• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

To Crack Invulnerability - Zesuaium

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had this conversation before and it ends with admiting that Zeusiaum is a material that cheats. It shouldn't work the way it does. However the material will be kept around for continuality reasons.

(oops, big mistake. I put a not where there shouldn't be one)

They could atlest give a better explination about it, seeing how it's immune to energy(heat), energy (Radiation), energy (electricity), chemical interation (acid) and just about every physical/enthropic force in the universe...

I mean it's worse than adamantium, that stuff has atlest one failing, that being admantium's magnatizable..

That still sounds silly......

And the point still remains - Zesuaium, despite all its properties, has a breaking point. That breaking point, as a result, must be quantifiable and with all the ridiculous computing power that even an infantry unit has in this setting, that figure should be well known to every military organization that has ever encountered the substance.

This material is (as has been noted previously) extremely self contradictory.

It is stated as being immune to radiant energy, yet Aether weapons affect it. Since 'pure' energy cannot exist it either acts by creating some form of particle energy or (more likely, based on how it looks) creating photonic energy. Either way though, it is no different than a particularly powerful laser or particle beam. And no, it cannot posses 'infinite energy density', as the zero-point field is not infinite (though, should it exist as currently theorized, it is so large it amounts to the same in most situations) since there exists a cutoff point at the Planck frequency. Either way, the actual energy of the weapons must be far, far below this, due to observed effects. If it was anywhere remotely close to the theoretical energy density (I am talking like within 70 magnitudes of it) it would have such high energy density that it would create a black hole as it fired (which also means the beam would not travel anywhere, it would just end at the tip of the gun, where the black hole formed), which would necessarily consume the gun and then the armor/ship it was attached to. Since this does not happen, we can place a upper limit on its energy. I frankly don't care to spend a hour of my life atm doing the research to calculate that limit, but suffice it to say that it exists.

The second thing is that it must have a conventional atomic structure (with electrons, protons, neutrons; all that jazz) to be affected by antimatter, since AM particle will only react with their normal-matter pair. This also means that the strength of the shit must also be limited by atomic-bonding strengths and by the fact that, like all matter, it is mostly empty space (which would allow very high frequency waves to pass through it unhindered).

This conclusion is supported by the fact that it is damaged by molecular disruptors, which as there names suggests, work on molecules.

Vesper

I, personally, would like to know why this stuff has been said to have been ingrained with a concept.

In a different thread someone mentioned this metal is made with time energy or time matter or something equally ludacris since there's no such thing. Time is an insubstancal concept of motion.

From the Wiki:

What exactly time "is" and how it works is still largely undefined, except in relation to the other fundamental quantities.

We don't really know what Time is actually, and given the relationship between space and time to create the unified space-time of modern physics it would seem like it is something a little more ... interesting, than simply an insubstantail concept of motion.

In fact for something you seem to make so simple there is a great deal written:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacetime
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_in_physics

Then there's cause and effect and all that jazz.

It still doesn't explain the reason why Time is an ingreadent in this mystically indestructable metal. Time is a concept and is used as a measurement. Linked to space or physics is irrevelent since Time has no physical substance.

And Causality is just a means to explain sympathetic events.

*Wags a finger at Derran*

Despite the fact Hanako and Yui are the sole exceptions, Magic, even Nodal access magic is illegal!!

Derran Tyler said:
Why don't we just call Zesuaium what it is: Magic.

Magic has been removed from the SARP entirely. So, if Zesuaium is magic, then it should not exist.

Solution: We should make a plotship that goes to Yamatai and tells PANTHEON to divide by zero.

I know there's a lot of questions about Zesuaium. I'm going to create a web page explaining it as soon as I get a chance, okay?

Thanks guys.

*grabs thread and jerks it back to it's original purpose*

We've determined that Zesuaium can be compromised by aetheric and anti-matter attacks, as well as physical impacts that could jar the actual foundation of the zesuaium plating itself along with select weapons whom cause disruption at the molecular level.

Zesuaium's toughness has come in question. We know Zesuaium is a material that has it's resistance in the upper-scale of the SARP, as well as know that despite it's uncanny resilience, it does have a damage threshold.

This said, it's very likely that Zesuaium is likely as tough as convenience (generally manipulated by the writer or the Game Master in charge) dictates.

Does anyone else has something constructive to add?

I don't know who else will agree with me. But this is more than I ever expected, and it is on most points an excellent setting page. This is just what we need.

I will not agree with you. This explains only what we already know about the substance and provides the explanation 'because of continuality' that it is kept in roleplay despite how it wouldn't be approved if it was submited now.

I'm curious:

If a material can't be warped or expanded/contracted by heat and materials made of it always exist in a solid state, how exactly can it be made into a plasmodic state to be poured into molds?

This seems to suggest that Zesuanium must have some kind of melting point.

I think it was the AvaNet whom first came up with it. Zesuaium has a base substance that's put into zero-G and then altered with femtomachines to be made up into it's final state, which can't be altered anymore.

Just sort of like how you can mold clay, but can't do it anymore after you've baked it. From there on in, it's inalterable.

I must agree with Uso Tasuki. The page doesn't anwser, heck, it doesn't even give any new information about this mystical metal, aside from Wes adding he thought it up when he was but a whee one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back