• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Confidence [YSS Confidence] Arrival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlos wasn't hungry in the least, so he kept his distance from the mess hall. Instead, he wandered about the ship, a crumpled cigarette perched on his lips.

A fine wisp of smoke escaped his lips as he pulled it from his mouth and exhaled, the artificial nicotine flowing through his bloodstream.

As a medic, of sorts, he knew that he really ought to stop smoking. Who the hell cared though? He might be dead tomorrow, might as well live it up know. A life without a little vice is hardly a life.

Mizuho produced a gently smile, and quickly scribbled down for Seekrin, in her rather untidy scrawl, a number of recipes. She always had a pen and notebook on her person - it was as much a part of her as the deep resentment of Star Army command was a part of her. She tore away a page, presented it to Seekrin, laughed.

"There you have your dhal, your lassi, and your paneer, Seekrin. They are all simple enough, save the spices, and that seems to be the one thing I cannot do for myself." She laughed. "We have arrived in Taiie, and I'll tell you this first, that this is as far as I go with this vessel. I'll stay another day, for your cooking, before I transfer."

There was mirth to her, joy, at the thought of being away from Confidence, thinly veiled insult that it was.

"Mayhap you can show me where I have gone wrong in my methods of spice distribution..."

Arild sat quietly untill everyone had finished their meal, before standing and adressing those that where here.

"Alright people, we're going to be expected. Details on the actuall expection are sparse, whether it be the performance of the vessel, our discipline, or the standard of the cooking. However I think it is best we prepare ourselves for any and all of these posibilities. There is little we can do about the performance of the vessel, save make sure there are no loose pannels. I haven't seen any, but there might be some around here somewhere," he smiled and shrugged slightly "If you do find one, tell the relevant person, even if that persons me. As for discipline, that we can show while the inspector is here, backs straight, posture perfect, correct bows and suffix all. Most importantly, your rooms need to be spotless. Personally I don't mind how you keep your rooms, but I know some inspectors that fly into a fury over a badly tucked in sheet. Some carry coins just to see if they bounce on the bed. As such please make sure that your rooms are presentable, even praise worthy, and put away what you haven't unpacked. Please don't disapoint me." Arild gave a half smile, turned sharply and walked out of the room, making his way back to his own room, where he had some things to unpack. Not least his whisky.

YSS-CONFIDENCE
TAISA ARILD BARD

Welcome to the 5th XF's Taiie staging area, maintain your current position and prepare for inspection.

1. Please submit an inventory of all personnel and cargo onboard so that it can be referenced with the initial manifests relayed by command.

2. Your inspection will begin in 48 hours. At which time your crew is expected to maintain normal operating procedures so that they can be observed.

3. After the inspection your ship will be permitted to move into formation with the rest of the fleet and will be granted 24hrs to enjoy the facilities the 5th XF has to offer. Tours of the Akuro, and arrangements have been made for your crew to visit the Ecstasy recreation vessel. Orders will be issued at that time pending the outcome of your inspection.

4. Chujo Motoyoshi Katsuko sends her regards.

YSS-AKURO
FLEET OPERATIONS

End Transmission

YSS-AKURO
FLEET OPERATIONS

The current crew of the YSS Confidence ND-X1-345 is:

Taisa Arild Bard
Chui Jae Nanasen
Santô Juni Henako Kusaki
Jôtô Heisho Kurohoshi Masako
Ittô Heisho Kenda Nall
Ittô Heisho Seekrin Talis
Nitô Heisho Kusati Hunkoso
Nitô Heisho Carlos Luera De la Vega
Ittô Hei Miro Watsunabe
Santô Hei Kazutaka Muraki,
Santô Hei Nicholas Saiga

Although, it should be noted that a Mersina class vessel such as this one, is designed to have a crew of 325, not 11.

For cargo, we have nothing apart from what the ship came with and our own personal luggage. We have not picked anything up, nor deposited anything.

We look forward to your expection, and thank you for your kindness in granting us 24 hours to enjoy your fleets facilities. I'm sure some of the crew will take you up on your kind offer.

YSS-CONFIDENCE
TAISA ARILD BARD

After sending the message, Arild took of his boots and poured himself a whisky. He still thought this inspection was unneeded beucracy, and (although he presumed unintential) an insult, further grinding into him the loss of the Destiny. A sort of "You lost the Destiny, so now we have to make sure you aren't going to mess up the Confidnence as well." Their confidence was so reassuring. Arild downed his whisky and sat on the edge of his bed. After Mizuho had left he'd been feeling even more alone, he'd began to empathize with her, but now he was here, on a ship filled with ten young, enthusiastic soldiers, on a ship made for 325. Maybe they didn't trust him with 325. Perhaps the lesson was that if a ship had mutinited against him once, it could happen again, so they limited him to a tiny crew.

Arild switched on the screen behind his desk and watched images of the war, shaking his head sadly as he thought what a pointless but needed exercise it was.

See [Urgent] Thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back