• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: Terraforming Ake [Terraforming Ake] P1 - Dust Bowl Children

Elijah

"Best care a pirate could hope for," Alice replied and walked up to Franklin. She regarded three men with a nasty look. It appeared to them as if she was looking at a trash or fresh pile of Don's dung. She noticed the Don the Donkey did his part as well, seeing as the two unconscious pirates a hoove shape pressed into their faces. Good boy. Massive head trauma though. The last pirate was awake. "You try something and I shoot. So don't try something, because I would have to fix it later and I hate double work."

"Franklin," she turned to older man. "Mind watching them, while I work. Those two goes first, need to see if they still have a brain or if it is all scrambled eggs."

Unfortunately for Daziel, Akemi turned around and walked straight behind him out of the ship while pelting him with telepathic messages. "Hey Daziel, I see you're a Neko. Are you part of the master race of NH-29s and older? Who the heck wants a heart? Hearts are for decorating your text messages and designing chocolate molds. I think I better warn you Sapphire might be better off bunking with me for security reasons given that she's the only normal female around here and you know how they can be. She already tried to steal from Don the Donkey, who knows what else she might do to satisfy her base urges. I'm willing to offer myself up to her to protect the rest of the crew and our livestock from any unwanted advances that could be detrimental to group cohesion and morale. I only ask that you include my generosity and professionalism in your evaluation report on my services."

After completing that mental barrage she called out to Yori using omnidirectional telepathy. "Hey Yori, wanna check out Mako's suit to see whatever the heck happened to us and if you could do anything about it? I'm still wearing mine and seeing what happens."

Last edited:
Sapphire nodded back to Daziel in reply, "your swords are with the rest of weapons in the armory."

She was glad to see Sprite's SYLPH in it's spot as she moved over to the armory aboard Sister Sara. This crew was odd to say the least, But when it came to trouble as the unwanted intrusion of pirates, they seamed to pull together in their own odd way of getting things done. She carefully dumped the weapons in a pile, along with her muddy useless weapon she had been totting around.

She wiped the sweat from her face, enjoying the coolness of the air inside the ship. She paused at a workstation and downloaded everything from the storage unit she was carrying into the Sister Sara's Memory banks for later viewing and editing.

Definitely the advances from Akemi would be transferred to another set of files. She wondered if all Nekos were like Akemi. As the info from her FATCom was being transferred, she grabbed a glass of cool water and drank it greedily. She wondered how the rest of her family was making out back on the Origin Station.

It still was a surprise to her that she was picked over her brothers to be on the first group to Ake, The Brownie. Then the stench of herself became apparent. Wrinkling her nose, debating of skipping out on heading back outside in favor a shower and change of clothes. Remembering the KS Cards she had still with her in her pocket.

She headed up through the ship to her assigned workstation and settled down, pulling out the KS Cards and laying them on the desk while powering up the console and relevant hardware she was going to be needing. This would be a very good test of her computer skills and with a very powerful computer to back her up. She felt a pang of remorse for the KS Cards imbedded security.

"Let's see whot you have to give to me...."Sapphire murmured, settling in her seat, starting with Seven Digit amount KS Card, forgetting about Akemi and the rest...

Yori was caught a bit off guard by Niel waking up, and paused a moment before she continued. Though she regained her composure the quesiton about herself tripped her up even more and she had to take time to put it into words. "Well...I worked on this suit...which I have to repair now...but I do work on gravity manipulation and power armors and suits mostly." She smiled softly at that, since it was the first time anyone ever really asked what she did.

Her calm moment was interupted however when she received a telepathic message from Akemi, this caused her to visibly wince before sending a message back "Bring the armor back and I can check the systems. But it will take some time."

After her short message she turned back to Niel "And it looks like I'm going to have some work to do soon...why can't they maintain their own equipment.."

Elijah

Niel smiled at Yori weakly. He slithered a hand out and gave hers a quick pat before saying in low tones, "Sometimes you work with people who fix their own equipment, and the first thing they do is chase you back to the lab. This way, you can work in your field and learn..."

