. She rolled her head back slightly, gave a sharp breath and pressed a palm to her face. Uttering the words "Ugh, with this shit again..."

"I told all my men to not share information on ongoing manhunts without permission from me. I don't want people handling these things with thumbscrews as some of you are prone to doing." Arccos said, indicating the massive plume of sand from an outraged Ace still settling. Inside she actually thanked the man for giving such a perfect example in such a timely manner. Outside, she flicked her datapad a couple of times with a fingertip. Corgan would be able to see her occasionally boredly switching back to some sort of clicker-style game in between looking up the details on this particular thing.

"'The Glass Rose. Some say he was a famous singer of the Osmani Opera before taking to the night's highway'," Arccos quoted, "'The Glass Rose, they say he's the finest swordsman in all the worlds and stars'. Oh, 'The Glass Rose, they say he can seduce with a glimpse of his eye or the breath of his lips.' Finest blade, greatest lover, and cleverest burglar in all the land."

Arccos oozed sarcasm.

By the looks of things she was reading off of statements taken from victims, or maybe from witnesses. A flick of her finger and it was sent over to Corgan's HUD if he really wanted to read it. Most of it read like something Arccos would read in her spare time, if Corgan knew Arccos. A lot of statements describe how dashingly handsome this person was, how smooth they spoke, how gentle he was with them as he robbed them, which seemed to run counter to the bruising on that woman's neck... Or maybe that was exactly this guy's style? Reports came from both men and women, and there was at least one report from a man who explained this from a perspective which made it seem like he'd watched. Most of the details were sexy sketchy at best.

Most of that novelty seemed to have been lost on the 'spacer now that it was something she actually had to deal with.

"Some sort of dandy highwayman and jewel thief, said to molest faithful wives and take their finest jewellery..." A flick back to her clicker game, "If someone was actually attacked, and there's an actual calling card? It's the first proof we have that this guy actually exists... People out there are injured, starving, or otherwise genuinely suffering. Compared to street gangs, smugglers, and just... Everything in Tyben and the north coast? We didn't have enough resources to look into what we thought was either the plot of a dirty novel, or just a common excuse people gave when caught having affairs."

She looked to Corgan, apparently about ready to tell him he was wasting her time, then sighed. He meant well, and if this was real? It was more serious than it had seemed.

"...I'll register you as a Brigadier for this investigation. You take the lead, and call me if you need help." Tap tap tap on her datapad. "If anyone tortures anyone else for info; shoot them. Corruption has a penalty of being recycled."

Arccos' words behind your backs:

At Ace's outburst, the Deputy could only look on as if he were impressed. Certainly not intimidated. As Josward had put it when Arccos first formed the Brigade, the only thing these men knew for the most part was how to stand in a line and be shot. Compared to a rank of muskets, this was something far less worth cowardice. It was impressive, sure, but it wasn't a giant explosion of whizzing death balls which you had no defense against other than the devil's own luck.

He looked down at Gut-Stripe.

"Yeah, I work for Uso too, under Uso's authority. And someone else who works directly with Uso told me she'd shoot me if I 'let thugs get in the way of justice'." He grumbles as he finishes up his notes. "By the looks of things, someone attacked that woman and stole something. That's all I can say for now. I'll be going to talk with her family, if they are present."

The Running Woman:

The victim in question; on being run down like some sort of criminal practically collapses to the ground again, clutching the rose like it was something she desperately had to hide. Every word out of his mouth seemed to make her wince as if she was expecting Ace to strike her, or mock her or maybe worse. All reactions which seemed to indicate that this was quite a serious incident she'd survived.

On the offer of Ace's shirt, she snatched it from him, and threw it around her shoulders. Seemingly regaining some sort of inner pride in the process.

"I am the Comtesse Penelope Dantratten, of the Asantren Dantrattens" She introduced herself, as if her name and address alone should be sufficient to cause Ace to bow. "I should not have to suffer this indignity any longer!"

