• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Where Do I Find Guns For My Character?

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
THE GUN SHOP

All light personnel weapons in the SARP that have pictures can be found at the page linked above (with prices, too!). Most of them have links to larger pages about the weapons, too. Hopefully even more to come (for example, the railguns that have been posted recently).

Last edited:
Your character can order them online from their manufacturers or gun stores, or go to a gun store.

thank you wes, that was a fast reply, one more question. it's about the Lg-23p and Lg-23a. there is only one version on the list of the store. Both were approved. (The one I wanted was meant as an attachment to other rifles as a light anti-electronics alternative.) I just want to know how much this would cost. (suggested was 450)

Lady Xerena said:
Suppose you actually like to make your own stuff, or your character is a Seelie or some other "low-tech" race that doesn't have nanoreplicators, or for whatever other reason that is not an option? I'd guess Arts and Vocational, but I'm not sure (especially in the case of a crossbow - which wouldn't be entirely useless, especially for sniping/assassination or launching explosive quarrels).

I'm still waiting...

Also, where/how could I get explosives and the like (incendiaries, perhaps?), and what are some common explosives (preferably including a few that a new character with Demolition skills can reasonably make, and a few that are really powerful, and a few special purpose ones - stuff that's good for directional blasts, pyrotechnics, moldable explosives, explosives that are hard to detect, etc.), or do I just have to make up explosives as I go?

A crossbow you could make yourself without much. Hell, I could make a crossbow -- it'd be crappy, but I could make one. Engineering skill is best for that.

Make up explosives as you go within reason. Military characters will have access to plenty of different munitions, where civilians will have to be more creative. Pirates are inbetween, I imagine.

Five questions:
1. By "in between" you mean they often plunder rather than manufacture their explosives?

2. For incendiaries, like thermite or napalm or WP (white phosphorus), or molotov cocktails and stuff like that, do I need Chemistry or could those be covered under Demolitions as well?

3. Can a Demolitionist, say, fashion her own crude bazooka rockets or RPGs, and maybe a crude launcher (I'm talking about a simple "dumb" rocket that just flies in a straight line or a ballistic trajectory), or other types of "explosive devices" such as mines or trip-beam bombs that involve a little more than just the actual explosives? I would assume that home-made remote detonators, time detonators or -insert sensor- detonators (assume the sensor is either already available or extremely simple to produce)?

4. What about simply using existing explosives, like C4 or even TNT, or antimatter or nuclear demolitions munitions, or rigging a ZPE cell, vehicle or other device to explode? I would imagine that most forms of sabotage would be covered between Demolitions and Rogue (and Technology Operation for hacking and malicious programs), but I might be missing something.

5. What about "destructive devices" that use something other than chemical explosives? Examples include a sealed container of liquid nitrogen or helium, nuclear/antimatter/aether devices, graviton-based devices, magnetic field based devices (like the warheads carried by the Scarabs released by Protoss Reavers, which rip apart stuff within the blast radius) and plasma devices.

Wes should really address these. But I'll do what I can, and take my lumps from Wes as needed.

Lady Xerena said:
Five questions:
1. By "in between" you mean they often plunder rather than manufacture their explosives?

Something like that. Steal them, fashion them, so on. Manufacturing is, after all, an organized process, and pirates usually lack that. They might have a crude proprietary system they use to create their own explosives, but chances are slim for that.

2. For incendiaries, like thermite or napalm or WP (white phosphorus), or molotov cocktails and stuff like that, do I need Chemistry or could those be covered under Demolitions as well?

If you're going to make that stuff, Chemistry and Demo. If you steal it, just Demo.

3. Can a Demolitionist, say, fashion her own crude bazooka rockets or RPGs, and maybe a crude launcher (I'm talking about a simple "dumb" rocket that just flies in a straight line or a ballistic trajectory), or other types of "explosive devices" such as mines or trip-beam bombs that involve a little more than just the actual explosives? I would assume that home-made remote detonators, time detonators or -insert sensor- detonators (assume the sensor is either already available or extremely simple to produce)?

A demolitionist can probably fashion that stuff given the right tools and ingredients. But ... it's probably a military character that can do it.

4. What about simply using existing explosives, like C4 or even TNT, or antimatter or nuclear demolitions munitions, or rigging a ZPE cell, vehicle or other device to explode? I would imagine that most forms of sabotage would be covered between Demolitions and Rogue (and Technology Operation for hacking and malicious programs), but I might be missing something.

Those kind of "medium explosives," sure. But those other things are going to be very strict demolitions, and military at that -- and they probably will be exercised with GM approval. You'd probably have to pitch your idea to make sure it fits plot wise, neh?

5. What about "destructive devices" that use something other than chemical explosives? Examples include a sealed container of liquid nitrogen or helium, nuclear/antimatter/aether devices, graviton-based devices, magnetic field based devices (like the warheads carried by the Scarabs released by Protoss Reavers, which rip apart stuff within the blast radius) and plasma devices.

Again, strictly monitored for plot purposes. But is it possible? Sure, if your character (still waiting!) is a Minnie May-style bombfreak.

1163756285171.jpg

Which, if you made a Minnie May-style bombfreak, I'd fuckin' love you. Seriously. 'Cause Gunsmith Cats is only the coolest manga of all time.

My character (which I find I keep having to revise, though progressively less so with each passing day) will be about one-third bombfreeak and one-third ninja, with the remaining third focusing on leadership and rogue skills. She will also have skills in the Mathematics area (it's easier to RP knowing stuff you actually don't than vice versa).

Molotov cocktail requires fairly little knowledge of chemistry.
Thermite doesn't require that much more than molotov cocktail - just get some powdered aluminum and powdered iron oxide, mix well in a large saucepan, and for the love of -insert whatever you believe in here-, DO NOT attempt to simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes!). However, thermite is also sometimes used as a heat source for welding and other purposes, and may well be easier and/or cheaper to obtain than the necessary ingredients to make it yourself.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back