• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: NSS Nerkat This is how we do it downtown!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I need a fucking roll call, right now. Status report, everyone!" Ran had not failed to notice the shuttle rolling into their position, as well as the declining number of Reds in their immediate vicinity. By Ran's count, he still had Gyles, Rose, Fay an Luca in fighting condition, with the rest of them suffering from varying wounds. Walking towards where the rest of the wounded were, and signaling for everyone else to do so, the Chief used this small lull in the fight to give the platoon a bit of a pep talk.

"Now, listen." He dropped to one knee next to Harrison, and signaled for the medics to keep working in spite of him. "We've got a lot of fucking wounded right now. I understand that this is a shit-poor situation, but I need you all to man the fuck up as soon as our medics treat you. The faster we get rid of this fucking generator, the sooner we can take out the AA guns an get the fuck out of here. Anyone that has a wound on their limb that makes them ineffective, just remember you don't actually have to fucking move your limbs to make the damn armor move."

Ran tapped the back of his PA's head, reminding them of their neural probes. "Amelia, you're gonna have to shoot with your left hand. Just rest your rifle on your right hand, and the savtech should take care of the rest. Fire only at what you can hit, now." Just to show the Cyclone that the Marines were, indeed there, the Chief fired a few Scalar grenades at where it was firing from. "Let's get everyone patched up, Medics."

"Erm.. sir it's my left arm that's disabled. According to the HUD here, the suit thinks it's been blown off even though obviously it hasn't." She shook her head. "I can fire with my right. Not as good as if I had both or if my fucking targeting would work, but I can still hit something." Amelia looked towards the noise of the shuttle (Even though she wasn't aware of what it was.) "Ready when you are sir. This has taken way too long."

It looked odd with her holding her LPA in one hand, but she appeared ready to fight till the end.

Kagura would shift and roll to her side and engage the program to open the chest piece of the armor as if she was going to exit the cavity. But instead used the relieved pressure to breathe deeply again and sighed, using her recorded telemetry of the SAM launchers and generator she created a map of it in detail. "here guys here's what I got when I was close to it, I can't do much to help ya atm but use it" she said and sent the file to the other armors to display it in their HUD as an overlap to show where she'd been firing from the the incoming lines of the SAM missles that shot her down.

Harrison was coherent enough to respond despite the fact there was now a medic probing his leg wounds, which still burned from the alcohol.

"Aye aye Chief, I'll do what I can." Despite the wounds on his leg, the old ex-merc looked willing enough to do the job he had to.

A roar of another shuttle could be heard, and it too would suddenly pop out over the outpost just to dive down inside of it. So now there were two, same class of shuttle.

Curious.

The Mindy, of course, was still still in the same spot as before. By now, though, one would hope that the mystery around this fact would have been guessed (Correctly, no less) at time and time again by the marines.

The Cyclone infantry scattered from the scalar grenades from Ran, although none among them actually fell to them. Only two came close, really close, but on one occasion the man in question rolled down the hill, avoiding it, and in the other one of the other cyclones fired at the ground by it before it set off, sending it away enough to keep the man safe.

The 'sniper' fired his shot, although not at the marines. Nope, not to long after the Viper came into visual again was it shot, sending it ducking down behind one of the further back hills that was still intact. Banging into the ground, yes, but the damage was nonexistent for the Viper.

The other Cyclones, though, held their fire. In fact, outside of the ones that had to react to the grenades and the sniper, three Cyclones were all that did anything. One rushed down the hill the outpost was situated on rather quickly, almost stumbling to a fall as he did so, and slid on his knees when he got to the corpse of his dead squadmate. He didn't dwaddle at all, though, instead scooping the body up and proceeding to run back up the hill. Presenting quite the target, one supposes.

Another one moved to the hunched over 'body' of one of the downed (One of the further ones, of course) Crooked Demons, doing almost the exact same slide his above comrade did next to it, although didn't leave just yet. Instead, he seems to be checking over the armor, or what was inside rather.

And the final armor, finally, (Ho hum) sprinted over to the downed Viper, taking cover behind it from most of the Marines and seemily attempting to crawl inside the cockpit, from the very same hole the pilot escaped from.

Wonder what they're up to. Hum.

Fay shrugged slightly, "Not sure what you mean, but I'm still here." After sterilizing the wound, the medic began cauterizing it with his surgical laser. "Almost finished.." he said under his breath. There would be a lot of work to be done back in the medbay's ship after the mission was over with...

Fay could see the visual effects of his laser as the clipped artery closed up and Harrison cringed slightly in pain, but managed to hold his leg still enough for the medic to get the job done.

"Drinks on me next shore leave, Sealus. I owe you for this." The old ex-merc said, drawing up his PAL and leaning forward slightly from the waist up.

"Sounds good," the medic replied, starting to wonder why everyone is calling him 'Sealus' now. Apparently, it started with Rose, and now the Harrison has caught the bug. Fay made a mental note to talk to her about it a little later. "Do you need any more help for now?" he asked, putting his reusable gear back into the medical bag at his waist.