The shipwright squinted as if the next word had to be called from a list somewhere and brought to him in a sealed envelope. A moment passed, and he'd opened the mental envelope and continued at a significantly subdued pace. "... You learn what really goes wrong in the field, I guess. But you probably know that already. You're already a marked name upstairs, to be in R 'n' D at such a young age, with just a tech-school education. You know--" Niel leaned back and closed his eyes, both resting and signifying that this was where the story got boring, "I had an Engineering degree from a fancy Raltean university and I still had to slog it in maintenance for five years before Vervaardiging moved me into Design. Even when Origin hired me, I almost ended up in maintenance management instead of development."

Niel satisfied himself to smile at this point and cross his arms over his chest. "Heh. That must've been some backpack you made. When you go fix up the stuff, I'll rest a bit and look up your work. Maybe we can get something done together when I'm feeling better."

Over on the other side of the bay, Franklin was arranging the surviving pirates onto beds under Alice's watchful eye. One of the survivors was barely a survivor. When Alice peeled the puffy eye open to shine a light into it, the undialated pupil beyond lulled at one corner unresponsive. This man was in a coma. The other one who'd been unconscious began to stir as Spencer laid him out. He'd only been blunted in the jaw with the flat Daziel's heavy zesuanium sword. Grogily, he got his bearing straight and looked around. When his eyes fell on the third pirate, he immediately scrambled to sit up before a meaty arm came across his chest and leveled him on his back. Franklin said nothing to the guy, just held him down with a severe look on his face.

"H-hey, don't leave me alone in the same room as Greg!" The restrained pirate bellowed, raising a hand to point at the calm and upright pirate who sat silently watching Alice work on his comatose friend.

APS

Daziel's face did nothing to show that he was being telepathically assaulted other than to give a brief twitch of the eye while he continued to smile politely down at Seiji. Inwardly, he was mounting a barrage of his own. Being entirely suited to speaking for long periods of time without interruption, Daziel was always ready to zip away with lengthy telepathic messages when he was responding and so responded thusly:

'First off: Yes, I am an NH-29, my dear. I have not found the lack of my formerly enjoyed heart to be any trouble whatsoever thus far, so I may have to agree with you that they're somewhat unnecessary. Secondly, while I'm highly endeared by your oddly specific generosity; I'll be glad to remind you that Sapphire is a lovely young woman who shall no doubt be a very pleasant experience for any crewmembers or livestock that she should choose to be serviced by. Therefore, if it's such a terrible burden for you to shoulder her affections for the rest of your fellows; I'd suggest you simply allow them to suffer the improvement to morale that comes from the flattery of having such a lovely young woman thrust herself upon them. In the meantime, I shall evaluate the possessions of Kind Don, our trusty remaining donkey, and see that his stipend is adequately reimbursed. If you have any other concerns about the crew, feel free to level them with me at any time and I'll be certain to see to them. '

This, all in less than a second was registered to Akemi's mind. It was certainly better than her suit's response. The suit gave Akemi a basic error message, the machine equivalent of a shrug.

Sister Sara

When Sapphire plugged the KS card into her console, it went to work almost immediately. True to its intent, the computer shredded the KS card's imbedded security and accessed its internal data quickly and efficiently. As Sapphire looked on, the readout of the card on the computer showed it's number suddenly declining as if each and every Imperial note were strung together and flushed down a toilet.

With an adorable little 'bwip' sound, the money all vanished into nothingness-- as if the KS card had been blank the whole time. Next, Sapphire felt a slight pressure on her shoulder. What she saw could've been Mako by its size, but not by its appearance. The thing was a little cartoon witch, an aparition projected by the ship's volumetric projector. This creature stood with a hand on its hip and winked in such a forceful manner that it's perfect little conical hat tilted. Curls of blondish-brown hair bounced as the tiny pixie adjusted its hat before speaking: "You're not my master~"

It seemed almost to sing its dialogue.

"Where is this?" It asked, looking around the interior of the Sister Sara with wide red eyes. "Looks crummy."

