Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: 188604 [Star Wasp] 4: The Beach Episode

• Thread starter Thread starter Zack
  • Start date Start date
Beach

"Close..."

Uso responded, batting the ball down right towards Alex's face while he was trying to talk to the crowd.

"...Enough"

Oh no you don't!

Batting the ball back over the net, Alex continued as off nothing had happened. "See how she underhandedly goes after an opponent while they are occupied?"

Beach

Watching was certainly not as fun as he imagined. Getting to look at nice ladies had been entertaining, but some banter between Uso and the kid that nearly died out there had the smoker already starting to frown. Coming out into such a crowded scene had been an attempt to just watch some silly game and scout out the nicest looking women he could possibly hook-up with on the job... but it had turned into him genuinely growing more and more grumpy at the fact such a childish scene was unfolding. The planet had fought the NMX off, but they'd not dealt any sort of securing blow. The job was far from over! Right hand moving to recover his cigarette, he stepped through the crowd and onto Uso's side of the court as he dropped the stick down and kicked some sand over it.

And as the ball came flying back over the net, the sun was blocked on Alex's face more-so than when the behemoth known as Truffleclub joined the court. Leaping upward in a show of some grace, the sunglasses-wearing Ronin spiked the volleyball with an audible thump, sending it barreling toward the one he considered the weakest link. Not Alex, nor 8-Ball, and not even Corgi. His target was the tropical-born Aashi, Ronin's smirk betraying a truth unlike any other. This ex-soldier of Yamatai had bested many men and Neko back in the day, humanity be damned, during shore leave in some nicer parts of the sector. And he was gonna bring it to put the real pressure into the silly game!

Getting into Style

Aries looked over to Alastair. “Thanks you really are sweet. Also maybe I should change as well.” With that Aries’s clothing instantly changed to a two-piece bikini. “How does it look…Al? Is it ok if I call you that?” Aries sidled up next to Alastair with her side against his.

Getting the Hint

Ace shouted when his ball slammed into the ground. “Yea! Let’s do this!” Ace returned 8-balls high-five. “Thanks nice set for me.” Ace chuckled at the pun. “I guess it’s a start anyways.” Seeing 8-balls serve Ace smiled. “So we have more people with advanced augments. Is this the augmented team?” Hearing Alex’s remarks Ace snapped to facing him. “Alex that’s a bit of a touchy subject there was just a revolution against Uso recently tone it back a bit.” Ace began to move to intercept Ronin’s serve but stopped. “I trust that you have this ma’am hit it high for me.”

Aashi was baffled by the play at her by what looked to be an orange-centric being of muscle mass she wasn't quite expecting. She was a little busy listening to the remarks being made by her team. When she had picked the ball up from where it had landed in bounds just to the side of her, she threw it back over, far to the man that had hit it over near her.

Aashi looked at the boy that she had walked with, empathized with, and tried to talk with. She understood every facet of his pain, but that didn't justify any of this that he was doing.

"Alex, take a seat! That's the bench right there," she said loudly, extending her arm and gesturing to it as the other arm's hand went to rest on her hip. Some part of her wondered if he would try to mingle with some of the crowd.

Last edited:
Alex is Jon snow when it comes to social situations

What had he done wrong? Wasn't that what he was supposed to be doing in that situation? All of this social stuff is so confusing, Alex thought. This is why I should have just wandered around on my own.

Sitting down, Alex stared into space, wondering if there was anything he would ever be good at, wondering if he would ever manage to do things right.

Ace Can be Kind when he wants to
Seeing Alex's confusion Ace walked over to the side lines and sat next to Alex. "You look confused kid. What's wrong?" Ace held out his hands. "From the way your acting I'm going to guess a mind wipe but if that's wrong tell me."

Beach

Uso would gently kick the ball, bouncing it so she could hold it in one hand.

"Truffleclub, you want to try serving?" She asked, lifting the ball up so the giant spacer would have plenty of time to take it from her.

"As for the rest of you, how about we make this interesting? Losing team captain goes streaking?"

Ace piped up from the sidelines raising a hand. "I'd rather not have someone demean themselves if that's ok. But I'll go with it if the crowd wants it."

Truffleclub just accepted the ball with one hand, and looked at it for a prolonged pace. Some of their eyes continued focusing on the green-haired neko queen at the same time, and did not leave that mark, even when they slowly moved into action once more.

Standing next to the net, which was barely up to their thighs, it occurred to cloudy that the obvious way to win this was just to lean over, and put it on the other side of the court... But Uso's expression apparently said no, and the machine froze once more.

Hard drive noises, single hand still held out fully, ball in palm. Was it possible for a faceless robot to look worried?

THOP!~

It was like a replica of Ace's previous swing, except aimed downwards at a considerably steeper angle. Their entire upper body had jolted around in a orange-and-green blur, knocking it just to the right of Aashi's torso.

