• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC The Fringe - Discussion

@NightWolfe - I have to admit that I'm somewhat curious as to how Vel managed to procure such high-tech military-grade schematics as well. If you can provide a good IC reason, whether in the RP or via PM to me, I'll allow it, but it does seem like getting one's hands on such sensitive information would be difficult and require a fair amount of resources, or at least a good contact network.
Agreed.

You might want to put that they are classified info on their wiki pages I read all through them multiple times and never seen that. I did read how the daisy took the place of the Mindy (which was mass produced and very common according to the wiki page) and that the daisy was now taking a more ground focused role and are also mass produced which to me says that they would have an even greater chance of being broadcasted via new network/internet ect.

Just because something is mass produced it doesn't mean that the means and know-how to produce it are as common. Take, for example, World War 2, where the allies went to lengths on how to capture some of the German equipment -such as the Tiger tank- to know how best to defeat it.

Needless to say, any military equipment's blueprint would be highly classified.

I also never said that he had any of that. I simply said there were files with their names. Pictures and perhaps video footage from different places they were in combat would have been the best he would have had along with his own personal notes of how he suspected they work based on his own expertise with mechs and power armors. (As he was trained to do all types of maintenance and repair on Iroma power armors)

That would have made some more sense, but the overall consensus seems to be that the presence of schematics was implied. Perhaps in the future you can clarify those kinds of things a little bit better, whether in the RP or in the OOC thread. If you prefer to keep something vague for a (logical) reason, you can send me a PM with the details, and merely note on the OOC thread that you are in discussion with the GM about it so that no one else gets confused.

Understand that we're not coming down on you, we merely want to be sure that this RP maintains a level of internal and external consistency with the rest of the SARP universe as a whole. :)

Players, as information, I plan to begin a new thread within the next week or two where the ship will go to investigate the derelict mining ship in Vel's intel with the hopes of profiting from the salvage. Since it seems that the current thread has reached its climax, let's try to work towards winding this chapter down so we can move on. Unless, of course, anyone objects and wishes to further develop the current story arc before moving forward.

Not sure why you're feeling stupid. I'm sure you have your reasons :p

as for the Bot I was meaning the Spiderbot that Crash lives in.

right now, and our Boss Lady can correct me, but I think you, Gunny and Riko are the most active players right now, and the story sits on the three of yours shoulders.

I'm waiting for riko to notice that I changed my post and change his in response so that I can reply to him and gunny still hasn't replied... I guess my logic was undeniable. :p

Well, you could always PM him, tag him here on the OOC thread, or try to catch him in the IRC rather than sit idly by and wait for him to notice you changed something on his own... ;)

I would just like to remind everyone that

Players are expected to post every two days at minimum. Players who go longer than this without posting will be sent a reminder to post immediately to keep the plot moving and avoid forcing the rest of the group to sit idle. If the player goes a day or more longer than this without posting, the offending player's character may be NPCed by the GM as necessary. If the character's player is absent for an excessive length of time without explanation, the character may be disposed of to open a vacancy for another interested player, according to SARP rules.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back