• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: 188604 Who ordered the Robot?

Since the last transmission he had received, Alex had been tracking the source of the signal by wandering in whatever direction had improved the connectivity.

Having reached the room in the palace where events were unfolding, Alex instucted his craft to land nearby before entering.

The Palace

"If you're built to protect, I'm sure you'll do just that. Protect me, then, 46, and I'll show you the wonders of the universe. And if you fail me, I'll still hold you dear. And if you keep me safe, I'll hold you just as close to my heart. You can do no wrong by me, of that I am sure." She took a long moment to study the fine, doll-like features of the android and smiled, excited to be able to teach her about life as Aashi knew it, then continued to tell her, "I would like to invite you to meet those around you and get to know them. Come, let's meet Uso."

Engaging Uso right after Akemi had spoken, she said, "I have to agree with Akemi in most instances. This is 46, Uso. She has eyes the same color as yours, which are both more than beautiful. I did get shot," she relinquished the information not because she wanted to, but because she had to. "It was difficult for me to heal without access to prajna, but I made a recovery aboard the Pumpkin Eater, out of sight. There was no way to track me back to your planet, though, and am safer here than I am anywhere. If I do need to go off-planet or deal with the corruption and discontent here, though, I believe 46's presence will be invaluable."

The palace

"Aashi, Do your people need some special chemicals to stay alive and heal?"

Uso then turned her attention to Akemi,

"And you clearly aren't offering Corgan enough to put up with you. Play nice and renegotiate terms."

Then it was Corgan's turn,

"And you, how can you go in without a plan? What if she is wearing shoes that aren't appropriate for a Nepleslian Theme park? What if she doesn't like the food there? What do you do if the date goes well?

The theme park is a good start, it is safe, lots of people around, and fairly non-committal. But you barely know Arccos and you should have a backup plan. Have a nicer option in mind in case she doesn't go for the theme park or in case she over-dresses and you have to plan around that.

You also need an exit strategy. A nice hole in the wall place to take her that's quiet so you can wind down from the initial activity.

If things go well you better have cleaned your place... Shit... Do you have a place? Do we need to get you one?"

Alex entered into the main room, taking a quick inventory of his surroundings before shooting off one last message.
I just entered the room. Can you see me?
Taking a moment to examine the digital landscape, he determined that the source of the strange activity was coming from whatever it was that everyone was clustered around.

46 had the grace to look awed, rather then simply stunned, as Aashi promised her such extraordinary grace. Words failed her, having never been spoken to that way before she merely nodded firmly to signal her understanding. The name was familiar from the flyers; in all honesty she had expected to plead with the mercenary leader for a job if she hadn't been thrown straight in the trash to begin with. Following her Iroma mistress she kept silence as the others worked through their... Difficulties. Apparently they had several operations running simultaneously that required her attention.

Standing patiently at her Captain's side, she noted that the nekovalkyrja did share a similar eye color to her own. It made since, 46 supposed, considering her features were supposed to be a composite of regular Yamataian features. Having so much trust vested in her so quickly made her straighten. 46 looked as serious and guardianlike as it was possible to manage while nude. "I will do my best, Captain Nath," she murmured as Uso outlined strategies with the man about, whatever it was they had planned.

Code:
Negative.  I am being introduced to Uso Tasuki.

The thought of another sapient android on this planet intrigued her. Perhaps they would have more insight into this condition known as life, or maybe they hoped the same thing of her... It was less that people were clustered about her, now, and more that she was part of the crowd. The naked robot towered over by the statuesque Iroma pirate.

I see. I am coming in there.
Alex sent. He was eager to meet someone who was able to interact with the world the way that he did.

As he entered the room, he took a glance around, and seeing the nakedness of the android, quickly averted his eyes. Now staring at the ceiling of the room, Alex asked, "Whats going on?"

Palace

Seeing a new person walk in Spacecase walked up to him. "I just finished repairing an android and it appears that some of our peers seem to want to kill each other over a small matter. You people amaze me with your 'problems'. I'm Spacecase by the way. Who are you?" He extended a hand to the newcomer.

Corgan tried to ignore Akemi's antics, but he really didn't like the guy. Who did this guy think he was, waltzing in after the hard work was done and expecting to be a king or something after just a few days? Ragnarok had been here for months before he came. "Don't worry, if he kills me I'll just come back. I may not remember who killed me but I'll find out." Corgan informed Uso.

He moved to address Akemi, noticing Akemi's hand moving to his gun. ""Go ahead, pop star. You may be a Nekovalkyrja, but don't think that intimidates me. Doesn't mean you can kill me easily either. I turned down your Neko friend. I guess I did accept your offer of free drinks, but that doesn't mean that I like you or that we're cool. We will never be friends. Nothing that I said was a lie. You did threaten me and you are making things more difficult. I'm not about to just abandon my plans for someone I barely know because his pets are going to be unhappy. For both our sakes, I hope Mnochis is dead, that way we can go our separate ways and never have to talk to each other again. If the guy is alive, we can talk terms. If you make me a good enough offer, then you can have the place. Deal? A good starting offer would be clearing a region of bandits for me and paying for my base to be built."

