• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

OOC The New CO-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't seem to understand - our players are agreeing with us and are leaving Nepleslia as well.

I notice you said not to create beef with other players, Wes, and I want to note that nobody created beef with me. Personally, I have nothing bad to say about any of those that tried to usurp Gunhand and myself. I think all of you are great for the site and great players in your own right. I don't take offense to the comments made against me, as they came from a place of love for the site.

What I urge you to reconsider is the idea that a small facet of the site is changing and so you plan to leave, instead. If I don't get my way irl or here, I don't cause a major disservice to those around me in a move to hurt them. Please don't do that, now. Nobody will fault you for going back on your promises when they were non-beneficial promises to begin with.

Thank you, Wes, by the way, for the votes of confidence in me. I know I have a lot of roles on the site, but I don't doubt that I can fulfill them in ways that will help the site!

It's not so much 'my way or the high way', but more the fact that we've more or less witnessed a lot of incompetence in regards to command. I'm not saying it to insult, but simply as a statement of fact. You guys are new, you're blind to the politics, and you're stepping on both landmines and toes without any awareness. It's not your fault, but it is how it is, which is something we can't stand. That's why this has happened, and frankly, I don't think there is any going back. We've all agreed.

I think the people have spoken. Plots are closing. The Interregnum is and I know Scythe will at the very least. Given Cadets Comments, so is Sledge Mama. Our players are generally unanimous. This is not just the GM's, this is the players too. Just none of them got the chance to speak before the thread was shut down. Wes is siding with the FM, he has that right. We are voting with our feet. This is over.

To add to what Cadet is saying, it doesn't help that none of you listen either. We tried talking this out, and it was either fingers in the ears "LALALALA I don't wanna hear it" or over zealous obnoxious attacks. Frankly we don't like it.

Your only option was Cadet or no Co-FM. There was no negotiations.

On the other hand, we had prepared and were getting ready to pitch you guys an out option. We took that much time to make sure you had little to no disruption ICly and OOCly. But, instead, you guys saw fit to start this politics war on a site that's meant to be about story creation and fun. You guys made up a slight majority, but Nepleslia can survive.

The Iroma had just their FM for quite a while and now it's the third/fourth largest faction player-wise. If you're leaving, go. Stop trying to play yourselves as the victims, as many of you burned bridges with people who DID trust and think some of you were friends. All this riot of yours did was explode, force your plots to close (or, at least, as Cadet implied you all think is the case), and make a lot of people uncertain about the trust they have in other members.

If you're going to do it, do it and be done with it. No need for suspense or drawn out arguments.

If your players are in agreement, that's a boon toward a clean break. Hopefully they're ready to find another place on the site.

It was certainly a consensus. This was something that was actually heavily discussed this morning over around ~6 hours, and we made a sincere effort to reach out to our players and get their opinions. We have expressed our concerns to Gunhand privately, and as you say, it's his faction, his fight.

To an extent, this situation arose because it seems as though there weren't any recourse for it. Gunhand is the FM, Ametheliana is his Co-FM, and you have declared open and official support for them, so rude or not, this seems to have been our only option. This, unfortunately, means that we're going to be leaving the umbrella of Nepleslia. As far as I can see, Legix is the only person who objects to this course of action, and you've read what he has to say and watched his cute little video too, I suppose.

As to my personal decision, it's the result of my hiatus going poorly. Several issues arising from the NTSE forum, and the general stress of Nepleslia that resulted from it, told me that I had too many dogs in this fight and that my blood pressure was growing too high. So I tried to stay away, but news just kept coming to me of the situation worsening. The bottom line is that I don't get along with the people in this faction, not with Gunhand, not with Legix. As far as the accusations that Cadet and I and the rest of them are a clique trying to take over, well, yeah, obviously. We've been kind of put into this corner. I feel that we're being singled out for being "old" on the website, by a series of new players who have been hearing bad things about us and who are trying to do a good old fashion Trumpian "Drain the swamp" on us through the main chat and via other private avenues. I look at the submissions in the NTSE, and I can't help but feel that much of the difficulty that some of us are running into there, and here, is the result of a dedicated effort - so mocking us for mounting a counter effort is somewhat hollow. If you want a good example, just go read over his post again - this is the sort of person that I see coming to prominence in Nepleslia. What a joke.

I very nearly shut the doors on Scythe and Junpu quietly, and just bowed out from GMing altogether, but last night I heard the appointment of the new FM and decided that there wasn't anything to be lost by digging in my heels, instead, especially after learning that there was support for this course of action. I don't feel like having to argue for either of my plots' places on this website, as it takes away my energy from actually writing plots. I don't feel like arguing, at all. But when expressing concerns, I find that although those concerns are being listened to, they're not acted upon, not respected, and not valued. Gunhand has chosen a personal friend he trusts over people that I assume someone said wanted his job - and you know what? That's not how you build trust, so we decided we wanted him gone. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I joined Nepleslia, originally, to bolster it and help it grow. So, when providing advice, and warnings, I expected to be listened to and respected. Instead, I was told that I'm full of poison, baited on the site chatroom - I'm a sucker for being baited, as no doubt there are several logs worth now - and told that I'm just trying to seize control and hold players hostage and etc. They're not being held hostage; this is voluntary. We've tried to be heard, tried to affect Nepleslia, tried to ask, as insiders, for the authority to have some control over the faction, and we've not been respected. Legix is quick to beat the drum of "you think you deserve something just because you've been here a long time", but he's making that argument as someone so young in the site that he has no actual clue about half of the stuff he's talking about. You only need to look at the amount of writing in Scythe, Sledge, and Interregnum to see that yes, we've been trying - and yes, the site also has its ups and downs. If Legix could get his plot out of the Open RP forum, and have it for a little while longer, I think he'd notice that sometimes plots have up and down periods of activity.

