• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Rejected Submission T9 "Orca" Planetary Support Craft

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
As long as you guys don't go for 'Dolphin/Iruka', I'm fine with whatever. ^_^

Though I think your visual tastes go too retro, Wes. I figure this aesthetically was more the kind of gunboat you wanted:
ai.imgur.com_EMhnNOB.jpg

That would certainly work for me.

Yes, yes! Now we're talking, Osaka! It reminds me some of the Combine dropship too, which I like. To be frank, a lot of Yamatai's small craft designs like the T7 are extremely boring looking. This is scary and that's good. I'd like the forward fins to be more thin and wing-like. Consider adding a ball joint between them and the main body.The drop pod's shape doesn't really lend itself to utility though. How are we going to skin this thing?

Will do when situation's stable. Explain "skin"?: Provided the pod fits, we can fit whatever shaped pod we want really. If you want we could even have the rear telescope to accomodate longer gear. Gonna do a model based on Fred's references with the same two deck approach if you want.

I was looking for something with only one deck. Skinning means to add a texture map.

Oh, UV-unwrapping something and assigning a texture is piss easy. Actually filling in the texture is tricky but eh. Can be done -- but I don't really know what you're after.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back