• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Interest Check USO Mercenary Tank Company

A

ArsenicJohn

A while back I had an idea for an armored division of Gunhand's Ragnarok PMC called the Reavers, based on these guys. I've been laying the foundation of a plot in 188604, and I am ready to see if there's actually any interest before I devote more time to making it a separate plot. The general idea is that the Reavers would take jobs from different governments to cause trouble for their enemies.

Maybe there's a planet with some Kuvexians, Mishhu, or something harassing the citizens and the army can't be bothered to go help. Maybe the locals are trying to start a rebellion. The government would then hire the Reavers to come in and put a 125mm shell up their ass. They would only be operating in border systems in Nepleslia or other places outside Yamatai's borders where mercenary work is legal. Sort of like Privateers tbh.

I have never actually been a GM before, so if someone would like to co-GM with me that would be awesome. If not, no problem. I'll give it a shot by myself.

I can always help out. But there's really not a whole lot of info to go off of, beyond it being an USO plot and your basic premise for the launch-point.

We're building out the Western Starmap now and I think there is a lot of room for this: There are colonies out there, Elysians keep destroying people's starships and Rixxikor keep landing on planets. It shouldn't be hard for Corgan to find a client world willing to hire him to help handle the Rixxikor problem.

Or it could be something as simple as Corgan negotiating security contracts with other worlds. Making deals to trade money for Reaver protection. I'm willing to help with pretty much any of this btw.

ALSO! (double-post) I'd suggest you not worry too much about getting people involved. Just RP and people will want to RP with you. Maybe just find one other person (besides me) that is interested in the plot and then start playing together. Just try and keep yourself open for new people to join if they express interest.

I might be interested. I'd like to get into at least one other plot, just because I like to try and post every day and right now my only plot isn't exactly allowing for that pace. However, my life is about to get obnoxiously busy and will remain so roughly through the end of March. Take that as you will.

To clarify, I'm not saying that I expect a plot that would allow for posting every day, merely that combine with the plot I'm already involved in it would balance out to once per day. Basically, I don't like logging in and finding out that nothing's happened in the last 48 hours.

Probably would be about one GM post every 5-7 days, unless I have a co-GM willing to post. I've tried to do a post every 2 days in plots I'm in and I always get behind for one reason or another.

Looking for at least three players. I suppose I could change it from tanks to a straight up Mercenary plot.

I still think you should aim for a small number of players, maybe just one or two. Keep it small and focus on having fun with just who you have. You can always branch out to more later.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back