• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Tachibana Yoshiko

Welcome, Nubbers.
Some stuff:
Broken link for user profile
grammar said:
Hair Color and Style: The hair Yoshiko has is a straight, light brown, and is shoulder length.
grammar said:
She often has a wide eyed, and very inquisitive appearance.
The mother's name is Hanako, which happens to be the name of one of the major characters in the setting. I suggest maybe using a different name.
Who was her father? Why was he killed by Misshu?
Skills: Communications said:
"Yoshiko is able to speak and write in English and Japanese fluently."

In this setting, Japanese is referred to as Yamataian, and English as either Trade or Nepleslian.
Overall very brief. It could use more details about her physical characteristics, personality, and history. More elaboration would also be helpful for the skills section.

A couple of other items.

Per Wes, NH-29's are not allowed out of Yamatai space. So this could be a problem depending on where the plot goes.

Due to the regenerative nature of NH-29's and Yamataians, that tatoo would have to be a genetic tatoo or it would go away.

While I'm certainly not Wes (read my username :p), I am inclined to wonder what that requirement meant. I think, which isn't necessarily correct, that it meant no Nekos can be members of nations other than the YSE.

There are precedents of Nekos in plots that aren't always in the YSE, for example Toshiro's old plot has had a few, but that could have been grandfathered in kinda since it already existed before that rule was made. Plus not all YSE plots take place within YSE space, and most YSE plots have Nekos in them.

I'd bet though, if an NH-29 joined Origin, and Origin ever left the YSE (either changed their base of operations to a new nation, or made military moves against the YSE) a body transfer to something else and the body returned would be expected. Else she, like any remaining nekos in the UOC, would be on a KOS list.

I dun know though, as I said, I'm not Wes.

Like I said, it could be a problem. Not that it was. Just wanted the person to be aware of that possibility.

Obviously NH-29's can operate outside of Yamatai space on SAoY business, or even one would propose as civilians as long as they worked for a Yamatai corporation.

Re:

Teddo said:
Welcome, Nubbers.
Some stuff:
The mother's name is Hanako, which happens to be the name of one of the major characters in the setting. I suggest maybe using a different name.

This is not a problem. People have the same names in real life all the time. In SARP, there is at least two Shizukas and Masakos at the very least, and I'm sure I could find others. There is no requirement on SARP to have a unique first name.

Just a FYI, there was never a policy in place IC to prevent Neko from leaving Yamataian space (other than the fact that pre-NH29 would be deserting to do so) per se. Prior to the dissolution of the Nepleslian Empire their was a treaty in place with Yamatai that forbade Neko from entering Nepleslian space except on official business. As of the dissolution of the Neplslian Empire that treaty is no longer in effect, so NH29 are free to go to the DIoN if they wish. They would likely see a whole lot of prejudice, but their isn't anything, legally, preventing them from doing it anymore. To my knowledge their was never a similar legal ban on them going to other nations (Lorath, Abwher, Freespacers, etc.).

According to Wes, its not a ban from those countries, its a restriction that Yamatai has placed on the NH-29's leaving the Empire and joining other factions is my understanding.

I know its mentioned in the NH-29 article that they can't leave the Empire, but I think that is a holdover from when it /was/ illegal to enter Nepleslian space (which at the time of the NH29 article was the only other nation of note). Outside of that article and the footnote on the DIoN constitution I can't find any law or such in the Yamataian pages saying NH29 can't leave Yamataian space.

As you said we'l need Wes to rule. The NH-29 page says "Please note Nekovalkyrja are only allowed to live within the Yamatai Star Empire."

But that could be a dated entry. So we need to wait until the 26th.

Kai explained to me that a 2nd generation NH-29 can be counted as a civilian of the Yamatai Empire, as this character's mother had served for the minimum three years before giving birth and leaving. I guess I should include that. :oops:

Right now, I"m studying for a math exam for summer school, and working on this during my breaks :)

I've managed to 'update' half of the profile so far (though only on word, I haven't updated it here yet), but what worries me is this 'broken link' Teddo mentioned. Kai helped me make that, and said the profile is currently 'floating around'. Personally, when I click it, it leads me to the character. If there's anything wrong with the link, I'd like to fix that if possible.

*Edit

I've updated Yoshiko's profile here. Some of the skill areas are still a little thin, but do tell me what you guys think.

CadetNewb said:
, but what worries me is this 'broken link' Teddo mentioned.

The one on the wiki page that says 'CadetNewb.' You need to make yourself a user page on the wiki for the link to...... link to. xD

Also, I'm pretty sure the Neko restriction was lifted when Nepleslia reformed, as the treaty became null, and there has been no official IC mention of it being renewed.

HOWEVER, I don't really think this serves as an issue with this character - though it is an important issue - considering she is with Origin. Origin exists within Yamatai. Its forum is even under the Yamatai section. Considering having a 2nd gen neko as a civilian in the Empire is not a precedent, I don't believe this should hold up the review process.

Well, if it does hold up the process, I guess I'd be ok with her as a Yamataian. Still, I'd rather have her this way; she's more likely to live a bit longer. :D

Oh, and I fixed the broken link. Just a single sentence really, but I'll probably add more later.

Really, there's nothing wrong with her, that I can see. Perhaps, if being NH-29 is that much of an issue, she can be transferred to a Yamataian body, which would change very little about her as a character.

The ruling came in from Wes. NH-29's can only be in the Star Army of Yamatai. So the character will have to be changed to a Yamataian.

Nashoba.

Nashoba said:
The ruling came in from Wes. NH-29's can only be in the Star Army of Yamatai. So the character will have to be changed to a Yamataian.

This has come up before...and it was confirmed that NH-29s are not required to be in the Star Army (though perhaps they are required to be in the YSE).

[Link] this is where the topic was brought up and discussed before.

Nashoba said:

Nashoba.

I believe that this is an excellent ruling. Thank you, Wes, and Nashoba for passing the word.

Though this slowed things down a bit, it was a good learning experience for me.

I edited the character profile, making sure she had transferred into a Yamataian body.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back