"Serve... was... good, is?"

Not perfect, but they were learning...

...And probably trying not to kill people with that mach-three punch demonstrated back at the palace, during the sandstorm...

Beach Bodies vs Beached Bodies

She dove for the ball, but it was just out of her reach and half of Aashi's exposed body met sand. She picked both herself and the ball up quickly and lobbed it over the net.

Aashi nodded to Uso determinedly and raised her fist in understanding to her leader and went in for another round of rousing the troops.

"Huddle up," she said, gesturing to her team, Alex included, "all of you!"

"I want each of us to read each other's plays and then spend all of our effort in responding. I have fallen victim to not doing this, but I won't write myself off for doing it and you shouldn't, either. We're not so far gone that we can't win this! Now, I want to see us succeed, and to do that, we'll behave appropriately for the situation and recognize that our highly augmented," she threw emphasis on the last words and looked at Alex, then said, "and capable bodies should be more than capable of crushing the competition. Let's keep it fair but make it hard for them to even think of winning, everyone! Positions!"

She readied herself by swaying her hips side to side with knees bent low, elbows on her knees and hands latched together, inside of her wrists exposed to the warm sun.

Beach

"Yeah, you're welcome to bring whomever you want... lets keep this friendly!" Uso shouted, picking up the ball and holding it up for Truffleclub.

Two nekos and the Server of the Apocalypse? Uso had this in the bag, even if her team was out-numbered. Uso was grinning confidently, watching the other team through her sunglasses as a familiar shape started moving out of the corner of her vision.

"Mind if I join your team?"

The woman in muted colors from earlier had made her way up to Aashi. Vier was human looking, grey eyes, black hair, and a body that could be considered average in many ways... except there were now four exact copies of her, dressed in a grey one piece, ready to play on Aashi's team.

Uso was quick to respond,

"CYRUS! RAPH! GET OVER HERE!"

She then shifted her focus up to their spacer friend,

"Truffleclub... serve your best."

"THE REST OF YOU!" Uso said, turning towards her team, and half towards the crowd, If Arccos wanted showboating, she was going to get the showiest boating Uso had, "WE'RE GOING TO WIN. WE WILL DEFEAT THESE OPPONENTS JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHERS WE HAVE DRIVEN BEFORE US! WE WILL BREAK THEIR CONFIDENCE. WE WILL DESTROY THEIR SELF-RESPECT. WE WILL DO THIS NOT JUST BECAUSE THEY STAND AGAINST US, NOT JUST BECAUSE WE REPRESENT EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD, BUT ALSO BECAUSE...." Uso would then quickly turn, pointing at Aashi, "WE WANT TO SEE AASHI NAKED!"

Four More and What's the Score?

"You're welcome to," Aashi said, bowing her horned head gently as she did. "Go ahead and set yourselves up at the corners of the court." Aashi had said before Uso responded with vehemence towards her team. She smiled coolly, liking what she saw in Uso.

"This will be nice," she said to her familiar nonverbally. As she did, it appeared from out of the ocean, flew close to her, and circled above the game, insect-catching streamers glinting in the lights projecting from above. "Very nice, indeed," she added when Uso's tirade was finished.

In the pseudo-sadistic blue glow, still, Aashi Nath bent lower in her squat and twisted her hips flippantly while waiting for the ball to come, waiting with trepidation to see where the ball would go.

Last edited:
Truffleclub cupped the ball just a little more eagerly this time, mapping out a dropping motion with their arms. They also made a perturbed sigh, not so eager to be the center of attention. The backhanded hammerblow that came afterwards was like time skipped a beat, the projectile now suddenly moving like a comet, before the sound of impact even reached the other's ears...

The intended target was in the back-right of the enemy court, just left of Ace's feet!

Now that she had served the ball at least once, Gut-Stripe watched the game play out with detached interest, uncertain of when/if she ought to try and step in. In addition, her instincts told her that getting in the way of a speeding ball propelled by super-strong alien bodies probably wasn't smart. For now, she simply listened to Uso's speech, no longer treating the extravagant play seriously, but still not understanding its purpose any better.

Errowyn watched her sector of the area she was in, watching the ball to see where it went. "Errowyn," She replied to Truffleclub's question. She was watching the chaos of the game unfold, ready to do her part.

Reacting instinctively, Alex leapt into the air and hit the ball with strength unbelievable for someone his age and stature. But as anyone ought to know, for every action an equal and opposite reaction must occur. In this case, said reaction caused Alex to wobble a little before falling backwards.

Corgan Just Wants To See Aashi Naked

Corgan waited for the perfect chance, and Alex gave it to him. He jumped up and hit the ball, "accidentally" sending it directly at Truffleclub and setting up a perfect shot for the robot. "Damn, I have such bad aim." He said, winking at Uso conspiratorially.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back