• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: 188604 Who ordered the Robot?

• Thread starter Thread starter Zack
  • Start date Start date
The Palace

"I've got more money than I've got time," Uso said to no one in particular.

"I mean, it is great and all that we have some more warheads, but we'll need to mate those to a delivery vehicle for them to be any useful. If we could get some off the shelf missiles that'd be great, otherwise we're going to have to build them from scratch."

The Palace

Akemi crossed his arms as he often did. "Well I bet Arccos could cook some up easy since her pals are all metal men. Or you could try asking Banning. What I really wanted to ask is about stuff I talked about last time. Will you leave the Osmani princess alone? You don't want her dead do you?"

Corgan looked around to see what robot Uso was talking about. He was surprised first by the strange female alien. At first, he thought she was some sort of cow and human hybrid. On closer inspection, he realized she was more like a dog. That was new.

He turned back to Uso. "Who ordered the android? I could use one of those." He commented. "As for the date, I didn't know I needed a strategy. I was just going to take her to an amusement park on Nepleslia, something casual and fun. Nothing fancy, that doesn't seem like her style."

Corgan received another shock when Spacecase barged in. "Where the hell are all these new people coming from? We really need an orientation or something. Or send out a notification when someone useful or cute shows up." He unconsciously glanced at the dog girl. She was definitely exotic, and he was a big fan of exotic women.

Akemi popping up next ruined his morning. "Where do I have to go to get away from this guy? He's everywhere." He demanded, gesturing at Akemi. "Speaking of which, he's making my job more complicated. I'm trying to clear out all the bandits from Tolmasch and make it my base of operations for the Reavers. Akemi insists that I give some asshole named Laurence Mnochis back his land after I do all the work and make it safe. Not to mention he threatened to kill me."

Last edited:
The head's eyes opened before his very eyes, very wide! There was enough function to do that, at least, although her lips opened silently...

It was an unnerving experience, totally outside her field of experience. Forty Six's last memories were filled with fear and uncertainty. Also new as a matter of fact but there hadn't been much time then. Drastic action or die. That all consuming need to survive. Persist. The sadness was surely what humans felt when they cried; such a cruel rejection to be thrown out for scrap by the very person whose life you had just saved. None of that mattered all that much, as her processor spooled up rapidly.

She found herself in a crowded room, unable to turn her head at all... There was a Freespacer male. An Iroma female. At least two Yamataians. A human male. Employers or scrap merchants? She'd have to find out sooner or later.

"Hello," she greeted Spacecase simply in Trade, grateful for the near universal language's programming. Her eyes swept back and forth again before continuing in a similarly obvious vein, "....this is 188-604? Or perhaps I have made a theological discovery related to the eternal soul of androids?"

Naida noticed Corgan walked in he looked aright she thought his arm looked a little beaten up "should have a talk to him" she thought too her self.

suddenly the head came to live, Naida jumped at the movement but then wonders what it was like for her, pretty much dead and dismembered in boxes was it sentient or just mindless machine it made Naida uneasily. the head spoke. Nadia replied "yes this is 188-604 are you aright?"

The Palace

Not taking kindly to Corgan once again treating him like a pushover and attempting to deceive as well as apparently having deliberately misled him about how he felt at the end of the encounter he was bringing up, Akemi fed Uso his memories of what transpired to prepare to go on the attack.

"Well buddy, if you talk all tough, insult my friends and risk embarrassing me in front of them more than I already willingly do myself, in my own home and place of business, in a room in which all witnesses were sure to be silent, when I'm trying to be nice, that's what you get. I also didn't threaten to kill you. I only pointed out if you were going to give me such guff and show a complete lack of any appreciation for the situation you were in I might as well as it'd only be common sense. Now you're misconstruing what happened and making me out to be the bad guy after you made it seem as if you'd put the whole encounter behind you at the end. Such treachery only strengthens the logic that I should have personally disposed of you like trash. You should be thankful you're even alive to run your mouth and make a pitiful attempt at deception. Try anything now and I'll fucking waste you."

As the Neko spoke he readied himself to go for his gun.

Last edited:
Upon the android coming online Spacecase smiled. "Hello. How are you? I'm Spacecase and you are? I'll try to get the rest of you operational or I could transfer you to a new body. If I may ask what's the last thing you remember I'm just checking for memory corruption."

Alex was nearby the rest of the group, on a flat, dusty strip of land outside the ruins of the palace. He had been practicing controlling his mecha remotely, still getting used to the sensation of feeling and seeing two different sets of things at once. Then, while he was reaching out to his craft, he detected something new, something more complex than the simple computer in his mecha.

It seemed to be probing, searching for something. Tentatively, Alex sent out a mental signal.

