Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

The World's Deadliest Not-Spy

The Real Bames Jond

Inactive Member
What do you call yourself?
- The Real Bames Jond.

How'd you find Star Army?
- A bored Google search inspired by something I overheard at work.

What interested you in joining?
- Seems like there's a lot of potential to meet people and have fun. If I had to name any one thing, it'd be the level of detail in the wiki and site lore.

Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before?
- Yep.

Any previous experiences you want to share?
- Rolling a 1 in D&D has netted my characters all sorts of unexpected boons. Captaincy of a sloop, access to an off-limits manor, and more. Never a preserved innocence but I hold out hope.

Now for the questionnaire!

Do you prefer:
  • Playing male or female characters?
    Whichever. I'm not picky.
  • Spontaneous or planned RP?
    Why not both?
  • Military or civilian characters?
    Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword has never tried to kill somebody with a BiC.
  • Humans, androids, anthros, or aliens?
    Whatever catches my interest at the time.
  • Being on a starship or being on a planet?
    Why not a planet-sized starship? Or a planet contained within a starship? But for real, its not the general setting that matters to me, but what is happening in it that really gets my interest in the end.
  • Roleplay via forum posts or in real-time?
    Forum posts, ideally. But I can enjoy both.
On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
  • Language: 3. I'm generally a fan of speaking. Oh and I can swear like a sailor, too.
  • Violence: 3. Blood makes the green grass grow.
  • Sexuality: 1-3. Really depends on context of the plot.
What's something cool you'd love to RP?
- Grunt work can be fun in its way. Playing the super-soldiers can be fun but sometimes the grit and risks of being just another Private stacked at the door can be fun to write and experience. I also like to play roles that don't seem to be touched on a lot - shuttle pilots, ship bridge crews, and things like that.

Welcome to Star Army! I feel like you'll fit in well in the military plots of the Star Army RP. Have you got a chance to look at some of the existing RP options in terms of the active plots like the YSS Eucharis and other ships?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back