• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Rejected Submission Vorpal Catnip (TM)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I made this under the assumption that every Yamataian who uses this knows this. If they don't, I'm sorry but I'm not putting a warning label.

NMX Nekos, from all of the role-play I've seen, are not as in control or aware of all their bodily functions. When I was on the Aeon, NMX Nekos were unaware of their telepathic abilities nor able to control them save for one NPC who had learnt it slowly.

Last edited:
How about it affects nekos, but in a way that booze and other recreational drugs do: It has effects but, if desired, it can be purged and resisted.

I think trying to go into the "hows" is not really necessary and the article gives us enough to work with.

Wes, what you just said is how I envisioned it. The only way to deal with the handwavium of the NH-series bodies is to include a similar principle of handwavium. You can't tell me how the body works, so I can't tell you how the drug works (assuming I knew chemistry). All we need to know is that it works, here's what its effects are and if the user doesn't know he or she can purge the effects, that's not the manufacturer's problem because the manufacturer has never cared to put warning labels on its products.

^ That's good enough to satisfy my objection. You don't have to tell the Neko they can purge it; they'll just naturally resist it unless they actively drop their resistance. As long as it CAN be purged/resisted, which is the case here.

The article hasn't has any actual updates to show that Nekovalkyrja can purge its effects.

Also, it refers to the Nepleslian embassy, which hasn't been approved yet (Himiko offered an embassy exchange but we have yet to hear back from Nepleslia).

You should read the news more often, Wes. Just because the wiki page isn't done doesn't mean it isn't going to happen. And with the vagary of our dating system, does it matter?

The article hasn't has any actual updates to show that Nekovalkyrja can purge its effects.
Again, if they don't know they can, that's their problem. Not mine. I have already specifically stated here that, like any other drug, it can be purged. And like every other drug, it doesn't need a note to players about their handwavium abilities.

You should read the news more often, Wes. Just because the wiki page isn't done doesn't mean it isn't going to happen.
The embassy article is not approved, and the new post doesn't establish that it was approved ICly for construction (they're still working out the details it says).

Again, if they don't know they can, that's their problem. Not mine. I have already specifically stated here that, like any other drug, it can be purged. And like every other drug, it doesn't need a note to players about their handwavium abilities.
It doesn't matter what you state in the thread if you don't update the wiki article to match it.

>Nekovalkyjra discover intoxication
>This is really obviously going to go places
>Possible revival of dare parties inbound
>mfw

ai.imgur.com_ly6E8SX.png

This submission will be automatically rejected an deleted if the article creator does not update the article and post in this thread within 7 days.

Could that be extended to two weeks, Wes? Sigma mentioned he was just starting a Master's Program, he may be a bit busy here early on.

Could that be extended to two weeks, Wes? Sigma mentioned he was just starting a Master's Program, he may be a bit busy here early on.
No. I've already waited over 50 days for a reply.

There is nothing I can do until the Nepleslian Embassy is confirmed according to you. Even if I update this, I cannot make the Nepleslian embassy appear.

Wes, give him the time. Its not like there's any negative consequence for this submission sitting around any longer.

Rules are guidelines. What comes first is fun and productivity. People who adhere to to them without reason or exception experience neither of those things.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back