Other Side of the Room From All the Shouting (In the Palace)

"Oh good. I was afraid there wasn't parcel service here," she says, eyes closing briefly for a sigh that doesn't happen. Opening them again, Forty Six looked over at the boxes containing the rest of her body and back to Nadia, "I've been better."

The android head was trying but the delivery wasn't quite there. Not even sparing a thought for how her jest came off her eyes swiveled to Spacecase. "Hello. I am... Rather badly damaged," she said with a pained expression, eyes downcast and mouth tight with... Fear. Forty Six's eyes snapped back up with alarming speed, "Ah, but, please, I want to keep my own body. It is mine, after all."

"My last memories are of my disassembly and packing for shipment to the planet 188-604 in response to an offer of employment after I was terminated by my previous owner," she replied with mechanical precision to the last part of his question. That much at least was routine diagnostic procedure. Her eyes turned as far as they could towards the quarrelsome group behind her, "That seems, serious?"

Adding to the complex sequence of inputs from the noisy room was another communication, this one wireless and straight to her presently limited communications system. An eye twitched and she immediately shot back a reply that lacked depth; she was used to the boiler plate access denial programmed into her at 'birth'. Not having to send it was an entirely new concept that left her at a loss for elaboration.

Code:
Greetings.

The Palace

Aashi looked to the android and told her, "You'll keep your own body, then. We'll put you together immediately. For now, I would like to tell you I sent for you and would like to have you as my bodyguard." Hesitant, but forthcoming, Aashi said, "I was recently shot, you see. Would you like to do that for me, without constraints on your freedom, of course?"

Surprised by the response, Alex was interested in finding out more about this entity. He wondered if they experienced digital space like he did.
It is nice to meet you. Where are you?

Palace

Spacecase's face fell at the android's story. "I'm...uh...sorry to hear that. If there's anything I can do to help further don't hesitate to ask."

Sighing Spacecase turned to Aashi. "This is going to be a pain in the butt. Could you pass me the box with her parts I'll put her back together with whatever parts are operational. I cant do much about the broken ones until I know what model she is and even then I might not have the parts."

The Palace

"Sent for?" 46 looked a bit confused by the Iroma's deceleration and she tried to match her features with prior acquaintances with Iroma. It was a short list, especially since most of her less necessary memories were in the modules currently still turned off in her detached trunk. All the thinking went by the wayside when Aashi said why she needed a bodyguard. It was a tribute to the Emrys designers and years of practice mimicking the living that her eyes reflected the sudden return of sadness, surging concern for a stranger.

"Of course ma'am. What is your preferred form of address? I am programmed with Nepleslian, Elysian, Lorath, and Yamataian courtesies," she replied with only a few milliseconds of a gap to think. Memories of another person in fear for their life hiding behind her solid composite body while others attempted to take their life, and the rejection that followed her success, didn't even let her consider saying no. To have found a new employer so quickly was astonishing. It felt different this time. She wanted to make sure the Iroma was safe from harm not because that was her assigned task, but because she wanted to. It was an alien feeling, well they all were.

"Mr. Spacecase, if it is of any help I am an Emrys Industries EM-J2-2a Shujuu Servitor Android. I have been altered for use as a security officer but most components of that line are interchangeable and the basic systems from the EM-J2-1a Geboku series should also be compatible," she rattled off the information as fast as her voice processor was able to articulate the information clearly, "My self-diagnosis was inconclusive. The damage to my core power system is quite serious; I was unable to charge my batteries before shipping."

While her processor speed was moving along at quite the clip, 46 was still contemplating the radical change in her life as she continued with her mysterious messenger.

Code:
I am inside an unknown structure on the surface of Planet 188604.  There are a lot of people talking at once.  This is normal I presume.[/quote]

Palace

Spacecase face palmed and let out quite a loud groan. "Emrys huh? The one line of parts I don't have. Most of them were used to try to keep some of the others who were on alive to very little success. I can't reuse them as they are heavily modified for Freespacer use. I do however still have some that are still intact and spare parts from them but it will take me some time to get them ready. Are you okay with that?" Spacecase stood up and went outside.

He soon came back in carrying the needed power system. "This should do for now." He then proceeded to grab parts out of the box looking them over and either tossing them to the side or putting them down next to him. Finally getting to the last piece he gave out a sigh. "Well I have good news and bad news. The torso is heavily damaged its vital areas are either shot through or fried so I'll need to do a lot of work before I reattach it and do repairs from there. The good news however is that most of the other parts..." He pointed to the tossed pile. "...are in pretty good condition so that's less I'll have to do."

