Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

The Summer of SARP

Hey Star Army!

We've been running continuously for over 20 years now and I want to celebrate that and help you all have a wonderful summer here as part of this great community. So I'm doing a special event this summer, all summer long, to make sure there's always great things happening.

20230510_111141.png

Here's what to expect in the Summer of SARP:
  • Community JP nights on some Thursdays
    • Kikyo no Sekku
    • Ocean Day
  • Movie Nights on most Fridays (sometimes Saturdays)
    • Space Adventure Cobra was last weekend
    • Codename Robotech this weekend Saturday May 13
    • Space Battleship Yamato 1977 on Fri May 19
    • Lensman
    • other scifi anime goodness to come.
    • Check Discord for event schedule and signups
  • Some celebrity videos about Star Army's 20th anniversary
    • Ryan MacBeth (Youtuber)
    • more surprise people to come
  • Reduced rules and paperwork on the site overall
  • Brainstorming Sessions to build new plots and new lore
  • Star Army will host the SciWorld online roleplaying convention in June (announcement later)
  • Contests and prizes
Thanks for being part of Star Army! Stay active and help out where you can!

Last edited:
I am definitely looking forward to this, though I get the feeling that my mountains of work I've made for myself with the 15 year revamp of Origin may take the entire summer before I'll get a chance to working on my badguys.

HEADS UP: RANDOM SUMMER OF SARP GIVEAWAY

41hqy75fLdL.jpg

Get a free Kindle copy of Len Berry's novel Scars of Shadow! He's a Star Army member! (@Nightender)

There's 10 copies available! Amazon says this is limited to our USA members.

To get your copy, send me a forum PM or DM me on Discord and I'll send you a redemption code and instructions.

Another giveaway!

91URkalvWBL._SX600_.jpg

I've purchased and have 5 copies available of The Light in Front of Me, another novel by a SARP alumni, @Aria.

Amazon says this is limited to our USA members.

To get your copy, send me a forum PM or DM me on Discord and I'll send you a redemption code and instructions.

Alright, our next celebrity thank you is revealed! Jeri Ryan!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back