-----

ISC Haunted House

Buried beneath a mountain in the distant north, a woman who was dressed just like Sapphire's new friend was walking the corridors of her own ship. Her equally conical hat and eerie metal-with-red-LEDs eyes formed a horizon of cheery concentration as she stopped at different consoles along the hallway and tinkered with a setting here or there. Finally, she chose one of the doors and entered it.

Inside, Jane was shaving her unwanted facial hair. The Kaserine junkie turned briefly to acknowledge the presumed sorceress before refocusing her efforts upon the pink-handled razor in between thumb and forefinger. After all, even when you're a chemically altered freak with thighs the size and density of small tree-trunks, you might still want to look pretty.

"Repairs are going well." Said the sorceress, taking a seat on Jane's bed.

"Well, we won't have to worry about that overpopulation of Boys anymore. We're down to our normal seventeen again." Replied Jane, rubbing at her lip in the reflection of a glass cube which contained a preserved Kodian ear. "They got Greg a little early, though. I wonder if they got his KS card?"

"Hoho, worried, are we?" Commented the witch, running a clawed and metallic hand over the texture of the blankets. "Let's not get too hasty with our plans. Clearly, we underestimated our prey. Didn't expect ole' Loverboy to be there, either. Fun, fun, fun."

Jane sighed. She'd spent the better part of her afternoon beating the tar out of Daziel, but on the inside she wasn't really sure if she hated him or not. She didn't even want to think about during this, her moment of cathartic shaving and ear preservation relax-time. She pulled a certain Elysian ear whose partner was in Alice's possession below from a jar of vinegar and held it over a cubic mold while she bagan to pour resin with a soft, "Sylvie. Can't we just..."

The wicked woman of the west corridor seemed to pick up on this, because she interrupted Jane by picking up basically where she left off. "Don't sweat over it, CJ. We will just have to divide and conquer."

"Wow, that was super cool. You really know how to telepathy man. What were you before you were a Neko? You weren't an Elysian were you? Daziel sounds kind of Elysian to me. By the way, Sapphire said a KS card I found on one of the pirates had a seven figure number. I bet it's probably a points card or the money 's in some garbage currency like DA so in real Yamataian credits it's only worth like 5KS. Just thought I'd tell you in advance as it's kinda interesting. Anyway, taking care of her really wouldn't be any trouble. Anyanyway, would you perhaps be interested in investing in a restaurant chain business idea I recently came up with? I'm thinking I'd call the franchise Neko Burger."

Finished mentally pewpewing her boss back, Akemi flew over to Seiji and placed her head just above his shoulder to scan for whatever he had been looking at. "Bam! Mew mew super vision!" she declared enthusiastically as she spotted the bespectacled researcher's scanner in the distance. "I'll fly off and go get that," the tiny elfin soldier declared as she did just that, "I'm always super helpful."

While making her way over to the ridge and for a moment while she stood upon it, Akemi carefully examined the features of the landscape both near and far looking for anything worth naming like a rock formation that could somehow be imagined as resembling a lewd act. At the same time she began composing a message for her bestest bud Miria whom she had happily served with during her time in Task Force Lantern. This message she telepathically beamed to Elijah to be sent off with a brief turn of her head and an attached warning not to peak at it or else the ship and its friends would most certainly be sent to ship prison and the experience would be hellish, so hellish they wouldn't last a nanosecond.

Hey Miria, how's it going? I figured I'd message you as we just got this new thing called Love Day and I've thought a lot about you since we went our separate ways. I figured I ought to tell you you're simply really swell, easygoing, friendly, cute, lively and fun to be around. You're everything one could ask for in a friend or a lover and I wanted you to know you'll always be super cool in my book. Since you're such a big fan of my music and you're such a pal, would you like to get e-married? Y'know, on the books officially at least. We could also have some kind of ceremony if you wanted of course. Naturally it wouldn't stop either of us from getting hitched with anyone else since we can have unions of more than two people. I know that's not the most romantic thing to say but then you know I'm hardly the most romantic person. Of course we could always spend some time thoroughly consummating the union if that'd put you in a more agreeable mood. Message me whenever you want. I'd always like to hear from you.

