• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Uniform Updates for the Star Army of Yamatai

Hey, I've started a new awards page for Star Army of Yamatai characters. It's not done yet, but it's certainly looking good to me so far. Let me know if you have suggestions, comments, or want to make some awards artwork.

Yeah that looks like a really good idea, but where will the awards go, under the users picture like your rate, or it will just be awarded in a forum?

Awards are issued in your character's orders thread and worn by your character on the white dress uniform. They should also go in your character's inventory and can go in your character's biography.

oh right, I just thought it might be a nice idea to have a sort of an award for users as well, maybe that could be something to think about later B)

Anyway, I think all the awards look really good and they are all for very different things as well whichI like

I like this system. The numbers of medals and requirments will mean plenty are handed out, and everyone likes being given medals.

Uh, Wes, why'd rufus gain a conquest award when he wasn't the one who conquered the Lorath, whom actually bartered a treaty with the emperor.

They wouldn't have gone without the Sakura being there. >,>

I just have one question: Why is there a award for secret missions? Does that not defeat the purpose of it being secret? Doing the paperwork for a official award (which this is) makes yet another item that could potentially damage the secrecy of the operation. Same goes for anyone actually wearing said award, as someone/-thing who had observed the ward may have seen that person but had not previously connected them with the actions of the operation, further comprimising operation security.

Vesper, I think there was a discussion about that before. I think that if the character was secretely awarded, and if it wasn't something someone would be expected to wear, it'd be valid. But obviously you're correct, an award for a secret mission would be rather contrary to the point unless it was a well-known SAINT agent who would be expected to have one. Though "well-known SAINT agent" is sort of oxymoronic. Still, I think it could be done. I like the new medals.

Wes said:
They wouldn't have gone without the Sakura being there. >,>

That's true, but that was mainly because Rufus told them he'd blow them up.

That's not so much conquering, where the expedition leader makes the change of power, as it is bullying.

The secret ops award is there, but you'll notice that on orders, it just says "Awarded for an undisclosed operation" or something similar. Having one of these award doesn't identify SAINT agents; in fact, all of the Sakura crew will get one after mission 5 is done.

Maybe add a medal for getting a neutral world to enter into a treaty with the Empire, via diplomacy? ^_^ It would be a counter-weight to "Conquest". [/shameless self-plug]

Celia players: You'll all get medals the next time I get some free time. Request for them if you don't want me to miss any. Oh, and you only get medals if you actively participate. ;)

Question: Do you think it is necessary and/or practical Star Army members to be carrying around pistols all the time? Would it be better to only require them off-ship, or perhaps only on combat missions?

If there's an intruder, you'd best have your weapon on your person rather than leaving them laying around in your rooms, anyway.

The practicality of the act depends on how often and how likely the ship will be boarded. You could make it up to the captain. The situation would be different depending on where in the Empire the ship is, wouldn't it?

Personally, I like how it gives a hint of medieval flavor to the setting, only everyone carries around a pistol instead of a dagger.

Well, sometimes it is nice from a GM perspective to have the characters more vulnerable and/or less powerful. I mean, it would allow for more fisticuffs and scuffles, and a greater sense of danger and fear for a character in a dangerous situation.

If there is an intruder capable of getting inside a ship, it's probably fearsome enough to be something having a NSP 28-29 wouldn't be able to get rid of. Read: Power Armor, Mishhuvurthyar, Weapon-type Nekovalkyrja and related.

I think it would also depend on the function of the ship. A ship in regulat battle like the Sakura may need their guns on their person as part of their uniform. A diplomatic or salvage ship may not.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back