• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

VDTF Orbital Defense Star Fortress

Edto Xar'Sivaree

Lizard Freak!
Inactive Member
Last edited:
And as an FM I removed that page as it was mentioned in the Vekimen history. Reynolds apperently asked Wes to reinstate it, so @Reynolds, if I am to use that page, as it is yours, please update it appropriately to be in alignment with the current state of the Vekimen Faction, or remove it yourself for being grossly out of date and incomplete. You did raise a stink about me removing it for those reasons, so I feel it only appropriate you fix it up.

I look forward to looking it over when and if you are done. Anyway, I need to go to bed

If it wasn't approved, then it wasn't approved. You're submitting it now, and right now it's not going to pass if it is actually held to the standard rules.

I created the page and you were supposed to fill it out. I asked you many, many, many, many times to give me the information to complete it or fill it out yourself, and you refused. If it is out of date or otherwise incorrect or incomplete, it's your own fault. It reflects the information I had available for players at the time it was introduced, by me, to the plot and SARP canon. It is already linked to on several other pages.

Are you saying Ametheliana failed at her job? She approved it before Wes stepped in and rejected for the aforementioned reasoning.
I don't think anyone's suggesting that but you with the quoted post. Looking back on the previous thread, it was approved pending people bringing stuff up further and then locked before the approval timer kicked in. I'm sure someone would have brought up Reynolds' points had the submission run a more natural course.

The last thread was so long because you say stuff like this and argue instead of listening to others. Reynolds brought up a good point that should be remedied, no need to throw shade. Just fix it.

you have all the info you need available to you on the wiki, or should at leást given I can just remove the page. You also keep using "refused". I refused nothing. Your page @Reynolds please finish it or remove it. You made the stink over it. It is far from being up to standards and I personally don't want the page anymore. Whatever is linked to the station could easily be linked to the vekimen history page starting at "The Station"

@Edto Xar'Sivaree I made it clear that I did t want you starting anything like this that resulted in your previous iteration of this station being denied after it's approval.

Please refrain from any more comments, it only serves to instigate and seldom emotions run high.

Also please refrain from making it personal, this is, after all, a tech submission thread.

@Reynolds Thank you for pointing out the flaws, I am still a junior NTSE, everything you have pointed out I will most certainly look over and take into account. Please refrain from making personal comments.

@raz Thank you for your input as well, cute SAINT agent. As I said above, please restrict comments to criticism over the article and not the criticising of individual mannerisms.

When I get home from work today I will be looking over the controversial submissions and render a decision in two days. I will be consulting my senior NTSE's and Wes/former NTSE Mod Doshii in order to make sure that if this submission is to be approved or rejected, it will have a good reason behind it.

Know that I will also be pouring over the original submission so as to fully realize and understand the reason for its rejection.

the amount of trouble I would get into for lying at that question is so absurdly high that it raises the question "why would I risk it" however I can provide the screenshot of when I asked last night after posting the. as talarn already asked me to get permission.

Resubmission is OK.

I'm requesting a checklist and an explanation of how the Vekimen who were refugees last year are now able to start work on a space station bigger than anything Yamatai or Nepleslia has.

I have looked over the original, rejected submission of the VDTF Orbital Defense Star Fortress and will take everything that Ame went through into account. I will request that any future comments and criticisms that are not helpful to the submission be excluded; please do not make things personal as this is a tech submission for approval/rejection into and from canon.

"The VDTF ODSF can house up to 9.8 million Vekimen, due to the Vekimens lack of need for personal space. It, however, has the capacity to comfortably house outside contracted help of species who require more personal space, reducing capacity down to 6 million. This is due to accommodating the personal space of other species."
Other species aside, the Vekimen currently number around less then 150,000. Has the species page yet to be updated with the sudden need for a station of this scale?

I have also noted that Black Star Industries, is currently still a WIP. Although I have read through the original submission and understand selling cheap arms/munitions, having support from external sources, and the will of a Vekimen can seldom make mountains move; I would like to, again for posterity's sake, have an explanation as to how they managed the feat of building this station that can fit 9.8 million Vekimen when they number in the mere hundred thousands.

Black Star Industries is not WIP. That was my mistake.

As for the population question. Why a station capable of housing so many Vekimen, when there are so few Vekimen in existence.

Vekimen breed like crazy at the worst of times. The population is going to start growing exponentially soon. Though this actually isn't the primary reason Khelena wanted it made.

Historically, the Vekimen spent about 1300 years Yamatai Years trapped on a 15km diameter space station. While at the beginning they had warships and the like to keep the station safe, over time those warships broke off due to a plethora of reasons. This left just the station, and a huge housing issue. Not only that, but the station was originally fitted for long range mining missions, so it was built to last several years without resupply. The fact that the Vekimen were able to survive so long I would accredit to their self made classification as a "Pioneer Species". They are tenacious, and cling to life rather tightly despite being immortal.