On the less Dramatic End of the Beach:

Seeing Sammy apparently upset by having part of the sand move away, the Junker dubbed Mr. Metal waved its metallic tendril-like manipulators, before poking the end of one in hap-hazardly to the collapsed pile of sand, and drawing a smiley face in it. Giving a 'deet-doot-di-dool' junker chirp. Somehow spacing out the machine noises to make it sound semi-phonetically like 'It's beautiful'.

It turned its attention back to the little Sand-Sammy it had made earlier, its head popping upwards a little and a lens-like device popped out under it. The sculpture it had made started to glow hot, then turn transparent, flowing together... Before it stuck its manipulators right back in to help it keep its shape. A few moments of almost hypnotic sculpting to keep the thing in place, and the Junker was presenting Sammy with a surprisingly realistic glass sculpture of himself.

The little LED panel on the Junker showed a symbol for a gout of steam, indicating that it was still hot...

O-oh, ok:

Gut-Stripe wasn't sure whether to be incensed or ashamed that she had spoken to the deputy in such a manner, now that he had identified himself as being under Uso's jurisdiction as well; at least to some extent. "I... I am sorry.", she finally said, her synthesised voice still managing to sound ashamed of herself. The I'ee stood stiffly for a moment, unsure if she should say more or offer assistance, before simply deciding to get out while she was ahead. If local violence was important enough to involve her, Uso would let her know. With a soft chatter, Gut-Stripe turned and began slinking away across the sand, back towards the volleyball court.

Less Embarrassing Wasp:

"Ooh!", Sammy squeaked again, his abdomen deflating like a balloon as he made the noise, clasping his upper claws together with delight. Sammy had assumed that the Junkers were simple robots, but 'Mr. Metal's behaviour had convinced the impressionable ambassador that it was highly intelligent; perhaps even a metal animal of some kind. He watched in awe as the Junker melted down the sand figurine and converted it into glass, letting out rapid, excited squeaks. "Ooh! Ooh!", he gasped, flapping his wings as the figurine was presented to him. "It's so pretty! Thank you... M-Mr. Metal!" He tentatively leant closer, hovering an antenna near the glass to feel its temperature and waiting until it had cooled before taking it gently in his hands.

Last edited:
As Alex surveyed the chaotic scene before him, he was at a loss as to what to do. Unsure of himself, but not sure what else to do, Alex knelt down next to the young woman and asked "are you okay miss?"

Reading the Situation
Ace reading the situation and the woman's tone kneel'd down and bowed his head. "No one should miss and if there is anything I can do to help you just need to ask me." Seeing Alex arrive Ace looked over. "Thanks for showing up Alex."

Beach

"I'm sorry mister Cor-gun... I'm sorry miss Uso..." A more squeaky end of their vocal range, but no less sluggish. "This game... Being too fast for this one."

"Nothing to be sorry for Truffleclub, you're the best server I could ask for!" Uso said, before eventually having to turn her attention to Arccos.

Uso would look over at the spacer sheriff, pause for a moment, and just look her in the eyes for a bit.

“....... fiiiine. I'll go talk to them. When did I get an Imperial Court?”

Uso chewed it over for a bit, shifting her weight from one leg to the other, “I suppose I don't know where they are either.... have them come by the beach, and next time let Aaron handle this. These are his people. He can do the leading.”

Beach, but way off where there was screaming

When Vier observed the situation she would quietly send her junker drone back to doing beach work, leaving herself there to watch the crowd crowing around the woman and her glass flower-looking things.

Beach, Back where Uso and Arccos were.

One of Vier's bodies would approach the pair, and wait for Uso to finish speaking before joining in. “Arccos, There appears to be an investigation ongoing further down the beach. May I have your permission for one of my nodes to join in?”

“OH, is it anything fun?” Uso asked hopefully,

“I will be able to determine that upon receiving the appropriate permission.” Vier responded, leading Uso to go back to frowning.

