• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Turinu Lynhart

Turinu

Inactive Member
turinulynhart.gif

Name: Turinu Lynhart

General Information

Species: Neolibré

Family/Creators:
Father, Gerald Hues Lynhart (Deceased)
Mother, Racia Erin Lynhart (Deceased)
Sister, Raine Harriet Lynhart (Deceased)

Faction: Star Army of Yamatai
Current Assignment:

Physical Characteristics

Height: 6'2'' ft.; 189cm
Weight: 180 lbs.; 90kg

Build and Skin Color: Turinu has a somewhat above average build, being semi-muscular in structure, thanks to his daily meditation and exercises. He is somewhat tan in color, mainly due to the fact he was a laborer before his world was destroyed, and stayed outside more than inside.
Face and Eye Color: Turinu keeps a clean-shaven face, though sometimes he goes without shaving, giving him a rugged look. It takes his species quite some time to develop facial hair, so he can be forgetful somtimes. His eyes are an odd golden color, a rarity amongst his race, which signifies some sort of unity with spacial energy.
Hair color and Style: His hair color is a deep, raven black color, a color which is an honor to have been born with. His hair is rather messy and wild, seemingly falling into place into some form of somewhat decent hairstyle, preferring it that way.

Distinguishing Features: Turinu has a scar running down his upper-left shoulder down his chest; a memory he wished long forgotten from his home world. He also has a runic symbol tattooed down his right side of his chest; what it means is unclear except to him. Sometimes, his eyes tend to look as if they are giving off a soft glow, which has something to do with his birth.

Psychological Characteristics

Personality: Turinu, being an outcast in a civilization of a multitude of races, tends to keep to himself, despite acting like a Nepleslian. When he gets to know people, he tends to be more open and act kindly toward them, but aside from that is fairly not social. Through his upraising, he inherited his mothers traits in being brave and courageous, and to have a sense of duty to protect others. Like most Neolibré's, he isn't very open until he has been with a person for some time; but, like most of his dying race, is slowly opening up more and more. He has a large fear of being shot. Considering he's never been shot before, but having seen people being shot and killed, is quite fearful of it.

Likes: Writing, Drawing, Archery, Classical Music, Fencing, Women, Food
Dislikes: People with attitudes, being shot at, extremely loud noises, being yelled at
Goals: Gaining acceptance; friends, and a new life

History

Born and raised within a town known as Knall, on the planet of Azura, he took on most of the physical attributes of his mother; black hair, golden eyes, and a natural build. From a young age he worked as a laborer; which was actually a honorable life for a man on Azura. Through this be built endurance; confidence, and strength.

When he came to age on his homeworld, he became an engineer, and, soon enough, found himself as one of the first people to be accepted into the governments Space Exploration program. Considering the level of technology on Azura, they had yet to even make it out of their planets atmosphere. Their first exploration was to one of the planets moons; and soon enough, years later, a space station was built orbiting that moon.

Little did he know, that the Space Station would save his; and the last of his peoples, lives. Back on Azura, a scientist was doing an experiment in geothermal energy; and soon enough started a chain reaction which would destroy the planet; and the moons. If it weren't for the space stations orbit, it would have went with the planet, but, instead, the planets explosion accelerated the station out into unknown space.

Soon enough, the damage space station had been found; and the people on the station passed off as Nepleslian, and where helped off the station, and sent to Nepleslia. There, the Neolibrés were split apart, and melded into the Nepleslian society. Turinu, however, managed to be one of the few to prevail. He learned how to fight, quite well, and picked up on a multitude of new skills. He was enthralled with the technological advancements the civilization had made. He made it one of his prime directives to improve himself, learn about these people, and the many other civilizations out there, and to one day finally make a new life in this world.

Nepleslia was not the place to do it; but it was the best place to get a start, to see the harsh, crime-filled streets, and to build a resistance to it. Soon enough, he found himself literally hitch-hiking across Starships, until he found himself at Yamatai. He spent some years there as he soon managed to gain citizenship. Soon enough, he had enough knowledge about this civilization to not be lost, or confused. Considering he came from a civlization which technological peak revolved around the first steps into space, it was quite a wonder he was able to adapt so fast. It was a quirk about himself he found quite irritating, in that he ways always curious, and always had to find out about certain things.

Considering his gained knowledge; and the want to travel even more across the plains of the galaxy, Turinu decided he would try and become a militant officer in the Yamatai Star Army. He did not know it would be possible, considering the fact of his looks, but if he could do anything; he would try to get off as a Geshrin. Luckily enough, he was more similar to the biological appearance of a Geshrin, considering the common black hair color of them, and the fact that, with the use of tinted glasses, could hide his eye color, which was bordering on an orange color.