Corgan turned back to Uso, annoyed that Aashi automatically took Akemi's side, but he decided to let it go. He would just have to prove himself to Aashi and earn her trust. "I did plan on asking her some questions about what she wanted to do, you know. That's better than guessing randomly. Any suggestions about a place to wind down, though?" He asked hopefully. "I don't have a home yet, now that you mention it. I guess we could spend the night at my mother's place if it comes to that."

Until now, he hadn't noticed the naked gynoid in the room. "Looks like you got her up and running. A Shujuu, is that right? I might have to get myself one to help me stay organized. Nice to meet you, 46." Corgan said, holding out a hand for her to shake. "I'm Corgan. If you ever get tired of protecting the pirate, you can come work for Ragnarok."

"You sure did lie," Akemi corrected stiffly. "You said I was trying to get you to clear land and give it to Laurence. All I asked was that you leave it alone until we knew if Laurence was dead. You were literally asked to do nothing or do whatever you want somewhere else. Now you're acting like I owe you something. Since when do I have to offer you anything for anything? Last I checked you weren't Uso and I'm not the one that just lied to her."

"OK, this kind of informal deal thing only works if everyone is on the same page.

Clearly you two aren't. So act like normal people and negotiate a contract. Write down what each party is providing the other, along with whatever penalties for termination you think are fair." Uso said sternly. "Akemi, Corgan is the one that holds all the cards here. Don't squander the good will you've built up by picking a fight with him. This planet has plenty of land and worse case scenario your Laurence friend can setup shop somewhere else."

Uso then turned her attention to Corgan,

"And YOU!, don't ask her where she wants to go. You'll come off as bland and annoying. Give her an option for a place to go, and then judge her reaction. If she hates it have another suggestion in mind. You'll be expected to lead as far as 'what to do' is concerned...and honestly the theme park is a pretty good idea.

As for winding down, consider a small coffee shop... your mother's whore house may be a bit much for a first date."

Last edited:
"Well maybe you're squandering your goodwill right now buster," Akemi replied. He had already gotten tired of Uso's general generic, obnoxious, blase, tough guy attitude. Now it was coupled with Corgan's garbage. If this was how she was going to behave she might as well have been left to die at Freehold. "What makes Corgan so special? Did he ask for permission to do anything? So far the only thing I'm willing to offer is to let him suck my fat, barbed dick."

Last edited:
Palace

Seeing that the situation was escalating quickly Spacecase decided it was time to step in. "Gentlemen is this anyway to act in front of new coworkers? How about women? This is just unsightly, now if you two will just calm down we can talk about this like civilized people."

"I don't think that's a big enough offering to get Corgan on your side here." Uso replied, "Corgan is special because he has something you want. You'rd gonna have to pay for it, and if you'rd not going to spend good will that you'be already earned then you'rd gonna have to offer something a lot more real.

Don't take it personally.

You don't have to like each other to both get what you want, but if you just wanna bruze each other's egos then I'm not really needed here."

Yet again Akemi was confronted with blase garbage. It sure would be nice if Uso actually explained herself instead of doing her best to appear detached at the expense of any appearance of substance. "Since when does he have anything I want? I don't see his name on Tolmasch anywhere. Has he even done anything there yet? Is there some prior agreement you made with him I don't know about?" The Neko was really starting to wonder where simple logic like clarifying what you meant disappeared to.

"He has a bunch of tanks and AFV's out there right?" Uso asked, "Having a small army someplace pretty much means you own that place. I mean if he doesn't have anything over there then why are you even asking him to not do something with the stuff he doesn't have?"

Spacecase coughed loudly. "Ahem! If the man who owns it is still alive would it not still be his? He did pay for it and sign a contract did he not? If he did merely taking the land will upset a lot of people and my friends Sans says relations are already pretty tight between the USO group and the locals and that at least one rebellion has happened."

The Palace

"Would you mind me going to get myself healed fully with some bundles of money to bring back Iromakuanhe goods, Uso? Maybe even using that money to buy salavage, as well?" Aashi asked her, having heard Uso state that she had more money than time and knowing that some things from the Iruotl System would be more than helpful in getting the planet on its feet. She was welcome back in certain parts of the Iruotl System, but wondered if her family would be a part of that welcome wagon.

"Akemi wants to help the man that owns the land retain it and Corgan wants to take it away from him. This is pretty cut and dry, Uso. The both of them should be willing to work together to bring this piece of land into the fold of Uso's empire, regardless of who owns it. You've also given Akemi the right to create kingdoms whereas from what I can tell Corgan is meant to do the conquering for you, not himself.

"This isn't complicated and I feel like Akemi is getting tossed around and told three different things when he should be able to secure the land from his friend's friend and if Corgan wants in, he can do so by being the brute force that pushes the locals around to do as you, Uso, says to do."

Ending her tangent, she turned to Spacecase and said, "Where are you from?"

The Palace

Spacecase turned to Aashi. "If your talking about just recently I came from Yamatai. Before that was Neplesia, and I was born on my ship when there was a lot more people on it of course."

The Palace

"That is interesting. I'd love to learn more about you. What did you do on Yamatai?" After speaking to Spacecase she turned and asked, "Uso, what do you say?"

Palace

"I'd love to learn more about you as well. Well if I were to say the highlight of my visit to Yamatai was picking up Naida but other than that I made more social connections and created some trade deals."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back