• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission TWF-1A/B

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
It's not the first gun of a new faction if anything it's another gun built by a already developed corperation within the faction

That's like saying the us should change the name of a musket because they are a new nation when a different person withen the nation made it

Ame it's a system. It can't just change because someone doesn't like it. And with that argument, 75% of canon guns are rule breaking. This is not a snowflake gun, it is still adherent to a system. The Tsumi culture is not fancy, it's war mongering, and they could care less for fancy names.

I highly recommend Jack ask for a new reviewer. This one seems tired, stressed, and needs a break. Not only that, but she's making references to rules that no one follows as a precedent. Hell, I'm not actually sure that that even is a rule.

I offered for you guys to ask to change the rule if it's not working. It's obvious to you that it's not working. Do you want me to try to change the rule or are one of you going to?

Everyone should tone it down just a little bit. I wouldn't want either side to get annoyed or frustrated at this submission. Or get more stressed out than they already are.

Honestly, this is the first time ever seeing this ruling, as someone who often checks other submissions, including gun submissions. I honestly don't see the issue myself with the naming either, if it is implied on the page itself what the abbreviation means.

It seems an obsolete rule, to me as well, since I know there is a lot of guns with abbreviated names out on the wiki. Maybe even more than there are full names. But yeah, that would require a request of rule changing, which, no offense, would just delay this a lot.

Cool, so let's not address the abbreviation in the title anymore until that can be decided!

Moving on, I super think this should be two articles. Where do you sit with that, Jack?

Again as I mentioned before in my first message, they are the same weapon. The only difference, is one has grenades and the other a motor. Everything else is identical. It's basically the same as the previous weapons I've submitted that were the same weapon with different components. I have treated this no differently then that. It even says in the article that one can be field stripped to repair either model. Even if I did make a separate page, 75% would just be copy pasta. I don't think there is enough differences to warrant a second page.

Edit: sorry if my phrasing sounds rude, just recapping.

It makes sense to have it one article with the field stripping in mind. Since it's in the article already, no real change is super needed.

Are both models currently in production?

I was super vague about the formatting and grammar edits that need to be done. Do you need help with those?

You didn't sound rude. This was a problem that we both wanted solved. We both need to meet the same outcome, though, so halfway points will have to be made or met by someone.

Yes and also things like this, "Featuring both a heavy and light platform." This is not a complete sentence.

Check for those two things and ping me when you have.

Is this intended to be used by anyone other than the Tsumi, or will it be sold? The inclusion of prices would indicate that it might be, but I don't know for sure and it seems like something that could confuse people.

I dunno, that's up to IQ. When I asked as I have already told you Alex was that he said to just figure what prices would be.

another point to note, governments still have to pay for stuff nothing is free anywhere ever
EDIT: If its that confusing why not just ask for it to be stated alongside the price or in OOC or something

Last edited:
As one of the reviewers who has approved S6 articles with "abbreviation titles" in the past, I must confess that had I remembered about that particular rule (found in this section of the Style Guide), I would've asked for the title and URL to be changed - as although it might indeed be used in real life by the Army and numerous weapon designers, the casual viewer (the one viewing the site for the very first time or the one who's never viewed an S6/Tsumi article before) would most likely find it confusing due to not following the general "theme" of most other article titles on the Star Army wiki. Is it an extremely minor detail? Yes, but the same can be said for fixing it, and if you want I can provide assistance in editing article titles and renaming wiki pages, @Jack Pine, as I contributed to the problem.

Also, just as a heads-up: @Wes has told me in the past (when I was asking about moving the Nepleslian articles to the faction:nepleslia: namespace) that namespaces on the wiki shouldn't be more than three deep - thus I'd recommend changing the destination namespace of the TWF to the following: species:tsumi:weapons: (or species:tsumi:guns:)

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back