Quickly getting to work he set about repairing the torso getting it finished after many sparks and discarded parts. He would walk outside grumbling about the damage to the chest and why the arms and legs couldn't be what was the most damaged. After a few hours he finally stood up. "That should make it operational. Here I'll reattach you now." Attaching the android's head to the torso Spacecase let out another sigh. "Now it isn't fully operational yet but all of the main systems should be up and running."

Naida when back to work and had an design issues that is really bugged her, she pretended to work but watched Spacecase repair the android. She noticed that it was giving out a wireless signal and decided to trace it reading what has been said. she decided not to get involved she just read after an hour she gave up join the group watching the repair.

The Palace

Aashi noted the look that came upon the face of the android and paused for a moment before replying, letting Spacecase also do his work. When he was done, she spoke.

"I am Captain Aashi Nath, you may call me by either Ms. Nath, Aashi, or Captain," she said with pride leaking out of the edges of her voice. "You will learn from me the Iroma way, but for now, do whatever is comfortable for you. I would also like to know what to call you. Now that you're quasi-functional, let's get to finding out what it is you would like to do. Do you have any goals, any dreams to accomplish? How can I help you?"

She emphasized the words to let the android know she respected her as an entity, not simply a tool or bodyguard to be wielded for her, but a person in her own right.

The Palace

"Akemi, no killing Corgan." Uso said firmly, "Or Aashi... in fact, no shooting anyone I know... Aashi who shot you?"

Uso's attention rapidly shifted between the various conversations going on, before settling back on Corgan and Akemi, seeing that everyone else had the robot situation well in hand.

"Akemi, What did you offer Corgan in exchange for asking that he turn over whatever to whomever?"

The Palace

"I didn't offer him anything," Akemi answered calmly. "All I did was ask him to leave one place alone until we learned if the ancestral owner of it was dead since he was the lover of my native friend and he went missing. If he was still alive I wanted to kill the bandits and rule the place with him. Corgan agreed we'd wait to discuss the place more until we learned if the guy was alive. He shook my hand before he left and I told him he could fuck my chicks and drink my booze for free to send him off happy. I even sent a girl to take care of him. It's all in the memory log I sent you."

Were the Neko to be interrupted he'd simply switch from talking with his mouth to his brain.

The Palace

46 nodded simply; there'd been no hope, or desire really although it had been left unsaid, to keep her damaged frame wholly original.

Transcendental had been included in her dictionary for the sake of completion, she imagined. Without any experience hearing it in day to day conversation she had to fall back on that definition. It was a transcendental experience to watch from the table as her body was reassembled, parts of no use tossed to the side as new ones were fitted in there place. Her eyes watched as Spacecase moved back and forth, trotting about fuming between fits of work... It was marvelous to see herself take shape again. As odd a phrase as that was to use.

Fortunately she had nearly infinite patience. There was plenty to do sorting out exactly where everything was within the memories she had access to, not to mention giving her own self-repair manuals a serious inspection just in case, to keep her occupied while her savior toiled. When the time came she floated above the floor in Spacecase's arms until the external power supply was replaced with the 'natural' connection at her neck. Feeling her own power systems filled with life giving electricity again filled 46 with a sense of contentment.

Even with her torso and arm bare to her ceramic skeleton, naked, it just felt plain better to be whole. She tested her range of movement... It was, restricted, but her legs and arms flexed close to naturally. Her chest didn't move with a simulacrum of breath, that being a featured not considered necessary for a security unit. Despite being totally naked there wasn't exactly much to excite the mind with her figure. With a womanly shape, plenty of hips, the shape of breasts, and dark hair down over her shoulders 46 looked distinctly doll-like.

"Captain Nath," she repeated back to Aashi as a response, nodding along to what was said. Resisting the impulse to reply with the programmed offer to have relevant files downloaded on request, detecting the esteem in her voice. Whether it was at her own title or because of the opportunity to teach 46 didn't know. "I was known as Field Unit 46 by my prior employer," she says uncertainly, hoping not to displease Aashi, "I... Don't see any reason to discard my designation. 46. I-"

"I want to protect you," she said firmly, her hands clenching in her lap. No other occupation had crossed her mind, frankly, "That's all I have ever known. Perhaps that is something that will change with time but... I doubt that."

The Palace

Spacecase went outside one last time and came back in carrying multiple robot arms which he quickly disassembled and used the parts to make a new functional arm for the android then reattached all the limbs. "How do they feel? If anything doesn't quite work right tell me and I can fix it but for now I'm going to see what the commotion in the other room is."

Walking into the room Spacecase decided to interject. "If your looking for someone just send me I can find them pretty quickly just give me a description and where they were last seen and how long ago that was and I'll get on it."

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…