Last edited:
The Tale of the Glass Rose / Collect a Debt

Errowyn arrived with the others, but stayed back and listened to the Deputy of Arccos as he explained things. It seamed that this was a local custom amongst the native. She was about to give chase after the woman, yet Ace seamed to be playing the gentleman. Shew turned and headed back to the volleyball court and saw that the other players had dispersed.

She didn't give it any more thought and returned to deck chair, replacing her service weapon and power cell back into the ziplock plastic baggy. The bbq aromas were drifting on the breeze. She looked thought as she remembered the glass rose. That would be interesting to find out about that. It must be a local relationship ritual.

She frowned at remembering the palace in ruins, the library was probably in ruins and a lot of knowledge was lost. Then she smiled, remembering Princess Julie's Aunt. She was well off and probably had huge library or knowledge of this Glass Rose Business. The Aunt did owe her a favor for keeping the where about of Princess Julie a secret from the both Uso, Ragnarok, Raphael and the local factions. She suspected that Cyrus knew hopefully he kept it a secret.

It was time to collect on a favor. It surprised her as she was more interested in local customs than getting back to Yamatiain Space. She was making good money out here. Had a place to go for major overhauls to her Kawarime. A lover, Interesting people to be working with, even though the majority were Nepleslians.

She settled back on her chosen lounge chair and put on sunglasses she had found laying around and that fit her. She listened and soaked up the sun's warm, getting a nice tan.

The amount of fucks Arccos gives about anything other than beach shenanigans right now:

"I'd normally bring this stuff to him, but this is also the part where the terrified local aristocracy shower you with gifts. They want you to let them keep their fortunes, lands and titles." Arccos grumbled, apparently not liking the idea. "And you don't have an imperial court. They just think we're all part of one..."

The pale Sheriff looked over to Vier. Frowning a little. There was just... Something about this woman plurality... She had the worst timing in history. Or at least the interests needed to make it impossible for Arccos to ask her if she was single. She'd been trying to find an opportunity to just ask the question, drop an invisible mic and walk away from that genius pun for the past week, but that timing was a bitch all things considered. Instead of doing it right now, Arccos instead moved to pull something out of her pants pocket. Only succeeding in nudging the waistband on her underwear down about an inch and a half before remembering her lack of pants and pulling them back up.

"...I seem to have left my little gold star deputizing-stickers in my only pants. Just imagine I stuck four on your collective noses and consider yourself deputized in all quadrants. You're trying to hunt down the mysterious fuck-king of 188604 who is probably fictional, but has also apparently appeared to ravish a nobleman's daughter-slash-wife-slash-sister or whoever she was here on this very beach." Arccos took to her datapad again, once more swiping diagonally upper right to send the documentation on the supposed crimes of the Glass Rose on to Vier. In the process she spilled most of the details to Uso who was hovering around in front of her.

"Of course, if he's real he can supposedly give multiple orgasms to the furniture just by sitting on it, so... I expect a very boring or very thrilling report on my desk in the morning. Or if you catch him... I dunno. Uso can have him?"

Even Space Wasps Ruin Picnics:

As the minutes had passed by, the poor men trying to cook their precious off-world luxury meats would be increasingly beset upon by curious I'ee: The entire beach's wasp content besides Sammy and Gut-Stripe were now clustered around that one campfire. Some were chattering idly to each other, some examined the men up close; plucking at their clothing and examining their equipment, and some tried to steal strips of meat from the spit using the mandibles. Those who did so successfully scampered away on all six legs, squeaking with elation, head held high with the strip of flesh flapping in the wind.

Some I'ee are Space Kender, apparently:

As the I'ee started to encroach more upon the various barbecues going on along the beach, the reaction to their antics started to change over time. At first, their general curiosity is met with rather good natured behavior. Many just treating them as amusing little people who were coming up for a visit... It was around the point where they started to encroach on others' lunch that things started to take a turn. Fresh prime Space Pork, with thornbrush-berry sauce, being taken by little squeaking thieves! Indeed, being taken by little squeaking thieves from what amounted to police officers?

