Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Uniform Updates for the Star Army of Yamatai

Ok so we just have a confusion in terms. I thought youbwere going fir a different uniform. Just allowing addition of pins and medals doesnt make it andifferent uniform, just a different standard for attached decorations, like regular day to day keep it simple but in official situations or when fancy dress is required you pull out the medals and fancy pins. I get you.

While I'm messing around with hats, there's been a suggestion of a white hat for captains and XO (white paneled command officers) so I came up with one:

cap SAOY complete alt white.png
Here's Hanako modeling it:

Type 35 Duty Uniform with white admiral cap.pngHanako YE 37.png

Last edited:
I like the idea of the white hat for officers. Since the uniforms are the same across the ranks this is a nice visual delineation that would look good at ceremonies and such.

Here's a concept for the anticipated return of the sweater top:

Sweater Uniform Type 37 small.png

• Colors matched to the standard palette used by the Type 35
  • New style rank enlisted patches on arm
  • Rank pin moved to historic non-centered position
  • Shoulder color panels removed
  • Tights added (I mean, if it's a sweater, it should be warm, right?)
I was thinking the design above could be a n alternate uniform that would basically be treated like the Type 35 Class B, but you couldn't use it for the formal occasions as a Class A. Although that probably also means I should ditch the rank badge for standardization purposes.

Anyway, your feedback is appreciated.

I like the sound of this. And the idea of the Type 35A being the more formal one makes sense too - it's far more traditional navy than the sweater types that people like. The stockings should definitely be optional though, since some players would likely prefer more skin. The only thing that I find off would be the lack of the shoulder panels however.

Though I understand it's easier to draw, they gave them a very distinctive sci-fi look. And without, the shoulders actually look a bit bare.

All for them, though like Cadet, I think they need the shoulderpads to look right. Also approve of having them be labels as the 30C.

I like this sweater uniform exactly as it stands. With out the shoulder pads.

It looks like an awesome combo of sweater with a corset over it. And well I'm DAMNED for it!

Thanks! I'm a big fan of recycling older SARP art to get new use of out of it.

Also, I've updated the Star Army Uniforms page. The old uniforms have their own pages again! Also, all uniforms are listed in chart form. The guide with the example images is below the chart.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back