• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: The Wayward Wandering Medic (Ep 1.1)

Veronica looked between the two youngsters during the exchange and smiled some. "If I didn't know any better I'd say that you two looked like a new couple." She chuckled lightly and gave Ana a pat on the back. "You do not need to call me Mistress on anything like that, you're not a hostage anymore." She then moved to head to a door in the back that would led them up a flight of stairs to the more private section of the building.

"I stay up here, and when there are guest I can trust I let them stay here too. Though so far it's only been Tanja." The upstairs area had a hall with three rooms on each side of the hall as well as one room at the end of the hall. It continued the theme from down stairs with nothing but rich wood furnishings with brass and red highlights like the carpet and door knobs."Here w go." She moved to the first door on the left and opened it revealing a guest room that was fully furnished and with a clean bed. "Do you think this will be okay?"

Quinn was gentle, catching Ana as she swayed into him and he had to bend a bit in order to pick her up bridal style, ignoring Veronica's comment about them looking like a newly married couple. He held the much lighter woman easily, cradling her a bit awkwardly as he retrieved the riffle from the table. That done and he followed Veronica upstairs, down the hall to the room she led them too and he glanced inside. "I'm sure it's better than anywhere she's been staying lately." He mused out loud, slipping through the doorway and into the room itself. He dropped the rifle on the foot of the bed and then laid Ana down it.

It was a quick matter to remove the knife, peashooter, and clip from the pockets of his coat and then Quinn tucked the warm, heavy fabric around her and pulled the blankets up to her chin. He didn't have to tell her to sleep, didn't want to really, but now that Ana was settled for the moment he tucked his peashooter into his vest, the knife into his belt and the clip into a pocket on his pants. "Thank you." He added to Veronica.

Ana didn't pay much attention to what Veronica said, for she was too focused on how Quinn easily picked her up and held her as if she were precious cargo. Never before had she ever been treated as such. She wrapped her arm around his neck to keep from being dropped as he picked up the weapon and laid her head on his shoulder while they made the trip upstairs. when he put her down onto the bed, she was once more taken by surprise as he was gentle when laying her down and not just dropping her. She felt like a child as he tucked the coat around her. She was tired, but still rather hungry, so her eyes stayed wide open as she watched Quinn for a moment before turning to Veronica.

"Yes...thank you." She was speaking to both of them and, for a moment at least, she felt safe.

One Hour Later

Ana had been given a proper meal and time to rest and relax and Quinn had been taken to the kitchen to help wash dishes so that he had something to do and wouldn't bother Ana's rest. Now that that had been settled Veronica lead Quinn back to Ana's room and knocked lightly on the door. "Analiese it's Veronica and Quinn, we need to talk about the situation now."

After allowing time for Analeise to get decent if needed Veronica opened the door and stepped in finding a chair and sitting in it. "I had a member of my staff look around, he got some word on the guys that you two mentioned and it doesn't look like they're just going to easily go back. Which brings us to the discussion about what you plan to do, you said you didn't want to go home, so do you have any plans?"

Quinn had gotten someone to go for his things while he'd been cleaning dishes for Veronica, not wanting to go out himself and potentially be caught off guard. When they finally went up to Ana's room Quinn had brought his things up with him and set them down inside the door. Needing something to do with his hands so he wasn't pacing the room he pulled his guitar free of it's case, settled on the floor by the door and muted the sound of the strings with a small strap of fabric so he could play without interfering with anyone being able to hear each other. "If she doesn't have any plans do you think Tanja would at least shuttle her to another port somewhere?" He asked Veronica. He didn't know what skills she had, so he was unaware of her ability for mechanical work on ships. "I'll fetch up the money for it if that's what it takes." He added, only wanting to see Ana make it off the station alive and in one piece.

Ana woke up from the knock on the door. She was feeling better with the nap and food, and a warm shower that got her hair clean, at least. Sitting up, she kept the blankets wrapped around her as the others came in and kept her focus on Veronica, though she was aware of Quinn.

"They're not going to leave without me. Not unless they know I am dead. I can't go back home. I have no one to go home to." She wasn't lying when she stated that, for the only family she knew was her mother, and sadly that family is no longer around. Looking between them, she said softly, "I don't know where else to go. But I can work for my keep. Wherever that may be."

Veronica glanced to Quinn and nodded "That is one option, but.." She turned her attention back to Ana now and offered her a smile. "If we just send you somewhere else to fend for yourself you might end up getting caught if they put out a missing persons poster for you. Space is too big a place to run around on your own without a destination too, there are some pretty bad people out there roving about." She took a moment of pause to let all that sink in before she decided to continue to her point.

"The best thing to do would be to find either a settlement or city to live in, or join a crew that you can trust on a ship. Either way you will need to have a skill that you can use either to make money or to help out the crew. So what kind of skills do you have?"

Ana looked at Veronica and listened to her, realization dawning on her that this would be a major change from what she is used to. She started to feel a bit overwhelmed by the fact that no matter where went, she'd have to keep looking over her shoulder. And though she might find a safe place to stay in a settlement or city, a ship would be a better place to keep on the move.

"I can fix engines. It's what I was doing before they caught me, though not on a ship. And I figured out their engine to at least get us here." Ana lifted a hand to her hair, still not too used to it staying clean for so long. She continued, "I can cook, somewhat, and clean. That's about it, though." She shrugged a little and lowered her gaze, chewing on her inner cheek as she realized that she almost started to sound as if she were trying to sell herself.