Last edited:
Elijah

Alice worked on the man in coma who was quite in a bad shape. She was in bad mood because of the wet cloth that clinged to her skin. Nasty business that. It was all too much annoying. Getting attacked hours after arrival, beating the pirates, crawling through shitwater, then having to carry Niels, then saving these bedguys. All these bandits deserved to die, but Alice just could not let that happen. She was ex-peacekeeper. Peacekeepers did not kill unless they had to. Now she is a doctor and doctors are kind of against killing as well. Not to mention against letting people to their death. The man in coma might die anyway even with Alice doing her best, but that did not mean she would give up on him without giving her best.

"Cute," she said to the pirate that woke. "You actually think you guys will ever be left alone. Although unless you tell me what is the problem with this here mr Greg, I just might have to take Franklin and go for a walk."

Sister Sara

"Where is this?" It asked, looking around the interior of the Sister Sara with wide red eyes. "Looks crummy."

Sapphire froze for a second or two. Then glanced at the source of the voice, seeing the volumetric projection. It dawned on her that the numbers on KS Card was a binary code; broken down to look like a very busy credit/debit card with an access to a lot of money; to uplink with another AI computer system, once the card's security had been breeched. Then the scanned binary code would automatically tie itself together, Blammo!, to form an instant uplink with whomever the true card manufacture.

"Va-very observant," Sapphire hand shot out quickly and hit the eject button to have the card reader spit the KS Card out, while her foot kicked the alarm button, that Sister Sara's computer/radio security had been compromised. Alarm lights flashed elsewhere, but not in the work station area where Sapphire with 'guest' was at. "Iy-it's home."

~~Oh shit!. I'm in big trouble!~~ Thought shot through her mind. Wishing she had and was using a computer system independent of the ship's tied in system. "You're part of the crew that attacked us?" Guessing, probably was obvious to the both of them...

Elijah Infirmary

Yori listened as Niel spoke and groaned a little, she understood what he was saying about fieldwork was right, but that didn't mean she enjoyed it. The conversation quickly turned to one about her once again but this time she was blushing. Niel knew quite a bit about her background and it made her feel almost like she was naked in front of him. "It's just that Origin didn't have much staff in power armor development, so when they saw the design they pulled me in fast. I don't think I made anything that special..."

APS

Seiji's concentration was broken by Daziel's interjection. He looked at his boss a moment. Two slow blinks, followed by the realization that he must, in fact, return from where his mind was sciencing to the reality around him.
“I… cleanup? No. There are more important things… I left my scanner up at the ridge line.” He turned toward the offending piece of terrain and gestured to it. “I am trying to decide if it’s worth the trip to get it, or wait till we are all… a bit more settled. I mean, we really don’t know how many of them are out there.” The last thing Seiji wanted at this point was to be caught alone with these murderers and donkey thieves.

Elijah
"Ah, he's just hurting because it's my job to kill my fellow prisoners." Admitted the most cognizant pirate, the one called Greg. He was markedly older than the other two men, scarred up yet otherwise plain looking. He kept his hair shaved short, and it was now that he scratched at his scalp with a bashful look. "Y'see, I get captured an awful lot; like anyone in our business. The whole thing is a pain in the ass, but I always get out unscratched. If I kill the other prisoners, then I get their cut of the take at the end of the day. Keeps people from tattling, I guess, and it keeps people from getting caught, too."

"That's just about the dumbest shit I ever heard." Said Franklin, furrowing his brow over having just heard the dumbest shit he'd ever heard.

Nearby, Niel opened his eyes peeked around Yori for a moment before settling back in and refocusing on her voice. As much as some lonely middle-aged guy like him might like for her to be naked in front of him, she still had some shred of decency left. Niel illustrated this by letting her know, "Well, I didn't take too close a look at the design, so the whole thing might be shit for all I know. When they first assigned you, I thought they were trying to use you to keep tabs on me, make sure I didn't get senile or anything. So I didn't really look at your work, just your history. But, hey--"

And just like if she were naked in front of him, he was willing to get naked as well. "If you ever want to forward me anything you're working on, I'd love to look it over and make suggestions or ask questions. I know how cruel the approval board can be."

