Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC UCS ZENPYOU

Thank you, thank you, glad to be back. Y'see, I started using my monitor as a screen for my 360, just after changing my password... and... um... forgot it... ._.

So, I can get onto my guest admin account, but explorer.exe won't run, even when I try to start it manually from the task manager. It's got me all mucked up. I can get onto Firefox sometimes, although my connection has been splotchy.

If anyone knows a remedy for this problem (either how to reset my PC to an earlier date before password-change happened or how to get explorer.exe to run), I'd be forever grateful.

On an OOC note, sorry for not giving you guys a ton to post about (Nashoba, Kyoki, Roken). Finals just got done so my quality should be increasing as well as the quantity of posts.

On another note though, Kassidy, wavrian would know this so I'll tell you OOC. The device is acting like a (snap i just forgot what it was called ;.;). Basically it dampens the incoming electrical signal. Wavrian might be able to find another one, modify this one so that it still works but doesn't transmit(the jamming signal), or do something completely different to solve/fix/ignore the problem. Your call.

Well, thanks to Yoroko, my PC is now back in peak running condition. Who'd have thought that safe mode wouldn't require you to enter an old password in order to make a new one? Thanks, Yoroko!

No problem :)

Posted! Also, I talked with Soresu a little bit ago but I think it's important to announce here as well. The UOC hasn't been doing much lately other than the Zenpyou. The key difference between the UOC and most other factions is that the UOC is almost exclusively controlled by the players. Believe it or not, you guys have a lot of say as to what goes down here, but that also puts the impetus (focus) on the players to grow and develop it. If people have ideas for the UOC feel free to suggest them, be it technology, culture, or even an idea focused around law. I like the concept of the UOC, but kinda feel it is untapped and undeveloped. Now, part of this is my own fault for not doing anything, but we can do so much. Anyway, I'll see what I can do about finding or getting a thread for ideas and whatnot, but in the meantime feel free to suggest them here or pm them to Soresu or myself.

Also, thanks guys for being such awesome people. I know I've done it before but I'll do it again, my posts haven't been the best lately and you guys definitely deserve better. On that note, I'm going to give you better posts :)

Depending on what you guys want to do, I want to try to keep the NMX stuff out of the main spotlight since the piracy thing makes our faction unique and I dislike no-win scenarios.

I am trying to figure out how to handle the main faction politics and such without encrouching too much on the players' ability to actually contribute to how things turn out. =) I am hoping to work out the mystery numbers of the other fleets as well, so please stay tuned. I want to hear from ya'll to figure out what YOU as the players want to happen here.

Actually I had a few ideas for the UOC involving technology and even war. One of them which I am tinkering with because I have free time is designing a more war like power armor system. The Mantus is fantastic for policing operations, but I figured it would make more sense to add something a bit more dangerious into the mix. Of course I would love to have somebody to put in their ideas.

We use the Tenshi... not the Mantus.... Anyway, the Tenshi needs to be fleshed out more (meaning more equipment), which would be nice. It can be made war-like if it's given better weapons and stuff. Though, another power armor wouldn't be so bad, it'd just have to fill a different role than the Tenshi, which seems to be a rather general-purpose role. Stealth, fire support, etc. would be good.

I can offer small suggestions *points above as a reference* but I'm not good with tech.... I'd probably make something horrendous and make the tech moderators rip their eyes out....

Kyoki said:
[...]but I'm not good with tech.... I'd probably make something horrendous and make the tech moderators rip their eyes out....

Hahahaha, I'd like to see that. I am in agreement with Kim, it'd be nice to focus on pirates instead of Misshus. Right now, from the perspective of Region 4's representative (Shinichi Deguchi), the UOC can't really help Yamatai too much. That and I don't know our fleet sizes :/ (Woo mystery numbers! That means we win right?) But from his perspective Region 4 (Yuukan) just got slammed by unknown attackers and is being rebuilt. Between the pirate problem, the potential of the S/NMX attacking the UOC (for Shinichi region 4 specifically), and the unknown assailants, we would be spreading ourselves waaay to thin if we tried to help Yamatai.

Hm I thought we use the Mantis too. Oh well, The Tenshi Really does not seem like a military grade armor system, more like a policing outfit. In terms of comparing us to the SA we are kinda new, a break away faction, I think of it kind of like in Firefly. There was the Alliance that was all pimp and the Outer Planets, a bit more rugged, I would Imagine the SA has more troops and fleets then we do. But I highly doubt the Mishuus will get past the SA any way, im up for what ever. I do think we should create more technology for our faction though, to make us different.

A multi roll armor is just that, it is a jack of all trades master of none. We need something that is feirce I already came up with a name, and have a skeleton fleshed out im just trying to get the details down pack.

The name I chose for it is Garuda, unless you can find one better.

Actually here is a part of the myth, it is the Hindu version.

The story of Garuda's birth and deeds is told in the first book of the great epic Mahabharata. According to the epic, when Garuda first burst forth from his egg, he appeared as a raging inferno equal to the cosmic conflagration that consumes the world at the end of every age. Frightened, the gods begged him for mercy. Garuda, hearing their plea, reduced himself in size and energy.

Throughout the Mahabharata, Garuda is invoked as a symbol of impetuous violent force, of speed, and of martial prowess.

I also propose the formation of an RRF (Rapid Reaction Force)

I don't think we should be using a Hindu name. Hindu is more Iroma territory. Not to mention that you're referencing Earth stuff, which we're not supposed to do.

Anyway, Yamatai could steam roll the UOC if it wanted to.

The assault model is what I want to make.

As far as a stealth variant I figger that is unnecessary. You could shoulod make a fighter or ship with stealth capabilitys.

Sorry about the lack of posting folks. Between needing to move out of my place and finding out my grandmother might have an anurism in her brain (and subsequently spending the weekend at her place) it's been an interesting week. Posting for you now. By the by, if this ever happens again (my lack of postage), somebody beat me upside the head with a big stick. It's happened too much already.

Karasu thumbed through the schematics for the power plant he found the part that was different.

Hey.... Karasu is not a him, she's definitely a HER... :P

Uh if you are trying to sneak through a base...you will not be wearing a suit of armor where normal sense can simply see foot prints and the like. you would do that MGS style, or using a substantially lighter armor with an emphasis on infiltraition as opposed to a recon craft.

You know... I've been looking through archives for this damn mission we did in K-wing a while back... like a year ago...

The gist of my post is to say: Unless the place has some really bad flooding issues or lush shag carpeting, the issue of being able to see foot prints is moot. Also it worked quite well when we saved those hostages. Ai+stealth+jets= high speed kick-to-the-head.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back