This station, the ODSF, is what Khelena thinks she would have preferred. A Station that is in all essence, a mega-city. This is not only a military instillation, but a bugout button ready to go. As I mentioned to Ametheliana last time I spoke to her about this, either over skype or in the thread I don't recall, the duration this station could go is an extraordinary undercut of what the Vekimen could actually push it too, given their approved historical timeline. Khelena knows the Vekimen are weak as a species. There are not many of them ((Right now)) and until she can rectify that properly, she is in a state of fear that someone will waltz along and try to kill her people. On the off chance she needs to escape the system again, she wants this to be capable of housing as many Vekimen as physically possible, while still being able to sustain itself in a variety of ways.

I would argue that given the capabilities of this station, it would be able to last far longer than 80 measly years without a refit if it were to find resources out in space.

That is the reason though. Sorry, thought I would throw in my thoughts on the refit cycle as well.

As for who is helping? The Gartagens are, last I checked. If nothing has changed, the Vekimen will be giving them exclusive mining rights to one of the planets in their system and in return they get all the assistance they need to build this station in an orderly time. Not only that, but in a recent conversation and agreement with USO, the Vekimen have handed over distribution of their weapons and firearms to the trade company working out of USO. This bring in a significant amount of money each month.

The Gartagens, as explained to me, while known for their warriors, are some of, if not the best natural engineering race in the setting. This is not including Neko engineers who are basically super computers. The Vekimen have the Sivaro's who are also extraordinarily intelligent who will be working in tandem with the Gartagens to make sure the Station is built primarily for Vekimen, but capable of comfortably housing other species, as explained in the article.

As for who is helping? The Gartagens are, last I checked. If nothing has changed, the Vekimen will be giving them exclusive mining rights to one of the planets in their system and in return they get all the assistance they need to build this station in an orderly time. Not only that, but in a recent conversation and agreement with USO, the Vekimen have handed over distribution of their weapons and firearms to the trade company working out of USO. This bring in a significant amount of money each month.

@Ira @CadetNewb @Centurion0507 @Zack @Alex Hart

Please confirm or deny this.

despite being immortal
I won't question this as it is an approved species. Have they been receiving food and other such required life-giving supplies from USO and the Gartagens, then?
Have their numbers increased as of the recent conversation/agreement with USO?

Vekimen won't die from old age? It looks that was a cliffnote added in a recent revision. When was that signed off on? It's a brief aside, that I think is worth at least getting answered quickly.

To reiterate: I'm not trying to start a fight. But I noticed that it seemed to appear back in late November, when I was under the impression Vekimen had been already approved. I saw it has been on there for some time, but I don't recall where this change happened or was approved.

I won't question this as it is an approved species. Have they been receiving food and other such required life-giving supplies from USO and the Gartagens, then?
Have their numbers increased as of the recent conversation/agreement with USO?

Officially there is no number increase. However, due to a past deal with Nepleslia before the events of the Interregnum made a bit of a rift between the two factions, Khelena purchased Agricultural equipment from Nepleslia and have been using that to maintain their food stores. Also, in a JP with the I'ee, they have obtained an I'ee Colony Station absolutely filled with enough food to support a colony of 35,000 I'ee, but the Vekimen can expand on that easily.

@Ira We are talking about a different station...

That being said I can not think of a reason why the vekimen would not be able to hire assistance in the construction of their this station

Officially there is no number increase. However, due to a past deal with Nepleslia before the events of the Interregnum made a bit of a rift between the two factions, Khelena purchased Agricultural equipment from Nepleslia and have been using that to maintain their food stores. Also, in a JP with the I'ee, they have obtained an I'ee Colony Station absolutely filled with enough food to support a colony of 35,000 I'ee, but the Vekimen can expand on that easily.

Please give me a link to this JP and, if possible, supporting RP for the purchasing of the agricultural equipment before the degradation of relations between the two.

Food fit for 35,000 I'ee aside, I do not know if it will support 150,000 Vekimen; I would think to maintain their enhanced genetic reconstruction they would need a constant amount of protein, vitamins and minerals. How would the added agricultural equipment keep up with the demand?

That being said I can not think of a reason why the vekimen would not be able to hire assistance in the construction of their this station.

I wanted to ask and clarify if the Gartagens are involved in the assistance of the construction. @Ira

Nations and peoples wishing to modernize and industrialize have in human history gone to other nations for aid training and guidance in such matters. The gun selling makes sense too

RPG-D RPGfix
Back