• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: The Wayward Wandering Medic (Ep 1.1)

Port

Fiend found himself being pressed up against a wall and looked rather shocked at first, but he rather quickly got his wits about him again. "The hell is wrong with you? You want a piece of me?" He reached down at his hip, but before he could do anything a voice called out.

"Hey!, I don't need you causing trouble Fiend." It was Clay, who by now had turned around and walked over to Quinn and Fiend, putting his hands between them and pushing them apart. "Don't go causing trouble." He glares at Fiend, but then he looks at Quinn with a cold stare "You need to back up and go."

Snake had turned his attention to this dispute as well. His hand was on his rifle strap. It was still on his shoulder, but he was ready to pull it at a moment's notice. Because of this his back was to Analiese, so he could watch for any sudden moves from this new guy.

Analiese doesn't hesitate as she sees them distracted. She quietly and quickly moves away from Snake, doing her best not to run into anyone as she walks down a corridor that is nearby, but still not in view of the others. She then starts to look for a place to hide, preferably a bin or even an empty crate, since this is a way station of sorts. She spies one not too far off and quickly climbs in, hoping she made it in time before anyone noticed her disappearance. She could care less if there was anything in it, save another animal...that would so not be good right now!!

((OOC; I know I know... Feel free to poke a hole in me... ._.; ))

Quinn was very glad his cybernetics didn't give away the direction he was looking, otherwise it would have been a hell of a lot more noticeable that he was watching the woman with this rough trio, rather than the trio themselves. He growled loudly at Fiend but before he could do anything concerning the woman Clay had to step in and attempt to seperate them. Quinn kept his hold on Fiend's shirt, turning his head just slightly so Clay would get the idea that he was possibly being looked at. "Once pretty boy here apologizes for running into me I'll leave you be." He said, straightening up more and squaring his shoulders. "That ain't too much to ask." And he made no move to grab any of the four weapons he had on him, keeping his free hand right where Snake could see it. After a long minute, and once the woman was out of sight, he released Fiend with a shove "Forget it." He turned around as if to leave and assumed a confused look. He pointed in the complete opposite direction that Analiese had gone. "Hey wait, uh, is she supposed to be running off?"

Fiend glared at Quinn, he had no intention of apologizing what so ever, and it showed. However things did settle down for a moment when Quin finally decided to walk away, but the moment he indicated that Analiese was missing the tension very quickly returned. Fiend was about to draw his gun, but Clay stopped him quickly.

"Damn it all...Fiend we'll go look for her. Snake keep an eye on this guy!" Clay shouted and ran off in the direction pointed out with Fiend following. It was uncertain if he really suspected something, or if he was doing that to quell the obvious rage that was showing in Fiend's eyes. Either way though an order was and order and Snake focused his attention on Quinn now and walked over.

"Don't go doing anything stupid, I got some questions for you Bud." The large Kohanian man said as he lumbered over. "And I'd rather not have to shoot ya'."

By this time Analise had found a small storage container that was mostly empty she could cram herself into. The container did not have an animal in it thankfully, but rather some boxes of Nepleslian wiskey which gave the container a strange smell, but at least she was out of sight.

Storage Container, Port Docks

Analiese could feel her heart racing as she settles into the container. It gave off an odd smell, something she never experienced before, but at least there was enough room for her to curl up in it and keep an eye out for the others. She doesn't know how long she'll have to stay hidden, but hopefully she can do so long enough for them to either give up on her, or look in other parts of the way station where she can get out and change her hiding spot. She keeps the lid up just enough to see out and watch, though low enough that she could let it drop and it keep her concealed.

She had heard the other man ask about her running away, but doesn't know that he pointed in a different direction than she took.

Quinn really hoped the woman had found somewhere safe and quiet to hide while he was busy standing here having a gun pointed at him. "I'd rather not be shot." He answered honestly. "As for questions I'm a traveling medic, I've got two guns I don't know how to use, two knives I also don't know how to use, not a penny to my name and I have no idea who your female companion is but I can only assume she had something she really wanted to do." He didn't give Snake long to absorb that information. "Judging by your clothing you're probably smugglers or bounty hunters of some sort. Usually you'd have your own ship, probably with smuggling compartments even if you're not moving anything." He paused to consider. "I would recommend checking there if you have them, as it's likely the last place she thinks you're going to look for her, since a hurt or frightened person usually tries to go somewhere they know or think is safe." He reached up to rub his chin thoughtfully. "You're really going to let someone like him give you orders? I mean. He wasn't smart enough to make that woman-sick companion of yours to watch the one woman he needed to, but you, you're smarter than that aren't you. I can bet you'd be better off leading your little gang, or if you want to suck up to your boss I'm sure if you go find her on your ship you can earn yourself his favor, instead of that magpie of a man he seems to like so well." He hoped the other would take his subtle suggestions and leave just long enough for Quinn to slip away into the depths of the station and hopefully collect the woman on the way.

