• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OOC YE 45 Election Planning Thread

Wes, I feel like your doing this whole voting thing which is great and everything, but I'm still not sure that more than one person wants the job OOCly. If zero people want it, I'll do it.

Are votes in systems without a senator, but that have a population sufficient to be represented in the Senate, wasted? Or do these systems get a temporarily non-senator delegate to deliver their votes to the Senate?
Systems that can vote will vote however the people in those systems voted. I can just say "The Senator from Yiqucibu" or whatever.

Wes, I feel like your doing this whole voting thing which is great and everything, but I'm still not sure that more than one person wants the job OOCly. If zero people want it, I'll do it.
If Hanako wins, would Anslen be interested in being her Vice Premier?

I don't think he would turn it down. In character he wants to make sure that there isn't anyone running unopposed and he does want power/advancement

Vice Premier is the Steward, who actually does all the senate moderation.

Systems that can vote will vote however the people in those systems voted. I can just say "The Senator from Yiqucibu" or whatever.
Ukmirt would more then likely follow along with Fujiko outside of a few issues like agriculture.

Just to clarify, the Imperial Steward is not the Vice Premier by mandate. This position was created (by me) essentially to "call the vote" during a time when people would endlessly hold up the passage of Senate Proposals by insisting that they should be allowed to debate points indefinitely kind of like a filibuster. Other than that OOC duty to bring a timely vote within 3 days and censure senator players from being rude to each other, their IC duties are running the Senate offices and managing Senate administrative staffers. They're basically a professional bureaucrat who can be easily NPC'd in the absence of a player should the Premier's player disappear.

That said, I suppose the Vice Premier could be appointed Imperial Steward because only the Premier, Senators, Taisho of the Star Army, SAoY officers, and Empress are barred from being the Imperial Steward.

Anyway. However the vote turns out, it would be very awesome to see the Premier/VP players do some fleshing out of the civilian departments. The Yamatai Government headed by the Premier has the potential to be kind of like a civilian version of fleet management.

It sounds to me like Miyako actually wants the job. So there is that. As they are the only one who wants it, then I don't see any reason why they shouldn't have it.

I think Hanako is an amazing and deserving candidate that makes sense and would get huge amounts of IC votes, so I ran her despite worrying about the OOC commitment. I decided she will probably stay in the Star Army and delegate a lot of her work to a solid cabinet and vice premier of her choice, and this could be one of the other candidates, mainly because I want to work with a real person on the OOC side of it.

Edit: I misread the above, on second read it sounds like you don't want the job anymore?

I never* really wanted the job, but I feel like it's something a player needs to do. So if no one else wanted it, I'd be willing to try my hand at it. Admittedly, once it looked like Anslen might actually get it, I started liking it more. The idea of running the government is an interesting one and I had a few ideas for stuff I might do if Anslen had the job. Stuff like visiting Yamatai's systems, making news posts about stuff, Actually fleshing out the Cabinet, ect. But I had said if anyone else wanted it, they could have it. Perhaps next time we are figuring out the premiership I'll actually give it a go.

*I'm starting to realize the idea has grown on me though

RPG-D RPGfix
Back