Turinu is used to melee combat, utilizing knives, and even swords, to defeat his opponents. He is also used to utilizing a mass of different weapons, including guns, even though he highly dislikes them. Despite his lack in knowledge of guns, it was easy to aquire that knowledge on Nepleslia, considering mostly every day on that planet was a struggle to stay alive; and to not be shot. One thing he really doesn't like happening in the first place, is being shot at.

Skills:

• Communication - A recent skill Turinu began to pick up on, he found it to be quite helpful in quite a lot of situations. It took him some time to understand the basic ways of communications within Yamatai, considering the bad communication devices used on Azura, but he soon had gotten used to doing the many things required within Yamatai. He finds their multiple ways of communication and recieving things to be very interesting; and much more fast paced than what he was originally used to. Considering the capabilities of his race, he might even be capable of telepathic communication if trained properly, though it would be extremely... primitive..

Domestic - As a laborer on his planet, he was taught many skills that would help him as he grew older. He excels at many daily humdrum activities, and is purely self-sufficient when it comes to cleaning himself and other things. He was even taught in the ways of caring and cleaning for others, and doing menial tasks for people. Though he is very reluctant to do so, he can be suckered in to doing many things, considering he is constanly curious about the world about him.

Fighting and Physical - Turinu was well trained in the skills of combat by his father; a warrior in the previous "Tyrant Wars" on his planet. When he arrived on Nepleslia, his skills were even more honed, as he had to fight to survive. He has learned many combat techniques since then, and excels in multiple weaponry. He has also trained himself in the use of "Power Armors," something he finds quite intriguing.

Information Technology - Used to utilizing computers, mainly due to the many computers on the Space Station he previously worked on, Turinu took quite a liking to the mass of computer technologies developed by Yamatai. He finds their very friendly user interface to be quite helpful, and has quickly learned to utilize their systems.

Magic - If it could be considered magic, Turinu has the unique ability, like all of his people, to utilize the spacial energy around them, and focus it in a variety of ways. It can be considered a more or less "Non-Elemental" phenomenon. Depending on the person, it can manifest in a different amount of ways. Turinu himself can generate it physically, and can also manifest it within his body to produce a small number of effects, mainly due to his body being more composed with these spacial energies moreso than the others in his race.

Mathematics - Though not as traversed in the areas of mathmetics as other people might be, Turinu was able to attain a more massive knowledge of mathematics previously unknown on his planet. Depsite his knowlege in this section, he really despises mathematics, but it is a required thing for an engineer such as himself in order to attain perfect equations when creating things, and other types of information.

I'm not sure--but of course I'm not Wes--if your character could get away with pretending to be a Geshrin. The history is long, but it's not too detailed and it's the first character of your race anyway. I like the personality and the fear of being shot is nice, as it really makes him seem like an outsider. Good job.

About the magic, you might want to hold off on that until the discussion on magic is ended. I don't mean don't play your character, just don't use the magic. You should really list what exact magic abilities he has, so that you aren't accused of making one up on the spot.

A question just came up. Why would someone need training in swords? Unless they were trained in martial arts, sword-fighting, I dont believe, would be useful enough to develop. Atleast no one I know can deflect a bullet with a sword. 😉

What I'm saying is, if I could carry a gun or a sword, I would choose the gun.

Not related Scott.

I like his History, and you have really though about it in detail although, for once I will go with Jadg, it is really long lots of info but maybe too much. You could build it up in an RP and build his character more instead of doing it all in the bio. Magic, not so sure, very vague.

I like it otherwise though. Nice job!

Character approved. Please don't abuse the magic stuff.

Turinu said:
Turinu himself can generate it physically, and can also manifest it within his body to produce a small number of effects, mainly due to his body being more composed with these spacial energies moreso than the others in his race.

Gee, suprise suprise? ^^;

Not related Scott.

Actually yes it is. What would be the purpose of possessing those skills? All I'm asking is why someone would need or even want those for practical purposes?

I'm not trying to start an argument. I want someone to prove me wrong.

