Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC YSS Heartbreaker: The Undiscovered Uesu

That would certainly be something, having a mini Neko running around... I can only imagine the trouble she would get into.

Sorry to hear about work, Reynolds. But you will make it through okay. As for the YSS Heartbreaker, take your time and don't rush a good thing...

Okay, I did a bunch of work on the Heartbreaker wiki page today. Hopefully it looks okay. I did have a few questions I needed some help with, though.

Should we be bringing Mindy 2's or 3's? 2 seems to be standard, but 3 is being rolled out right now.
It says the Y7 has room for four fighters, and room for one shuttle. Does that mean it has room for all of those at once, or four fighters or one shuttle?
It also has room for tanks/trucks on top of that?
What should I put in the inventory, as far as weapons, food, Mindy accessories, etc. goes? I'm really unsure here. Good with dealing with inventory once it is up, not as good picking things out to start with.
This might be a dumb question, but which end of the Y7 is the front? The long point or rounded part?
Are there any important sections I'm missing on the page? I tried to keep it relatively slim, for now.
Are there any other positions I should be listing as open? Those seemed like the standard ones to me.

Finally, I was hoping to get this off the ground this month. Now that the holiday season has passed. What else do I need to do to get started?
Do I need to just post in the open area, or can we get this put up on the main list of running plots, or what?

Thanks for the help, guys.

Edit : remembered my other questions.

On the Sakishima, the MEGAMI tends to pop up all over the ship as a volumetric image. Is this something standard that most SA ships can handle, or is it somehow set up special?
Is there someone to contact to see about getting either a slightly different shot of the Y7 for the Heartbreaker's page, or at least a recolor? I don't know who has the original files for those ship pictures, they all seem to have been created in the same 3D modeling program, from how similar they all look.

Last edited:
Couple things, just kinda in order. Mindy version is entirely up to you. The 3 is supposed to be the standard eventually, but I think the 2 is technically still the primary.
Presumably, it's OR. You'd have to kinda juggle it, though, since some shuttles are huge, and some fighters are pretty tiny.
No, most ships don't have any spare vehicle storage unless it's listed specifically.
Inventory is kinda hit and miss. A lot of that stuff can be manufactured on the ship, so the big stuff is all you really need to specify, at least until we're well and truly leaving the normal regions of space where you can resupply.
Slim point is the front of the ship.

The MEGAMI is a standard system. Unless you build a ship to do otherwise, the MEGAMI will have very nearly identical capabilities. So far as I know, every ship is capable of that instant display function.
You'd have to figure out who did the art in the first place. That, or you get to work recreating it yourself. All of the stuff for that was made through DOGA, so far as I know.

Hey great to see you are starting to get moving with the Heartbreaker plot! :) I think Aendri handled most points here well. I agree MEGAMI should have volumetric display built in standard, and perhaps an avatar/sprite Neko on board if you so choose to go that route. The YSS Heartbreaker has a very unique computer with ties to history and should be a very important character itself in the plot.

Though I should mention I do like the idea that you are bringing along an Ikoi Light Starbase, I was going to suggest something along those lines of a tiny support fleet tailing them. As this is designed for long range missions assigned to older series scoutships like the Yui/Nozomi/Sakura etc, it is perfect to handle any issues we may have with needing to swap, repair, or resupply vehicles on a planned schedule since space on decks is at a premium. Used in combination with the Yui 7's Matter Collection Matrix & efficient onboard Fabrication Bay utilization, we could probably make anything needed on demand.

Should we be bringing Mindy 2's or 3's? 2 seems to be standard, but 3 is being rolled out right now.
It's your choice as captain, since they're both available.

It says the Y7 has room for four fighters, and room for one shuttle. Does that mean it has room for all of those at once, or four fighters or one shuttle?
Giving it anything more than one shuttle of the smallest type is unbelievable to me. The Yui's shuttle bay has always been extremely tiny. Even the shower room on the ship layout is bigger than the shuttle storage area shown. For this reason, in the YSS Yui plot back in the day, we put 6 armor racks in the shuttle area and just docked all our shuttles using the ship's docking ports and the docking ports on the top and bottom of the T4 shuttle.
No way!
This might be a dumb question, but which end of the Y7 is the front? The long point or rounded part?
The part that looks like a spear point.
Are there any important sections I'm missing on the page? I tried to keep it relatively slim, for now.
I suggest making one page for the ship that has all the ship info and modifications and possibly the inventory, and another page for the plot that has all the OOC information. I recently did this for the Eucharis. The ship page is in stararmy: and the plot page is in plot: .
Are there any other positions I should be listing as open? Those seemed like the standard ones to me.
Seems good to me.

Finally, I was hoping to get this off the ground this month. Now that the holiday season has passed. What else do I need to do to get started?
Do I need to just post in the open area, or can we get this put up on the main list of running plots, or what?
Yeah, you can start the first thread in open RP and add it to the list of plots. Once you finish your first mission/thread you're eligible for a subforum. Subforums are not needed to be on the list of plots.

On the Sakishima, the MEGAMI tends to pop up all over the ship as a volumetric image. Is this something standard that most SA ships can handle, or is it somehow set up special?
That's up to you. In the Eucharis, the MEGAMI rarely shows up because I don't want her to overshadow anybody.

Is there someone to contact to see about getting either a slightly different shot of the Y7 for the Heartbreaker's page, or at least a recolor? I don't know who has the original files for those ship pictures, they all seem to have been created in the same 3D modeling program, from how similar they all look.
@Toshiro made the DOGA art.

Thanks guys.

Looking again, the Y7 has a separate Cargo and Shuttle area, unlike some other ships, so I think I can fit one shuttle and one truck in each. If we ever wind up with another shuttle or fighter, I'll just dock things outside.

I think for the wiki page, I'll leave it one page for now, to make it easier for everyone to sign up and easily find things. Once we have a bit more information to list, I'll split it up into a page or two.

I have Friday off, so I'll try to get the last few edits made and a starter thread up. The two players so far are using established characters, but if Aendri or others create new ones, I can run the first thread without having to worry if the new characters are approved yet, right? Just point them to the app area for now and make sure someone approves them before we have an official forum?

Edit: So the captain and any NPCs I create are basically 'approved' whenever the plot is, right?

The two players so far are using established characters, but if Aendri or others create new ones, I can run the first thread without having to worry if the new characters are approved yet, right? Just point them to the app area for now and make sure someone approves them before we have an official forum?
Yeah.

Edit: So the captain and any NPCs I create are basically 'approved' whenever the plot is, right?
I would recommend at least running the captain through the new character forum.

I think a Neko would probably fit best, with a Minkan next up, but we can certainly fit in any type of character. There's even the potential for an alien crew member (or at least a passenger they temporarily 'deputize' to help out) if someone has a good pitch.

I listed off all the basic professions I thought we might need on the ship's wiki page. If it is a somewhat veteran character, possibly one with experience with the Yui-class Scout or some sort of specialty in alien biology or culture, or something else that would help with deep space exploration. For newer characters, probably anything fresh and obedient, since they're on a somewhat secret mission.

wait I have no idea how Minis are roomed. I'll post as soon as I figure that out. . . most likely after work tomorrow.

Well the few I've seen usually get a slot in a two person room like normal. You could also have her stay in the open Nest area. Or, if you're an officer's assistant type, you could room with Rin?

Working on my first post, hope to have it up soon to be ready to welcome everyone to their doom-- er, I mean, a one way ticket to adventure! ;)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back