• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Interest Check The Whole Fury - Star Army Survival?

HotelKilo

Inactive Member
Star Army navigational and engineering textbooks warn officers about the dangers of "virtual collisions" in hyperspace travel. While the danger to a vessel in transit should be mild to moderate, when operating in frontier regions there's always a distinct chance there's something there that isn't on star charts. It doesn't necessarily have to be big... To effect a starship however, odds are it is.

Unfortunately, something has happened to the "Super Eikan" YSS Yūgiri on a long-range jump with her task force related to the ongoing Kuvexian War. The cruiser has hit a sudden and violent bump in the road. What exactly has happened is still a mystery to most of the crew. It isn't good, though, and the Yūgiri or her crew might not survive.

Okay, salient points to go with the short narrative description
  • Survival, not survival horror, not really. No monsters or aliens or anything. Probably.
  • Characters will be survivors of the initial accident. This doesn't ensure future survival.
  • The plot focus will be initially on surviving a serious hyperspace accident. What happens after that is up to the characters.
  • Initial thread will possibly be done by JP before moving to a SP format.
  • It's going to happen in 18+ open RP, probably. I don't think it really deserves to be a full plot and there's probably going to be some unpleasantness.
  • Ask anything else below. This is kind of vague, I know, but it's intentionally being kept a vague idea until interest is felt out.

Sounds like the idea that Navian had. I still don't think Yamatai is a good faction for this sort of thing (due to most of them having ST back-ups and having really no threat of this being "life ending" at all), but it might be good to expand on the accident ideas you might be able to go into. Tons of things can go wrong in space, certainly, but most of them aren't something that could be survived or exactly salvage an entire Eikan.

It might also be worthwhile, as a GM tip if you wanna make this happen, to consider preparing a planet already for this sorta deal. Unless they're stuck in the vacuum or in some asteroid belt, they're going to be tugged and burn up into a planet's atmosphere for a proper "OH SHIIII-" moment... right?

It is basically the same idea, yes, but Navian's not done anything with it yet. I like the concept enough to give it a shot. If you want to look at it that way, there's really never any kind of threat to Star Army personnel since they can just be soul-transferred after being declared dead.

What happened to Yūgiri has killed a lot of the crew, barring the surviving player characters. Of use for the time being? Yes, but I'll spoil this much plot: they're not going to be able to fly it off at any point.

Everything else falls under "that's plot and I'm not putting it in an interest check". A girl has to have some secrets. If you want my honest thoughts, you should apply like you're applying to be part of an Eikan based ship plot for Yamatai. First idea was just straight up do that and then have everyone die not die.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back