Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC YSS Heartbreaker: The Undiscovered Uesu

Hope you don't think the captain is being too mean, Joshua. She's just an old Neko stuck in her ways. Also, I noticed you don't have a player page on the wiki, or maybe it's not linked properly? You might want to take a look at that and try to fix it.

I was thinking we would go with 'Ochiko' for the MEGAMI, unless anyone else wants to make a suggestion.

As far as the Ikoi goes, possibilities are 'senkyo' or 'funaba' for dock, with 'ukisenkyo' or 'ukifunaba' for floating dock. Just 'hi' seems to be the prefix to make something 'flying' and 'uchuu' for space.

No particular ideas for the name of the shuttle...

Also, I was trying to select a proper fighter for our new pilot. Any thoughts Joshua?

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=stararmy:starships#small_craft

The Hayabusa seems to be the smallest, then the Kawarime. The Teisatsu might be useful for the stealth capabilities, though.

I was actually thinking for the shuttle something like "tears", "Yui's Tear", something expressing sadness after a heartbreak, ie, Uesu leaving her behind.

I didn't know there was a stealth fighter variant. I think I like that idea, considering we have a good power armor compliment already for point defense and likely will be doing a lot of Recon missions. We could always say we have that and the normal type that can be swapped at the Ikoi, though.

The Teisatsu seems to be a good call. If the ship has a decent level of defense and protection already a ship for recon missions would be a fantastic idea. However The Haybusa looks to be the fastest of the fighters which could also come in handy for said recon missions. I will leave the call with you however between these two ships. May i suggest that whichever starfighter we get we name it Stone Heart or Iron Heart so as not to be broken by the Heartbreaker.

A shuttle name could be: The Soul (as in heart and soul) just a suggestion.

"God is closest to those with broken Hearts"

Last edited:
Those are good suggestions, Rev. :)

Btw, I hope Josva isn't too pissed off. Rin is just meaner because she's got the Taii over her shoulder at the moment. She's one of those people that is hard on you because she wants to make you better.

Alright, so we'll go with the Teisatsu as the default for now, and have access to the Hayabusa and Kawarime on the Ikoi. The other fighters seem way too big to fit. As for the name, how about the Heart of Glass? I was going to say Heart of Gold, but that's taken...

Along the line of suggestions for the shuttle, I think I'm going with 'kourui' which means 'feminine tears; bitter tears; tears of blood'. Which is interesting, because I saw another word while looking up tears: ketsurui, 'tears of blood; bitter tears'. So that would be a nice way to tie it back to SA/Yamatai.

For the Ikoi, following some of those other suggestions, I'm leaning towards Seisenkyo, or star dock.

I'll get a post up Sunday, before or after work, but would you guys like to begin the briefing or have some time to chat amongst yourselves in the Wardroom before the captain gives her speech?

I think that name for the shuttle is a perfect idea, I love the linguistic tie-in to ketsurui!

For the Teisatsu fighter, heart of glass is good, but what about something like "looking glass" perhaps, as it is a spy plane? Maybe we could use "heart" for the Ikoi instead? Lonely heart, etc.

I am for a little chat, if others wish it. I came on strong with Rin before, so now you can have relaxed hellos.

Sorry for the delay. Work sucks. I will probably be busy all weekend, so there might not be another post to kick off the briefing until this time next week. Give you guys plenty of time to chat, anyways!

As far as the Wardroom goes, since there's no real picture or description given, I'm going with something like this.

fetch.php

Cut off the whole right side, the kitchen area, and the left side bookroom, and it's about right. The stairs up go to the kitchen. I figure they cook everything and then carry it down, and arrange the serving tubs on the buffet table. There's just the one big table for everyone to sit at, with a two-seater table in each of those two corners. I could try to sit down and edit that image to be reused, this might come up again. Anything I make by hand myself would probably be way worse than even an edit. Unless someone else wants to whip something up? I'm assuming Wes made that one, not sure if he has any variants lying around, or more info on what it looks like from prior RPs.

Josh, just in case you didn't know, this is the NORM for a Nep in the SAoY, not abnormal. 99% of the military is Minkan or Neko, it's actually pretty rare for ships to have many Nepleslian characters.

I am aware of this i did the reading before joining the site. Josva is not confused he is merely upset as the character is bitter and insecure about his origins, he thinks "oh great i'm the only one" because thinking like this affords him an opportunity to put himself at odds with other people, something he often does.

Well, believe it or not, Rin is probably more Josva's ally than enemy... she was born a Geshrin after all and only upgraded to a NH-22C and now Minkan body because this was really the only way to make it in the SAoY. She actually was very anti-Neko in her younger form, and even now harbors a healthy distrust of them until they prove their worth like any good soldier should.

Alright, quick little post to nudge things along. Thought I'd give you guys a bit more time to chat before things quiet down a bit for Val's big speech. If there's any questions in particular you might want answered, or other things I need to take care of that I missed, let me know. Hope to get another post up after the weekend, but work is always looming...

Edit: Also added names for the Ikoi and fighters, added a list of available fighters on the Ikoi in its section. Let me know if those all look and sound good. Thanks!

Last edited:
My apologies at not having much to say. I've been swamped with work and then a cold for the last week, and Miho is not the most vocal character to write for. I'll try to have something later this week if another GM post doesn't go up, but don't wait on me.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back