"Not unless you have any IV bags of O Negative on you, no." Harrison said, standing up. His leg felt better already, and he wasn't blacking out anymore.

"So, where's the target?" Harrison said, holding up his PAL. In a way he was inquiring to Ran to figure out where his new target was.

"I am alive - sir. Injured shooting arm and unarmed, though..." Henry made sure his leader had one less thing to worry about.
He still taking cover without a proper weapon to use against the onslaught. He wasn't cowering though, just waiting for the right opportunity.

"Hm... no, sorry, but your power armor can give you some Droksin. It'll help you get some of your blood back, but just be sure to drink a lot of water when you get back..." Fay responded, remembering that the medic had already taken two doses of the stuff himself. He was already feeling the side effects of hunger and thirst.

As the battle unfolded on the surface, a pair of powerful hyperspace signatures were detected by the NSS Nerkat on her starboard and port sides, about 500 meters away. After several seconds a pair of green Shaika Assault Carriers emerged into realspace, massive two-mile long carrier ships that dwarfed the comparatively tiny C1 cruiser.

Cpt. Yannic Chekerov said:
Crew of the NSS Nerkat, this is Captain Yannic Chekerov of the NSS Crusade and NSS Mendelev, previously en route to garrison Kennewes. We have been sent by High Command to reinforce you, pending exceedingly poor planning on the part of the officer that set you on this venture.

We will be commencing full scale armor and fighter squadron deployment in approximately six hundred standard seconds, at which point we will offer the defending Red forces an ultimatum. We advise that your ground forces work to disable AA positions, or set them up for orbital bombardment.

-Chekerov, out.

Esther gave Tamara a tentative glance and nodded. There wasn't much to debate for Nerkat's command staff, and the new orders were quickly relayed to the marines on the ground via the two VOID armor's S-Tranceivers. The message was then instantly rerouted and distributed to all forces involved the assault, and placed as a prioritized objective.

NSS Nerkat said:
"Priority Objective, All Units: Destroy, mark or disable 80% or more of installation SAM sites within the next 557 seconds."

"Okay, then." The searing green text across his HUD was soon disappeared once the Chief minimized it to the corner of his HUD. "Newman, you're on me. We're gonna mark up the fucking things for orbital bombardment since we're lacking in manpower to destroy it. I want the rest of you all to stay here and defend our wounded. McCain, maybe you can assist them." Ran noted that he still had five DARTs left, sighing in relief that he still had some.

He turned to the rest of the platoon. "Just in case, is there maybe one person that would like to come along with us?"

"I will sir." Amelia held her LPA in one hand and despite having a number of injuries, she still seemed willing to fight. Thought it seemed kind of foolhardy of her, she didn't appear like she was going to back down from the fight. "I can still fight and I've yet to make myself useful in this mission." Her suit flashed the green text acrost her HUD amongst the whining it gave about two of her damaged limbs, but she silenced it. "I can give supressive fire while you mark the targets, sir."

"Amelia, your armor's been fucked up sideways, I'll do it." Harrison said, already feeling better as the Droskin entered his bloodstream.

"Awaiting your orders, Chief."

Kagura shifted her position, staying hidden because of her open chest plate, listening to the others on the horn. "Well I gave you the locations I could detect, it's all I can really do, if I get up I open myself up to fire because my chest is open. If I close it, I can't breathe." she said to teh group.

"Oh - hell..." Henry the cruisers overhead, thinking there were more foes to fight as if there weren't enough to. He was promptly relieved to see the sight of the Shaika Assault Carriers, "...yes."

He immediately had a better feeling in his chest, and he realised that he had some other weapons on the Armour that he should have known about! It must've been his weariness that made him forget.
"Awaiting orders..." He transmitted to Ran. He had enough of being in the dirt and waiting for a good weapon, "I still, have my PLA, the EAG - and ... Chainsword. At the ready."

"Kagura, do you require some assistance?" Fay asked over the comm. He had just finished patching Harrison up, so his hands were now free to get to someone else. "Are you wounded, or is it just your armor that is damaged? I don't think that I have any armor patches with me.."

Kagura sighed and radioed back to Fay. "I am injured, as I can't feel my left arm, the AI is managing it currently. But it's not too serious, just take that data I sent everyone and blow those SAM's to hell. I can't go anymore but I still have at least half a cartriage of PAL shots left." She said. "I can't stand up cuz my armor chest plate is open so I can breathe, I don't need to tell you that'd be suicide."

"I don't need both arms to blow someone's brains out. I'm not incapitated or crippled, so I can still fight." Amelia snapped back at him. It sounded like she was going to listen to no one telling her that she couldn't rejoin the battle.

Well, almost no one...

"Are we going or not, sir? I'm sure you already know we don't exactly have a lot of time."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back