APS
"I think Miss Koga is retrieving the scanner." Daziel said matter-of-factly, pointing a hand to Akemi's fading form on the horizon. "I wouldn't worry about that, anyhow. We've got a bakers' dozen of the blasted things sitting scattered around, and Sapphire's device captured all of the data from your scanner. Walk and talk with me, my friend."

At this, Daziel turned on a heel and began to walk towards the Joacim with broad steps. Without checking to see if Seiji was following, he added, "Do be a lad and tell me what's on your mind. These 'important things' your well-learned mind is no doubt concocting."

Akemi's Fortress of Brownietude
As Akemi settled onto the brownie once more to scope out her surroundings, she recieved a note from Sister Sara, letting her know that the message she'd written had been encrypted and sent over public communications channels. In the distance, there were many plain looking mountains. The only one Akemi could even make look remotely filthy in her mind's eye was one to the south that looked somewhat like a nude woman lying on her side, propped up on an elbow. Well, it at least looked a little like that. It certainly had the silhouette of it from the North.

While Akemi sized up this rock face, she recieved another message, this one from Daziel.

'I was a Nepleslian, to answer your first question. My family comes from Delsauria, though we moved to Funky City when I was still young. I'm told that 'Daziel' is an Elven name. I don't know any elves, you see, so it's awfully hard to confirm that. As it were, please forward me your business model and a series of stock options at your convenience and I'll browse them in my free time. Savings accounts accrue at a lesser rate than inflation, so I'm always looking to invest.'

It was within the nanosecond that Akemi was recieving the word 'invest' that she saw it. The motherlode of lewd rock formations was spread before her just a few kilometers to the west. It was a vast, deep scar in the land that lay between two peaks. Rainstorms had eroded whatever meteor impact had caused this imperfection and smoothed out the edges so much so that they represented a pair of lips, and not the kind one might find on a mouth. It seemed to sing to her, begging her to take a closer look. To top it all off, a single towering batholith escaped from the narrowest end of the gash. It was, for the perverted pop singer, majestic. If Akemi's bucket list included the task of making love to an entire planet, this would've been her moment.

If not, it was at least a pretty cool giant rock vagina.

Sister Sara
Whatever noise and fury Sapphire had been hoping to get was significantly muted to the rest of the ship. The 'alarm' she'd triggered amounted to a flashing red light and a single small noise that rang out from every workstation aboard the repurposed cargo carrier. The only other person who'd be able to take note of the intrusion was Mako, who from her position in the armory would hear the tiny voice of the floating sprite more loudly than she would the alert sound. The little witch crossed her arms and watched Sapphire squirm with a sideways face.

"Attack? I don't know anything about that. Sounds like somebody else." Said the adorable thing. "I'm Sylph. My master and her four friends use me to help them fix broken things. I'm just a helpful assistant program."

This spritely sorceress extended a hand to her right, and a ray of white light formed in the shape of a tear drop, with tiny cubic pixels shaving off of it as it shrank and turned brown before becoming a tiny broom with an audible 'puff' noise. Next, the sprite mounted this broom and puttered around the room in a wide arc before flying down next to Sapphire and planting herself on the edge of the young October's desk with her legs kicking beneath her.

"Y'know, I could help you fix up this crummy little 'home' you've got, too. Well..." The creature tilted her head and rubbed her chin with a look of firm concentration. "I'll help you until my master shows up, anyway. But if she needs me for something, I gotta go."