Port

The Kohanian man gave Quinn a stern look as he went on his rant, throwing out answers to questions that had not been asked in what seemed like a panic. Snake was about to speak but Quinn continued on, the next few words he udder causing Snake to narrow his eyes, gripping his rifle strap a bit more tightly. When Quinn finally did finish speaking Snake shook his head some. "You must think I'm some kind of idiot. I see what you're doing here punk, you mus've been one of Alexius' contacts, he called ahead to have you on the look out for the girl to try and get her back. Well we wont let you, I'm gonna keep my eyes on you till we find the girl. So what we're gonna do here is go for a walk, you're going to stay in front of me and follow my instructions."

Storage Container Docks

Analiese would discover after about a minute of hiding, there was no commotion or signs that her captors had come after her. Of course they must've come for her though, so it would seem that they had gone the wrong direction. Clay and his crew were not slackers either, that much was obvious on the ship. They would likely search for her until they found her or killed her or something else got in the way, after all their own heads were on the line. Either way, if she only hid they would eventually find her, that much was certain, it was only a question of when.

Analiese can see that the three haven't found her yet. She eases out of the container and looks around quickly. She knows that she sticks out like a sore thumb because she is filthy while everyone else is rather clean...or at least a lot cleaner than she is. She can't blend in easily. Chewing on her lip, she looks for a restroom or some place where she can get clean that only females can go into. Her mother had told her that there were such things, even though they never went into them because it wasn't allowed.

As she walks along, she can smell food coming from an establishment. Her stomach growls and she walks through the open door and closes her eyes for a moment, savoring the smell. Perhaps they have a place where she could get cleaner, even if she can't eat just yet. Part of her is wishing she was back home...where she would always get at least something to eat. Opening her eyes, she looks around, careful not to look at anyone in particular or make eye contact.

Well it was a panic. Quinn really didn't want to get shot. While his coat and vest would possibly stop him from having a lovely hole punched through his chest, getting shot hurt and he didn't want to be reporting to this Captain Tanja with a giant bruise painted on his chest. "Who the fuck is Alexius?" His grouchy question was genuine though, and he waved a hand. "Well obviously if she went that way she's headed back to your ship. So why don't we take my suggestion from the first place and start there?" Run girl, Run, cause these idiots are just that, he mused to himself.

Port

"It's too late to play a fool now." Snake said as he motioned him to start walking away from the docks "Now why don't we find some place with less people?" There was a hint of malice and tension in his voice, he was really starting to get on edge and it was obvious he was not listening to Quinn anymore either. "Why don't you tell me who you'e working with? It will save me the trouble of beating it out of you."

Docks

Being that Waypoint was a trade station and not a tourist station there were a few people with less than neat and well kept appearances, but the majority of them were either in the midst of working, or on their way to get cleaned up, visitor and worker alike. However the smell of food distracted Analiese from her mission to hide herself and lead her to Rot Mädchen, though she herself was not paying too much attention when she entered to the name. The cafe was intentionally placed only a few minutes walk from the docks in order to get plenty of traveling customers.

Inside a few people looked up when they heard the door open, but most returned to their business only moments later, simply curious as to who was coming in. The interior was either entirely wood or made out of synthetics to get the appearance, it was hard to tell. There was also soft music playing for a relaxing ambiance while waiters and waitresses carried food to tables.

The only person who did not go about their business when Ana entered was Veronica, the red head proprietress who greeted her with a warm "Good morning." As she approached her. "Can I get you anything to eat miss?" She stood just over half a foot taller than Analiese with a rather athletic figure, but rather than giving off an imposing vibe, this woman was as warm as her bright red hair.

Rot Mädchen

Analiese looked around, noting that not many paid her much notice, which hopefully would be a good thing should the others come in here looking for her. She was still searching for a place to go clean up before she attempted to hide with eating, even though she had no way to pay. As she chewed on her lip to contemplate, she was approached by a woman that sounded welcoming and was not too much taller than she was. Looking up, Ana swallowed and nodded a little as she tucked her hands in her pockets. She murmured softly, speaking for the first time since she arrived, "I-If it's n-not t-too much t-t-trouble."

Ana usually doesn't speak, since sometimes she has a hard time with words, but once she is comfortable with whom she is speaking to, then her speech is normal. Biting her lip once more she asks, "R-Restroom?" Now that she might get something to stave off her hunger, she knows she needs to clean up before she can eat. At least her hands and face.

Oh great, now I'm going to have to shoot him, or stab him. Damnit. Last thing I needed. Quinn thought to himself and added an amused, But this goes to show he's as stupid as I thought. "Not going to let you do any such thing." Quinn grouched. "I'm not WITH anyone you ass. I don't know who you think I am, or who you think I'm not with, but all I wanted to do was distract your asses so the poor girl you three have could get away before you beat her too. Mission accomplished." Quinn had a feeling this guy probably wouldn't accept the truth either. "If you're right, and I do work for Alexius, and I do know where she's hiding, then you'd better not shoot me. Your boss would be very angry because I do believe he said to watch me, not shoot me." He walked though, just to keep Snake happy.