In the Empire at least, high ranking officers receive some training in swordsmanship. Mostly because those officers shouldn't be in regualr combat anyway. The most they need to worry about are assassins. That's why all officers are required to carry a sidearm. They also carry swords on formal occasions, or if they just want to look stuck-up. :p

I think, in any post-gunpowder society, swordsmanship going to be a sign of sophistication more than anything else. Which is funny if you think about it. :)

Nice picture, by the way. :D

...some people like swords, Scott, and thats enough reason to learn. Because, quite frankly, people are flighty and impulsive. And desire often outweighs practicality.

On his planet, they weren't that advanced, :p.

They did not fight with guns; they fought with swords. He did not learn of guns until AFTER he left his planet. You tend to forget how primitive it was; and even though they managed to reach a small distance into space; the best long-range weapon would have probably been a Ballistae.

And don't worry about the too much info thing. I just tend to like to delve into my characters past moreso than others; I dislike small biographies, ^^;.

As for his capabilities, Rei, since he can produce more and use more; he has to meditate and train moreso than others, which means it's more taxing than beneficial.

Also, the effects he would be able to produce from his body are no more than menial things, not enough to effect anything. For instance; healing a biiiiiiit more faster than he normally could, or, if temporarily blinded or stunned, the capability to regain his capabilities a biiiiit more faster than he normally could.

I don't plan on using his abilities much; only in dire situations, if they are ever presented as such.

You have GOT to be kidding me.

The Neolibrés home planet, which was rarely known, was called Azura, which flourished both agriculturally, and in technology.

Your saying they had advanced technology, space stations, and the like and they were limited to using swords. Your race stats contradict your last post. ONTOP of that you act like you bearly know what kind of weapons they would have. I mean before that your race could be considered at least semi-credible but your most recent post makes them look like a total POS race pulled out of someone's colon.

If your going to say 'they only had swords' and that they could launch space stations you need to SERIOUSLY redesign your race or delete everything you have and start over. If you don't have an in depth knowledge of your race it should be deleted immideately as no one else will be able to use them.

Yes. They advanced through technology, which most likely borders the 1970's, plus/minus a few things.

Guns were not one of the things produced in this time.

Things such as swords, bows, and many forms of medieval weaponry were used fifty years plus previously, and after the war ended, it ushered in a time of mass pacifism and peace. There would be no REASON for them to produce weapons such as guns.

When this peace was ushered in, they quickly flourished in technology. It was advanced to them; it would be considered extremely primitive in the eyes of the universe. The space station was their most pivotal achievement, and it would be considered extremely primitive in the ways of real-life space stations today.

Your logic seems to be rested on the ideals that if they have primitive weapons; they should have primitive everything.

That's not true at all.

Things develop differently everywhere. In the case of Azura, weapons used to kill each other were primitive; exploration and chronicling and the recording of history, ad knowledge, were advanced, if it can be called advanced.

Self Defence, Hunting, Research, Tracking... ect. There are plenty of reasons to produce guns in peace time. Move over, they would have guns at a 1970s tech level. They would have guns LONG before fifty years before a 1970s tech level.

Along the same lines, if there is no need to produce weapons why do they have swords and seige weapons? That makes no sense. Along the same lines Why would he have training to use a sword if there is no need for weapons on his planet?

Again, if they had a space station they should have rockets and as such projectile weapons.

Finally, if they didn't have guns they wouldn't have the balistics know how to create a rocket, they would lack the tools needed to create rockets, they wouldn't have lots of things like pile drivers and bolt guns and all sorts of devices that improve quality of life.

The Tech level IS the level of tech across the board. This makes no sense that they have some midevil technology for one thing, and near modern tech elsewhere.

Your logic seems to be rested on the ideals that if they have primitive weapons; they should have primitive everything.

That's not true at all.

Things develop differently everywhere. In the case of Azura, weapons used to kill each other were primitive; exploration and chronicling and the recording of history, ad knowledge, were advanced, if it can be called advanced.

I point to what I have just quoted above.

You can defend yourselves with swords; you can hunt with bows- hell, people hunt with bows TODAY.

Yes, they could have produced guns; but with no enemies to point them at, they are highly not needed. Yes, they had guns at the 1970's tech level; hell, the had guns in the 1500's.

Why do they have swords and seige weapons? Because they were used in the previous war. It makes perfect sense.

While things such as Ballistae may no longer be produced for no needs; things such as swords, staves, knives, etc, can be used in a more traditional sense.

And despite their lack of guns; yes, they can have balistics know-how. How were guns produced in the first place? Technically through experimenting and inventing. How were they able to construct a space station; or even get into space in the first place? Technically through experimenting and inventing.

Everything advances differently. They so happened to have advanced in such technology through non-harmful means, and have directed it towards helpful needs.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back