Several Lightyears away, the YSS Usa, taking a shipment of Type 35 Duty Uniform Pants to Leo Station

The YSS Usa was a Star Army cargo vessel operating in the Yugumo Cluter. For days, she'd been cruising with her full load of uniform pants, blazing a trail of fire between the Star Army supply center and the remote star fortress she called come. The bridge of this starcraft was like any other, a white spread of stations with a tall-backed captain's chair in the middle. Seated in this mighty chair was a tall, caramel-colored Neko proudly wearing an orange-paneled duty uniform. Beneath an adorable peaked cap and a spiky mane of pink hair was a pair of wide blue eyes that examined the space beyond with infinite innocent curiosity. Beneath those, a slender tongue was working the mean streets of Icecreamville, riding down pistachio street with an intent to eat a cherry.

Miria held the cone daintily in one hand and typed with another, licking away at the frozen confection while she crunched some numbers. Suddenly, a Nito-hei turned in his chair and approached her.

"Juni, an encrypted message for you." Said the other Neko, giving Miria a little bow.

The pink-haired captain looked back with excited eyes and said, "Oh, great! Looks like we're getting redirected again~"

"Ah... No, Juni, it's come in over SYNC; not PANTHEON."

Miria straightened in her chair. "A letter, for me!? Super! Here, you can finish this."

Without waiting for an answer, Miria pressed the ice-cream cone into her communications specialist's hand and began hammering away on her console with both hands. Immediately, Akemi's letter popped up.

"It's from Aki-chan~ Lucky me, getting fan-mail from a pop-singer." Miria remarked, already working on her response.

The communications specialist just sat there quietly, nervously testing her new ice cream cone with the tip of her tongue. Eventually, Miria noticed this and turned her eyes to look at the girl from under the visor of her cap. "Oh, and Yan-yan. Don't tell anybody how excited I got, they might lose respect for me."

The other neko's face flattened a bit, and she intoned bitterly, "Your secret is safe with me, Juni."

Armory

Mako was busy with an important task. She floated about her SYLPH, while it underwent diagnostics. She had a tiny bottle of paint and a brush in hand and was painting kill marks on the right shoulder plate of the small power armor, one for every bad guy she had taken out. One had to keep score!

That was when she heard the unfamiliar voice and then the alarm. She frowned and quickly grabbed both of her partially recharged mini NSP's and quickly zipped off to the voice's source.

Sister Sara : Workstation

Sapphire watched, even with the now blank KS card laying on the workstation table, Sylph with tepidition. Her hands flew across the keyboard, "I like it just fine. It aint mine as it belongs to Origin Industry's Terra-forming Division. Whose your master?" glancing at Sylph, trying to isolate 'Sylph's' Program matrix.

She took note of the sudden up-powering of the deep space transmitter, then a quick burst transmission, before powering down to stand-by mode. Reaching out and sliding her wheeled chair to the right a bit. Placing herself before the radio console and system. She cut the receiver, hopefully that the other two ships automatically will pick up and store any incoming transmission. Hoping to cut 'Sylph's' connection from where ever she came from. Either to trap her onboard or kill the invasive program from the now dead KS card.

Turning her attention back to 'Sylph' as she scooted back before her console to resume her efforts in isolating "Sylph'.

"Um, gosh, wow are you people paranoid." Sylph exclaimed, looking between the tiny Neko and Sapphire. With a sigh, she stood up and walked over to Sapphire's workstation. The itty-bitty witch tilted to one side to glimpse Sapphire's screen. When she saw what the former rancher was doing she gasped, "Hey! Don't try to isolate me! That's not nice at all. Besides, I'm installed in the AI layer, next to the ship's central intelligence. You're in the application layer. What do you think I am, a virus or something!?"

Sylphie pouted and crossed her arms, looking cute and indignant as she chanted, "I'm a much more sophisticated lady than that."

Though Akemi saw the significance of the geological formations she wasn't all that impressed. She was much more interested in finding ones that looked like two or more people doing the deed. Still, she could at least call the crater Sapphire's Valley so she flew up to take an aerial picture of it before heading back to base. During her return flight she began to come up with an open message to send across SYNC and InterNep and one to the ever so charismatic Enzo of the ISC Phoenix specifically. Her messages were simple summaries of her business idea and a request for help in setting it up either for free or interest in mutual profit. To save time she'd shoot the general message at Daziel.