Rot Mäadchen

Veronica how tense the young woman seemed as she stumbled with her words. She offered her another smile to try and relax her a bit. "The restrooms are in the back, go ahead and use them." She made a gesture to a section of the cafe near the antique looking music player. There was a short hall that led to the restrooms, one for males and one for females. "Just head right on back there, you don't have to pay or anything to use them."

Port

Snake took Quinn with him as they began to walk through the port looking for a less crowded area and out of sight of everyone. Once he had found such a place he jammed the butt of the rifle into his back. "He didn't say I couldn't beat your ass senseless." He soon took a second swing at Quinn with his rifle "Learn to keep your nose out of other people's business boy!" He seemed rather angry, obviously the comment about wanting to help the woman escape only infuriated him.

Rot Mäadchen

Analiese nodded as she looked a little relieved at not needing to pay to use them. I guess maybe there are some that require payment? If so, what kind? She thinks to herself as she makes her way back towards where the woman had indicated the restrooms to be located.

She steps in and looks around, finding it odd how there's a sink as well and what looks to be some sort of dispenser for a clear looking liquid. Oh, soap! Smiling a little, Analiese checks to be sure she is alone and then starts to wash her hands and face, using the soap to get as much of the grease off of her as she can. She only wishes she could do the same with her hair, but it will have to remain as is for now.

Once she is done, she steps out again, looking around for the one who had directed her. She had dried herself off as best as she could, keeping her hands away from her clothes for now.

Quinn allowed himself to take the butt of the riffle to his back, but Snake's choice to use his gun as a club was where he messed up. He spun around, following the gun's arc so it both missed hitting him and was pointed away from him when he seized the barrel in the hand closest to it and kicked out at Snake's crotch with all of his strength. The instant he felt resistance under his foot he hauled back on the gun, putting his muscle to work and reaching for the grip in an effort to turn the rifle on the man holding it. Quinn didn't intend to fire on Snake if he managed to disarm the idiot, but he would be sorely tempted to anyway.

((OOC; Modified First Technique ))

Port

Snake struggled with Quinn over the rifle of course not wanting to let it go. The kick came unexpectedly however and there was nothing he could do about it, however the resistance Quinn felt was a little firmer than expected it seemed part of his foot connected with his thigh. Either way it was enough to pry the rifle from Snake's hands and cause snake to retreat a step, holding his groin. He did not stay like that for too long though, realizing that a rifle was likely pointed at him he moved to close the distance as quickly as he could so that the gun could not be pointed and fired at him, trying to grab Quinn while he was at it.

Rot Mädchen

Analiese stepped out of the restroom after cleaning herself up a bit to see the cafe continuing business as usual. Because there were never that many customer's in the morning Veronica was walking about chatting with the people that were there and having a good time. She soon noticed Ana was done and gave a light wave to teh person she was talking to before standing up and heading over to her. "Would you like something to eat? You look like you've been working pretty hard."

Ana looked down when Veronica came back to her. She bowed her head and said softly after she swallowed some, "P-Please, if it's n-not too much t-trouble." She stood there, looking awkward, being respectful in not meeting the other woman's gaze. Ana was not sure where Veronica would lead her, but was prepared to be shown into the kitchens. That was where most like her were served. Her stomach growled in response as well and Ana gasped a little, hunching her shoulders as if to hide. She wrapped her arms around herself. "S-Sorry..." she mumbled.

When Snake retreated so did Quinn, hastily putting distance between them so that when Snake did inevitably lunge for the gun Quinn had room with which to react. Quinn slid the rifle sling over a shoulder and kicked high and out, bringing his boot about level with Snake's face and letting the other man run into it. His hand slid into his pocket as he let that happen, fishing free one of his knives and dropping his foot to bring his fist around in an attempt to give Snake a good crack over the side of the head with the solid handle and knock him out.

Rot Mäadchen

Veronica tilted her head to the side as she looked at Analiese, she found her politeness a bit strange but she assumed she was just raised to be polite. "No need to apologize growling stomachs are what brings us money." She gave a warm laugh ans smiled "And bringing food to customers is what we do." She motioned Analiese to a table and showed her the menu. "Right now all our cafe items are available to order."

Port

Separating himself from Snake gave Quinn the time needed to react, however it took away from his own surprise attack as well. His foot was clearly seen by the approaching threat, and though he could not stop himself, he did manage to duck down and get himself under Quinn's leg. Quinn did manage to strike him before he could do anything else, but it was not enough to stop the man from pushing and lifting Quinn to try and slam him into the ground.

Ana sat at the table indicated and kept her features from betraying what was really going on in her head. She didn't smile at what was clearly a really great line given by Veronica. Looking over the menu, Ana could easily read most of the words, and the numbers could only mean prices. She chewed on her lip before asking, "Could I have water, please?" She figured that, at least, had to be free. She had no way of paying for anything, but could not tell Veronica that. Placing the menu aside, she leaned back and waited, not sure how she could eat without paying, and not wanting to steal just to get a meal.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…