• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Uniform Updates for the Star Army of Yamatai

If they have tails, I demand that they also have retractable claws. I have to also point out that though the saiyan trick is handy, being shoved or forced to the ground can still result on falling onto the base of the tail and produce discomfort or injury. I suggest that that hemosynth can more or less make the tail a non-issue when in armor. Just having it as a cosmetically covered hemosynth tentacle and have it retract or something would do the trick.

I still need to figure out pants for the new field utility uniform.

I was thinking something like this:
awww.511tactical.com.au_media_catalog_product_cache_71_image_9702e87b48d0d4926fff87634a7176d70.jpg

awww.511tactical.com_media_catalog_product_cache_1_image_9df782d4f4a4644f7f58c2971c0dd98ad93ba.jpg

Or this:

aairsoftbb4u.com_images_CPkneepadwithelbowpads11.jpg

Thoughts? I'd like to get this chosen so we can get a full-body image of it soon.

The kneepads look a little silly, but they would help break up the outfit a bit. Maybe if they were scifi-ed up some? I think I prefer the other example right now, maybe with more pockets.

Once upon a time in an army camp far, far away, I saw some tankers use zippered coveralls as semi-formal wear, it looked ok, especially when they simply added a belt so it looked like a 2 piece suit instead of coveralls.

Something like this:

asturm_miltec.com_images_91050900_gr_1_.jpg

The kneepads and elbow guards help a lot. They actually improve reaction time. When someone dives for cover, they actually hesitate first before diving to make sure they are not going to land on painful gravel, thorns etc. With the guards, people mentally assume that the guards are going to protect them from anything sharp and skip the ground check, letting them get into cover faster.

Last edited:
Okay, based on feedback, the pants will have integrated kneepads.

I was looking at Asura III and the Star Army's new base there is in the middle of a tropical rainforest on the equator. I feel like normal duty uniforms would probably be a bit too hot there. I was thinking about making some sort of Star Army Tropical Uniform that would be suitable for places with high heat and humidity.

I was thinking it would be short-sleeved, light colored (maybe the color of the current pants/stockings), and have a more open collar, maybe like the Coverall.

To be honest, I think something 'sporty' might be more in order. Considering the nature of the Star Army, both fashion and functionality needs to be taken into account after all.

I've been thinking about having the shoe color match the pants color (Star Army cadet blue) on the duty uniform. This looks decent and would help keep feet from blending into the page background in character art for the wiki.

I can see that for art purposes, but it's gonna look gaudy and unprofessional from a military standpoint.

Would a lighter grey boot be better? Maybe a soft brown?

I was actually thinking it would look more "sci-fi," like the uniforms from the original Star Trek movie (but more comfortable than their heavy spandex, lol).

I think a lighter gray or brown would be missing an important goal, which is to stay within the existing color palette if possible.

Also the Star Army already has cadet blue boots with the working uniform. There's a possibility of some sort of shared footwear if the duty uniform goes to cadet blue shoes.

Side note: We did discuss white shoes for the white pants but we decided against it.

This is regarding tropical duty uniforms, right?
If you mean post reply #813 and onwards, no. We were talking about the duty uniform.

No tropical uniform developments have happened yet.

I'm not so sure about that, assuming I'm even on the same train of thought. If this is regarding the Type 35 Duty Uniform, I think having them remain the current black would be a better idea. The contrast created looks better in my opinion. If it's the Type 30C, I would say the same. Cadet Blue looks too bright.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back