Quinn almost didn't seem to be paying attention to the two women, though he proved otherwise he had between ending one song and picking up the next. "Well I can't speak for either of them, but the captain Veronica is going to introduce me to might need someone who can fix up her ship." He finally lifted his head so it was clear he was looking at Ana "Or I'm sure Veronica could help you find another suitable job." He gave Veronica a teasing, and hopefully charming, smile. "She seemed to enjoy having me scrub dishes." He added.

"Hmm if she can fix engines and cook she might be of some use to Tanja. I can't have her stay here though, those men are still looking for her after all." Veronica stroked her chin and thought for a moment. "Analiese how would you like to join a crew of spacers who travel the sector looking for work and excitement? I can't guarantee amazing pay, but at least you'll have your freedom to live how you want and see the kioko sector."

Analiese looked up and met Quinn's eyes when he had addressed her, then looked over at Veronica as she asked her question, "Pay?" Ana was confused, for she had never been payed for anything she did. She was only given clothes when her others wore out or, as she grew up, when she out grew them. She looked at her clothes now, cleaner than before but still can see the stains of many months of grease and dirt and grime. The overalls were starting to look as if they could be used for rags rather than clothing, but Ana had no way yet to get anything new. Maybe now she could.

She nodded and said softly, "I think that would be...good."

Quinn regarded the pair of women and after a long moment he unfolded himself from the floor. Once he was on his feet he slung the guitar across his back with clear ease. He fetched his data pad from his pocket, navigated through it all and after another long moment he set the tablet down on the bed in front of Ana. He showed her how to flip through the pages of clothes displayed on the screen. "Find something you like." Was all he said for the moment. He stretched a bit and then slid his guitar up into his hands again. He settled against the wall to work through another muted song while watching over Ana's shoulder. He was more than willing to spend a little money on the woman if it meant she had clean clothes, and a few other basics.

Ana frowned some as he placed the data pad in front of her. She flipped through the pages of clothing and there were a few pieces where she paused longer than others. Dresses of various shapes and patterns catching her attention, but she shook her head, knowing that none would be practical for working. She found, of course, newer overalls and other types of clothes that would be better for her. She selected these items as well as some boots. She even picked out practical underwear, since that would be a good thing for her to have. She had none to speak of...since she was taken with only what was on her person.

Veronica nods some and strokes her chin. "Alright, then if you want to join Tanja and her crew it should be easy enough. Though she's not going to be stopping back here too soon. I got word from her while you were sleeping Ana, she plans to go to Dawn station for a little, look around it, and buy a few things. I've got something that you two are gonna have to deliver to her as well if that's not a problem. But before that we can get these clothes you want brought here. As well as any last minute purchases you want to make."

Ana nodded and set the data pad back down, having made the selections of what she felt was good enough for her to get. Curling up, she listened as Quinn played on his guitar, her gaze focused on his hands as she huddled under the blanket. She was hungry, but not starving, so didn't say anything.

"I don't see why it would be a problem to deliver something to her." Quinn said with a shrug. "Not the worst job I've been tasked with by far." He glanced to Ana when she set his datapad down and he stopped mid-song to pick it up off the bed and flip through her selections. He went through the ordering process, paying for it from his own funds and getting it sent to Veronica's on-station address. That done he tucked the datapad into one of the big pockets of his cargo pants and picked up the song right where he'd left it. "ETA for your new things is about three hours." He informed Ana. "You hungry?' He was hungry... always.

Veronica gave a soft nod. "While we're waiting for that, I can lend you two some clothes for a disguise, that way you two can explore the station some and not be cooped up in here. This station is sort of Tanja's home base, she likes coming back here, so best to get familiar with it. Of course that is is you two want to do it that is." She had a smirk on her face, obviously she wanted to play dress up with the two of them.

Ana looked between the two of them. Food and clothes were being offered to her. She contemplated it for a moment and then nodded. Slowly, at first, but then her head picked up speed as she continued and smiled shyly. "Okay...that would be...fun." Though she said it as a sentence, the last word was more of a question. She wasn't sure if that was the right word to use or not.

Quinn considered it, not exactly liking the smirk on Veronica's face, but waiting to hear what Ana had to say. When she gave her two cents he sighed and got up off the wall. He put his guitar away safely in it's case and settled on the foot of the bed. "Fun. Yes. I guess that is a good term for it." Quinn studied Veronica. "Fine, but I get to do her hair." Oh he knew exactly how weird that sounded, but he was far too used to helping his sister with her hair or makeup and it was obvious that Ana didn't have a clue how any of that was supposed to work. If Quinn was going to dress up in something not chosen by himself, he was at least going to have fun with it.

Veronica was rather surprised at Quinn's response to what was going on, he didn't look the type to know how to do hair. "Oh you want to do her hair? If you're any good you might make good husband material for someone boy." She chuckled a little at her own comment and stood up. "I'm fine with that, I don't do hair well myself, but she's gotta be okay." Come to mention it, Veronica's hair always seems to be down, even though she works at a food establishment, usually long hair like that would be a no go, but for some reason she wears it like that. "Anyway, I'll go get some clothes." She headed for the door and stepped out the room.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back