One of the two stood suddenly, and reached to his holster where. A tumble-spore rolled by as he narrowed his eyes and pulled off a very well practiced quick-draw... To pull out a rolled up Brigadier Gazette newspaper, fresh off the presses. A few I'ee were treated to a bop on the antennae from the enraged deputies protecting their delicious pork.

"No! Bad alien buggos!" He scolded.

Over by the volleyball court which was now being approached by a few of the locals who wanted to try out this daring new novelty, Arccos looked over to the disruption, before turning to look at Sammy.

"Sammy! Can you tell your people to stop stealing and ask to share?!" The High Sheriff called over to where the big/little wasp was having fun with the junkers, then moving on to the next item on the list... Uso's audience. Which was almost the perfect time for Arccos to find that Uso had already fled with the Iromakuanhe, spotting the Queen's Slave already leaving.

"Oh you lazy bit--" Arccos cried out furiously, before being engulfed in a small crowd of insistent nobility. Forced to deal with filthy Aristocrats in Uso's absence.

Mousygirl Returns, with friends!:

From the opposite end of the beach, mostly unnoticed: A small group approaches being led through the area to the rather excitable beach. The slight woman in her ruffled white bikini leading a some others to the scene, all of them likewise obviously alien, and all of them never having officially arrived on-world. While dressed for the beach, they seem to slink around the various groups attending the beach. Seemingly taking notes on the states of various parked spaceships, and observing the operation taking place in general.

They seem interested, possibly bemused.

Deadly Anti-Bug Weapon:

An I'ee engineer who was making a sneaky grab for the pork with her jaws received the first vicious bap of the newspaper, jumping backward in shock and tilting her head to one side, her antennae wiggling. She attempted again, and got another thwack of local literature to the face, now letting out a soft, put-out 'oof' sound. Defeated, she ducked her head low and scampered away on all six legs, to which the other I'ee snorted to each other with amusement.

Sammy, still playing with 'Mr. Metal' and examining his new glass miniature of himself, jumped in surprise when he heard Arccos' voice. "Oh! Yes, Miss!", he squeaked, scrambling to his feet and giving the Junker a pat before running off with the figurine. Soon, the beleaguered men at their campfire would find help in the form of another I'ee; only this one had an LED mask on his face displaying an angry frown! Waving his arms, huffing and puffing, Sammy gradually chased each of the engineers away until they all reluctantly began to leave the beach. With no technological light show left to watch and no meat to steal, the Ithit and Ithee workers slowly trickled back in the direction of town.

"I'm sorry about that, sirs!", Sammy squeaked to the officers as he returned, clutching his glass statuette against his chest, abdomen pulsing breathlessly. "The Ithit and Ithee... um... they can be greedy." With a parting wave and a smile from his mask, the ambassador toddled back towards where had last seen Arccos, tilting his head at the crowd swarming that location. "Um. Miss Arccos?", he asked timidly to the aristocratic mound, his voice drowned out by the others, tapping a claw on his jaws as he wondered what to do. The Ee'ith male jumped in surprise as Gut-Stripe, returning from her investigation, brushed past him, secretly amused by his reaction, and stood to watch Arccos fight off the crowd.

Just Before Arrcos Talked To Vier

Corgan looked to where she pointed and nodded. “Good point. But being around you I’ve picked up the importance of restraint. There’s a time and a place for emotions.” He said slowly. When she got to the reports he rolled his eyes. “Right, some kind of local legend. I doubt this guy is real, probably somebody using the stories to get away with terrible shit. Still, I think we should find out what’s going on here. It’s more interesting than volleyball anyway.” He skimmed through the reports quickly, which didn’t really tell him much. For a moment he thought she was done, but she continued. “That is a pretty clever cover for an affair. Sounds like the most likely scenario. If there’s even a chance there’s something to it, my mother would kick my ass if I didn’t do anything. You would probably like her.” He laughed at the thought of Arccos meeting his mother. “Thank you for letting me do this. I should be able to handle it.”