In either case, I wish Nepleslia as well as I can.

@Wes, I officially request that Scythe be moved to the Independent Roleplaying Forum pending the setting element's resubmission.

It's not so much 'my way or the high way', but more the fact that we've more or less witnessed a lot of incompetence in regards to command.
Can you provide any concrete, specific examples?

I think the people have spoken. Plots are closing. The Interregnum is and I know Scythe will at the very least. Given Cadets Comments, so is Sledge Mama.
The first two have only started recently and Sledge Mama is said to be on hold because Cadet has exams to pass. I am incredulous that the underlying reasons for plots closing is actually and primarily related to the topic at hand. In other words I kind of get the impression these plots were going to close/reboot anyway and that their closure was being linked to this to make the protest seem larger.

I officially request that Scythe be moved to the Independent Roleplaying Forum pending the setting element's resubmission.
If your plot is already canon, I don't think the concept of it should jarringly change OOCly, but if you have them go independent in the RP, that sounds like a much better solution that just closing the plot. I think all you'll have to do is steer the storyline as a GM and you'll be able make a smooth change into an indie plot. When that happens, I'll gladly change the forum's location.

I am taking the plot out of Nepleslia, immediately, and whatever needs to be done to do that should be done promptly.

Short edit, quickly: I can easily write them one direction or another direction, but I wish to formally retire as a Nepleslian GM, and I can easily write this transition in the indie forum instead. I do not wish Scythe listed under Nepleslia. Even Gunhand has pointed out it's a third party.

The first two have only started recently and Sledge Mama is said to be on hold because Cadet has exams to pass. I am incredulous that the underlying reasons for plots closing is actually and primarily related to the topic at hand. In other words I kind of get the impression these plots were going to close/reboot anyway and that their closure was being linked to this to make the protest seem larger.

Though Scythe and Interregnum have only started recently, they were definitely active, especially in regards to JPs. If you wish to state that any was at risk of closing, you can say that of Sledge Mama due to my hiatus, but not the other two.

Reactions: Wes

The speed in which Scythe and Interregnum have been moving is not because they were being rebooted or closed. I don't believe anyone involved with these two plots have made any assumption or suggestion to the idea. Interregnum has been functioning without any FM help despite our GM asking, aside from the very beginning when the Interregnum initially brought it's vekimen crew on board. We have received 0 responses from our FM. This can also be an example of "incompetence" if you so wish @Wes. Basically, while the plot main story does not move forward as fast as some plots, we do plenty of Roleplay in the setting itself, with plenty of stories at the ready to utilise.

To make this break clean, we would like permission from @Gunhand4171 to allow the Interregnum to defect from Nepleslia. We thankfully have a situation in the Interregnum that would allow us to carry on and move into independent. We ask that he let us take the Interregnum with us, as that would make this an easier situation to deal with, and we essentially become pirates. Please allow us to have this.

In other words I kind of get the impression these plots were going to close/reboot anyway and that their closure was being linked to this to make the protest seem larger.

I certainly wasn't planning on closing or rebooting the Interregnum. My intentions last night when I said I could work with this was based on the presumtion that we'd at least get a fair hearing on why Ame was picked over the slate of possible CO-FMs that was suggested were good picks. (See below quote)

He has a bevy of smart, creative, driven people who want to do their bit and help. While the names in the list bring different ideas and viewpoints, each cares.

That is the most important part.

My vote is public, but let the record show that I'd pick just about anyone from that solid list as a co-FM.

In other words, picking a favorite after closing the last thread because of another favorite's mudslinging isn't the kind of leadership that I want to be under. I'm still willing to RP with anyone that has disagreed with me, (yes, I'll unblock Legix once this thing calms down) but I stand by the other GMs in saying that I'm not going to work under this current Nepleslain administration.

I agree with what my CO-GM, @Edto Xar'Sivaree, has previously stated and likewise request the Interregnum's subforum to be moved to the Independent RP section of the site until we can figure out what we're even going to call the new faction or whatever we're going to eventually. (Some pre-planned attack this was.)

I'm sorry that we couldn't work this out guys, but I hope that you guys can find a way to still find SARP fun and enjoyable.

In regards to your request Edto, you crew can leave from Nepleslia scott free, but you wouldn't be able to take the Interregnum And Other tech with you. You wouldn't be able to steal a warship and special IPG toys and not be hunted down. If you just straight up left then the IPG would just let you go.

Ok, the H-Ray will be destroyed in the escape or whatever. This includes the Raider PA?

Yes, this includes the PA, best bet would be to get to an escape pod.

No special techs either, just a clean slate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back