"Where's Sapphire and what's she doing at the moment?" Akemi asked Sister Sara as she gave it her data. "Tell her I'm ready to take that bath whenever she is and show her these pictures of Sapphire's Valley. Tell her we oughta go there sometime to check out that peak."

The raven haired Neko flew over to Seiji to silently offer him his scanner. Once she was at his side she told her suit to scan the heck out of itself and reboot.

A moment later she spoke to Sister Sarah again, "Oh yeah, send everyone my Neko Burger thing."

To Enzo:
I'm sending you this message because you seem like the shrewdest of businessman in your group. Whatdya think? It's got tons of sex appeal and it's all about making money and breaking into new markets. I imagine you've got some pals you could pass this to whether or not you're interested. Maybe you'd be kind of enough to try to sell this to your crew. I'd really appreciate that. Besides, don't you want to help some criminals and Mishhu turn over a new leaf and get a clean slate through legitimate business?"

Last edited:
Sapphire looked at 'Sylph'. "You're not part of the original shipboard software when we landed here. How would you like it if an invasive AI program set up residence in your software?"

Just as she was getting ready to alter a few AI application to render Sylph helpless but kept her active through limited control of the volumetric projectors and audio pick-ups.

Glancing at the Sister Sara's Transmitter and Receiver lights flickering as it rerouted the incoming messages from Akemi to the other two ships to be stored indiscriminately along with the rest till farther instructions or clearance to be transmitted off planet to their destination.

Sapphire fingers flew across the keyboard, and mouse work to bring up the proper area she needed to be in. Finding 'Sylph's' programming, moved it farther away from the core AI of Sister Sara and isolating it with a few external hardware such as the volumetric projection and audio pick-ups to communicate with them. "Well, sophisticated lady, you're lucky that I'm curious to take a good look at your programming instead of just deleting it. Besides Daziel may want to take a look at you."

Sapphire smiled at the response and at seeing the tiny Sprite or Mini-Neko, Mako. "Glad you're still with us, Sprite." Letting some warmth into her voice to let Mako know she cared about her welfare to tag her with a nickname from her.

Mako eyed the volumetric witch with some suspicion and slowly holstered her two mini NSP's. She glanced at Sapphire as the big person spoke to her and her eyebrow twitched at being called a sprite.

"I'm not a sprite y'know" she replied and crossed her arms as she floated over to Sylph, then poked at her with a tiny fingertip a few times to see what sort of reaction she would get. "This here is a sprite" she added with another small poke.

It was at times like this that Seiji appreciated a bit of direction. It spoke of order; it spoke of getting things on track. Perhaps, maybe, he would be able to do the job he was here for.

There was a moment’s hesitation before he spoke up. “The scanner isn’t important; it’s the data. If it was successfully backed up… Well, then we don’t really need it again.” A few quick steps allowed Seiji to catch up to Daziel. “It explains everything that’s going on here. Well, I think so. If I’m right, they are going to be back and keep coming back. Also, I think we have to start considering the fact that maybe not all of the last crew, err… died. Burying the evidence.” He muttered the last bit to himself, shivering at the idea of being labeled as evidence to be buried. “Guess it doesn’t help that you know her. She didn’t seem to like you much.” The last part wasn’t thrown out as an insult or challenge. Just an after note.

Elijah

"I wouldn't know anything about going senile even if I was here for that. Only thing I know is machines...that's why they sent me out here, they don't think I'm getting enough time out doors." She grumbled a bit after saying that, bringing back some memories of her reassignment she'd rather not remember. "My boss is acting like he's my father or something, saying I should talk to peopel more, and get more fresh air, and not spend all day in the lab."

Elijah

"How about you all shut your traps," Alice said as she worked on the man in the coma. His status was bad, the hid to his head cause some internal hemorrhage. Or maybe some other brain thing that would cause medical coma and doctor would have to do something about that and since Alice was a doctor she was doing something about it and whatever it was it was really proffesional and took all her attention. "Franklin can you set up fields so mr. Greg cannot kill my patients before I get my hands on them? That would be nice."

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…