• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Yamatai] Shibui Powered Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ametheliana

Head in the Stars
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
Submission Type: Powered Suit
Template Used: Power Armor Template
Submission WIP URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:stararmy:equipment:shibui_powered_suit
Submission Destination URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=stararmy:equipment:shibui_powered_suit

Faction: Yamatai
FM Approved Yet? No @Wes
Faction requires art? No

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No
Contains New art? Yes
Previously Submitted? No

Notes:
I took the suggestions of the community where appropriate and applied them to this buckerino.

I'd let Wes say something before a mod looks at it tbh.

Reactions: IQ
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I mean, I'm only asking for an ETA, it'd be awful strange if SARA refused a request that simple. One that would assist the war efforts, requiring only a number of days to be stated. It'd almost be like they were being purposely obtuse. Apologies if that's too much or if I'm stepping over a line for trying to use a settings element that has seen use once and never since, one that isn't tied to a single plot or should have protection all others don't.

First off, I think this is honestly a super inappropriate discussion to have here or at all. It's also inappropriate that you just went and pursued the issue in the first place knowing that this exact situation would arise. But you said some inaccurate stuff, so let's address that.
it's an approved setting element, which isn't tied to any one plot by literal definition of it being approved.
The approved article states: "Only distributed to the YSS Kaiyō II outside of alpha testing sites." That's the approved text. The "literal definition of it being approved" is that it is an in-development technology that's only been made available, thus far, to a ship that has a record of testing new and cutting edge technology.
Star Army Command would know it exists, I mentioned Recon spoke to them about tech
Wes plays Star Army Command. If I were to want to use Star Army Command, I'd at least get Wes's OOC okay before I asserted that Star Army Command told something to the NPCs I play. Was there a mechanism by which Star Army Command told Star Army Recon about the Shibui? Did you ask Wes OOC or, In-Character, did you roleplay Recon receiving a list detailing SARA's in-development projects? If you did, then by what logic would some random, unfinished, in-development piece of technology have been disclosed? Why didn't you contact the article's writer, Ame, to see what she knew (article writers are considered the authority on what they wrote, after all, even if FMs have the decision making power)?

I agree that approved articles should be used. They should be used in the way outlined in their approved text. The approved text of this article does not suggest that it is available or known in any way outside of SARA and the Kaiyo II — and if it were made known, those soldiers who knew about it would probably get a visit from the MPs. So it just seems like you're doing a thing because you know it's wrong and want to get your way anyway.

*sees notif pings for thread*
*reads up*

"Ah, i see"

Sounds like the custom model thing i do with horizon tbh, since its stated on the page I don't expect to find anyone else using the custom stuff without people talking to me first, and if they do then its a matter of them having ignored the alproved canon, like what raz described.

But this is yam tech which is spooky so ima head on outa here

I didn't believe it would be that hard a question to answer. If it can't be answered ICly then perhaps OOCly will work, even if that transmission is voided.

Apologies if I've asked a question that can never be answered ICly or OOCly - when is this thing coming out? Time passes in character, unavoidably so the answer can't be "I dunno" or "never", funny that. Almost as if a special case is being made.

First off, I think this is honestly a super inappropriate discussion to have here or at all.

Funny, I wasn't the person who sent the first message that sparked things off here.

It's also inappropriate that you just went and pursued the issue in the first place knowing that this exact situation would arise.

Not quite, given I expected Ame to say "sure, I mean I made it for the Star Army of Yamatai after all, not as an Independent technology"

The approved article states: "Only distributed to the YSS Kaiyō II outside of alpha testing sites." That's the approved text.

Indeed. I take it that if this article was left here for 10 years, this would never change despite time actually passing and not standing still?

If I were to want to use Star Army Command, I'd at least get Wes's OOC okay before I asserted that Star Army Command told something to the NPCs I play.

Funny how orders for characters being sent to ships isn't put through Command. It's almost as if it's there for convenience and not to roll out at times when people want to make special cases. Does anyone, perhaps, asks Wes if it's okay for characters to have orders to join their SAOY plots each time someone does? No, you assume permission huh?

If you did, then by what logic would some random, unfinished, in-development piece of technology have been disclosed?

It's almost like in war people use experimental technology.. Wait.. that's what the Kaiyo did.. Huh.. Also planes in WW1, the nuke, radar, etc.

Why didn't you contact the article's writer, Ame, to see what she knew

I didn't expect her to be so vehement in keeping a tech approved for the whole SAOY on one ship.. Forever..

The approved text of this article does not suggest that it is available or known in any way outside of SARA and the Kaiyo II — and if it were made known, those soldiers who knew about it would probably get a visit from the MPs.

There ain't a law about knowing things, though I've heard mind wipes have been used on the Kaiyo so that's an option for any layman on a ship it seems. It's strange they wouldn't instead close the intelligence leak.

So it just seems like you're doing a thing because you know it's wrong and want to get your way anyway.

Being collaborative in RP rather than selfish is amoral?

Sounds like the custom model thing i do with horizon tbh

No, given that OOC agreement can't be transferred or applied to IC, in reality it isn't binding and is more a "please don't". Much like how time freezes can't happen IC.

As a side note, I'm tired, annoyed, have a long trip tomorrow and honestly I don't care for the Shibui at this point so Ame can keep it in her special "just for meeeee" area. Sets a good standard for future.

Oh, and I hate quotes. Goodnight.

Be kind to each other dudes.

Locking the thread for now.

I added that this is a test type to the name of this page for this suit as well as put in the intro paragraph that is never left alpha testing and is not used or available to any crew or starship nor sold in any stores. I am working on a new standard issue-esque soft suit to replace this as there are a number of faults with the Shibui ICly. Please standby for that and don't try to use this in RP, as has been stated on its wiki and elsewhere. I basically copied what was said in the availability section of the article and threw it into the intro paragraph, so this isn't new info, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back