His mind made up, he started walking away. After a few steps, he turned back. “I meant what I said earlier, you know. You look great.” Before she could respond he ran off to catch up with Ace.

Having had his attempts to help out foiled, Alex walked back to the beach. Deep in thought, he wandered across the beach. Why is it, he thought to himself, that whenever I try to do anything, it goes wrong.
Why do I always mess things up.

With nothing better to do, he walked. His head slightly down, he ambled aimlessly along the stretch of sand. Alex scanned the area to see if he could find anyone he knew. Out of the corner of his eye, he spied a small group of people over by a bunch of ships. Deciding to check it out, he began walking toward them at a relaxed pace.

The Beach gets back on Track:

With those investigating doing their thing, and the various insistent locals pacified by a begrudging sheriff in Uso's absence... The beach actually regained a modicum of peace. Some locals had taken up the mantle of users of the volleyball court, and without the flash of the extremely physically enhanced they were having a less advanced but amusing enough time. Many were taking dips in the water as the afternoon started to heat up.

The two deputies give Sammy their thanks; before cutting off a strip of spit-roast pork belly, topping it with some sort of berry sauce and offering it to the little wasp ambassador as their thanks.

Alex and the Beach Crashers:

As Alex approaches the beach and the off-worlders inspecting the ships, he manages to catch a few snippets of conversation from those strangers.

"Yet they're spending resources on this beach..." Said one.
"Course correction should really be expected. It's not like we haven't given money for maintenance before..." Replied a second.

Conversation dropped off as Alex drew near. The whole group turning to look at him for a moment. All in all there were five of them. All women. Well, maybe one was on the fence. Most congregated around a tall woman with burgundy red hair and thick rimmed black glasses wearing a conservative black one-piece swimsuit. Despite the lack of flash, she was actually somewhat stunning to look at in terms of looks. Perfect features, fine skin, holding herself with surprising grace in each movement... She was drinking some sort of fruity cocktail from a tall glass.

The most recognizable one was a short woman with hair cut to a mousy bob, and freckles over her nose. She had been watching the volleyball earlier, but was now hurriedly going over a datajockey.

Two more seemed to be some sort of security, maybe? Yet they were equally clad for the beach. One was a short and diminutive nekovalkyrja, who looked to be in her mid-teens at best. Fifteen or Sixteen, though being a Nekovalkyrja she was probably younger than that. Shoulder-length curly black hair worn in pigtails, and milk-white skin. She wore a navy blue tankini. It was only the elaborate and high-tech looking sheathed sword held in one hand that indicated she might have been more than she seemed. Her other hand held some sort of popsicle.

A second apparent security member was a tall nepleslian woman... Maybe? Possibly. They wore trunks and a zippered sleeveless hoodie, exposing arms sufficient to be a one-person gun-show, but narrow shoulders and defined legs made it unclear if this was a man or woman. Mocha brown skin with a dyed dirty blonde undercut, pulled back in a ponytail with a few loose locks falling around their face. A face twisted into a permanent half-grin due to an incomplete glasgow smile tearing their left cheek. A heavy pistol was tucked into a holster around behind their back.

The last member was a short, somewhat plump woman with a dramatic hourglass figure and bubblegum pink hair worn in a messy ruffled pixie cut. Rather than the others' swimming gear, she wore a slightly stained yellow sun-dress over cropped jeans and work-boots. Possibly the oldest of the group in her mid 30's or so, she had the demeanor of someone who was working for the others. A rolled-up toolkit under her arm sort of confirmed it.

The awkward pause as Alex approached stopped after a second or so. The two armed ones went back to talking about popsicle flavors, Alex would be able to glean that the nekovalkyrja just really like grape the best, while the scarred one found it disgusting.

