• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Welcome to YE 46!

It's a new year in the Star Army RP universe as well! The in-character (IC) year is now YE 46--the 46th year of the Empire--and it's the first month of the year making it YE 46.1. There's 9 IC months in the IC year and you can see them and what happens in them on the wiki page: YE 46.

The first major undertaking of the year will be for us to update and refresh everything for the new year. Game Masters will be updating all their pages doing a checklist we call the RP Review, which happens a few times each year and refers to updating plot history sections, character rosters, and wanteds/openings for their page. Game Masters will also be looking to start new RP threads set in the new year and JPs that were skipped due to the holidays will resume (Resurgence will tomorrow on the 2nd). What I would specifically like to see is that every forum on the board has a post made in 2024 within the next week or so. Things that have gone inactive will be cleared so that forum stays fresh.

Staff will also be going through the OOC management list near the end of the month to make sure whoever says they're running something is actually doing that and posting for it so if that applies to you, keep that in your head this month and just make sure all your little wiki houseplants are watered with the exilir of forum RP.

After careful consideration and looking at the recently thread of mixed feedback staff reached a consensus to preserve members' freedom to use AI art like images generated by Midjourney, mainly because we've historically allowed members to use whatever available tools exist to make art for themselves whether that's flash-based doll makers, random generators, purchased 3D models, and so on--and because a lot of people rely on these. That said, we will always prefer human art and will continue to commission human art and support the artist community to the extent we can with actual money.

Speaking of which, I will also be getting together a new project for art commissions and seeing what I can get a visual refresh for. When it comes to characters nothing beats a good ol' art commission. If you have a character who needs art maybe we can use this to do two things at once like illustrate your character and a uniform or an item or weapon or an occupation (e.g. showing people doing their skills). We voted to try to make a list of skills so these might be good for that and it's always nice to see a character doing something actively instead of just standing there. I have designated $500 for this project. Stay tuned for more information.
If you're an artist, whether you RP here or not, you're always welcome to post a thread in the Starlight Lounge forum with your prices and examples of your work.

Year-End Yule threads will be winding down and locked soon and we'll see what new Open RPs we can get going. The International Relations Conference (IRC) is this year and I want to start that by March 2024. This is when, every 2 years, the factions and their leaders get together at Reikan Park and/or Pisces International Station, and make treaties and negotiate stuff.

Thanks for making Star Army your little corner of the internet to hang out on. 2023 was a great year with a very positive vibe for us overall. I hope you have a great year here and we'll rack up a great list of RPs completed. See you on the forum, wiki, and Discord!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back