Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Wiki Updates - October 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's some things to know about with the wiki:

Recently Added:
New Features (JUST ADDED TODAY):
  • TESTING: Don't reload the page when navigating (fastwiki plugin)
  • TESTING: Preload linked pages for speed (fastwiki plugin)
  • AJAX Inline editing is now available
  • confmanager installed
    • I can more easily add interwiki links and custom smilies
Features Under Consideration:
Features to be retired (?):
  • Wrap plugin keeps being abused to make pages that look awful on phones, and this seems to be the only way people are using it, strongly considering removing it.

It doesn't matter if you think something on the wiki is incorrect Frost - you follow procedure and bring it up in either a post on the forums, or a PM to the staff. You don't have any authority to touch someone else's work without permission.

False, as - with the exception of the wip: namespace - anyone is allowed to edit any article on the wiki within reason.

I'm not the one who suggested that we break the wiki and then refused to fix it, Frost.

I'm not the one who volunteered someone else to do something I'm perfectly capable of doing myself, Immortal.

Anyways, I'll be making a proposal tomorrow - if one hasn't been started by someone else before then - regarding rules for the WRAP plugin.

Last edited:
Well, until we actually figure something out, can the wrap plugin be put back in place? Without it, several pages are broken I believe.

This is all I want atm. Gives me a headache to look at my stuff and see <WRAP right 25em> in the text.

Though the in-line text editing would be nice to have back. Was getting into the mood of doing some wiki work before it was taken off.

I've enabled wrap again, for now.

Also, we're going to start doing away with WRAP article tags. They're no longer needed since WIP are now clearly identifiable by being in the WIP namespace (we started using tags because in the old days WIPs were scattered into the main namespaces and we had to know which was which).

From now on, approval status will be going in the OOC section at the bottom.

Installed:
  • CSV: use <csv> and </csv> to display a CSV as a table. Good for pay charts, etc.
  • Bad Behavior: Antispam enhancements

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back