The redhead turned to the mousy one, and asked "Who's he?"
The Mousy one tapped a few commands into her datajockey, shot a weird look to Alex's face, then swept her finger across the datajockey causing a few lights to blink on in the redhead's glasses. Some sort of AR display built in to them maybe?
The Redhead just went "Oh." before returning to dictating something to the Mousy one. Something about percentages, and predicted growth.

The only one who wasn't imminently busy; Pinky gave a smile and little wave and greeted him.

"Hey kiddo."

A friendly mechanic

Approaching the group, Alex could now ascertain that there were five individuals, all women. Taking stock of his situation, Alex observed that two of the women appeared to be armed security, one with a gun and the other armed with some sort of blade.

As Alex approached within speaking distance, a slightly plump woman with bright pink hair greeted him. "Hello." Alex responded, happy to have a distraction from the many questions and doubts that were on his mind.

Akemi and the Beach Crashers

Having finished with his whimsical business chat Akemi decided it was time to have fun and explore, to meet the locals and possibly get into trouble or make a friend in an unusual way. As he wandered the beach he took in all the sights and mentally noted the nature of the water's colour being affected by widespread Algaeia. It was neat how so much of the planet's visible greenery was actually underwater instead of on land. When he saw the I'ee he was naturally intrigued by their appearance and thoroughly taken in by their childlike behaviour. Both were adorable to him. He loved the way they'd suddenly scurry on all six appendages when they felt a sense of urgency.

Eventually after checking out many other native women his eyes inevitably were drawn to the group near the ships. They were a very enticing collage of the things he liked to see in the fairer sex he used to be part of. The contrast between the Neko's fancy sword and popsicle caused a sudden urge to draw his hands up below his chin, form tight fists and wiggle his torso with satisfaction. So cute. Then there was the freckled femme fatale. He had quite a thing for plain looking bookish and shy types, especially if they turned out to be cold and contemptuous towards him. The red haired one looked good but she was one of the less interesting ones to him. At least for now. He preferred people with quirks and themes to their features. In his eyes though she was flawless she was merely generically beautiful. Being a Yamataian he was a firm believer in wabi-sabi. Then again she was tall and he liked the idea of engaging in banter with someone that could loom over him and the possibility of wooing a big girl and making her blush. As for the plump one. Ew ew ew. You had to be thin to win. Or at least Akemi might say that spontaneously to be playfully rude. If a woman had a very full figure he wanted her to be tall and powerfully built. Like the last one. The one with the Glasgow smile. If only he could see how chiseled her abs were. Too bad the hoodie blocked his view. Her arms more than sufficed though after catching a glimpse of that face. He instantly felt like he'd been shot through the heart when he saw those guns. The androgynous features only made things better. The Neko was initially a little disappointed with the legs but he imagined they could be cybernetics of some kind. The striking difference between her top and bottom could grow charming.

Having gawked at the figures of the five for a while Akemi decided on his target and had devised a sufficiently insensitive thing to say to her. Finally deciding to make his move he sauntered up to the group while whistling long and loud, his eyes fixed on the scarred one. "Damn girl you're built like a brick shit house," he exclaimed with a big, obnoxious grin. "Hows 'bout you 'n me go somewhere private and you gimme a chance to make that smile twice as wide?" Given that he only wore black shorts with a mostly concealed NSP of the same color he hoped things wouldn't get too crazy.

Last edited:
A Quick Beach Crashing:

The pink-haired mechanic put a hand on her hip, dropping her toolkit to her feet and pulling a small flask from her pants pocket. She took a little pull from it, and looked up at the sun in the sky for a second.

"You're with the new rulers' army right?" She asked Alex. "This is some sort of day off while you wait for repairs to be made, or am I wrong?"

Meanwhile, the two security over the other side of the group stopped and paused in their tracks. The muscular blonde's eyebrows got a little closer from a small frown; while the diminutive, indeed even shorter-than-Akemi Nekovalkyrja seemed to freeze in place. The popsicle in her hand slipping from her grip and dropping on the sand with a little wet 'plap'. There was a moment where they looked to one another almost in shock. The blonde pulling a hand from their pocket and clenching in a fist.

"Is he serious?" The short one asked. She had no trace of a Yamataian accent, instead speaking with the rather harsh tones of one who had been socialized around the NMX.
"...You can't tell if it's a threat, or if it's some bullshit flirting." The Blonde said. Their voice somewhat muted and slurred from having to keep one side of their mouth clenched tight to produce understandable sounds. "You want to punch him afterwards. But it really gives you the feeling those shorts'll be a lot tighter after you do."

They exchanged another look, before turning back to Akemi.

"I give it Three out of Ten." Said the Neko.
"Two. You're only getting above minimal score for not referencing your cock." The Blonde said.

Akemi and the Beach Crashers

Akemi beamed with delight, eyes gleaming and smile as wide as could be. They could easily see his enjoyment shoot up a notch with each remark. "Oh-hoho, I love it. You're probably right about that punch. I'm new here and looking to meet people while I set up a business and you guys stood out the most to me. Sorry about the popsicle. I totally would've dove for it if I wasn't so enthralled by your charms. You're both really attractive, you and freckles over there," the Neko shook his head ever so slightly in the direction of the woman with the datapad, "but especially you and your scar and your knockout figure. You're beautiful. What I said earlier was only a threat if you have trouble resisting my oozing animal magnetism. I know I do."

Last edited:
Alex is trying to ignore the cringe coming from nearby

After the mechanic finished asking her question, Alex fidgeted for a moment before answering, "Um, the funny thing about that is that, well, I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing. Heck, the only reason I'm here is because they found me floating around in space."

Errowyn listening to the ebb and flow of conversations going on around her as she semi-dozed soaking up the warm rays of the sun. If she was back on her Island, she wouldn't have to worry about tan lines. It was bad enough that the locals shied away from her, except for the males who just stood by and oogled the exposed skin and physique of her as she laid there.

She occasionally reached down and withdrew a cold bottle of water from her cooler next to her chair. She watched both the locals and those that came from off world.

Beach Crashers:

The Pink Haired woman raised her eyebrows a little, before giving a small smile and an almost imperceptible shrug.

"Shipwrecked, huh? That's pretty tough. If you need a lift back home I can ask the boss-lady. She'll probably oblige so long as you scrub a deck or somethin'."

Meanwhile over at security detail, the two just somewhat sunk into a more surly demeanor. It was quite clear that they weren't trying to be friendly by grading Akemi's remarks, and the further he went into it the thinner their patience was stretched. The short one gained a sour expression on her face, and held the sword to her narrow hip, one hand on the hilt and the other on what looked like a trigger on the scabbard. The scarred one impatiently tapped a finger against their own thigh, like someone would on a tabletop.

Apparently only one thing kept them from dealing with him quite brutally. The shorter one turned and called over to the woman with freckles.

"Lili. This fuckwad says he's here to manage a business. Get an ID for Ms. Van Banning so I know if I can gut him or not."

In turn, the Mousy woman excused herself and tottered over to the security pair. Fixing an odd stare on Akemi for a moment, before pressing a few commands into her datapad. She then looked, did a small double take, and checked something again.

"Uh... I-its getting a false match for... Some member of a nekovalkyrja pop group." Lili explained, with a tone almost like she was expecting to be shouted at for not giving a straight and accurate answer. It also seemed that there wasn't too much information on Akemi's private life floating around out there.
"So they're what? Some sort of extreme fan who got the ears and face of their idol or...?" Scarface questioned, like this was all thoroughly amusing.
The short one just gave a little grin, slipping her feet to enter some sort of fighting stance.
"Well it says they do operate a restaurant-slash-hostess club." Lili interjected, deflating the shorty's enthusiasm for violence. "Sixty Five growth index on NFI, Contract to produce rations."

The blonde pulled a small communicator from their pocket, checking some information on it.

"You're cleared to speak with the Boss. We're all working, though. If you're here to pick up women: Fuck off."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back