• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Mikomi [YSS Mikomi] Mission 2: The Lost Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kestral stood in front of his chair. They had received the warning from the Ixa, but Kestral wasn't focused on that. The Ixa hadn't sited them, and Kestral wanted to use that to his advantage. "Mizuho I feel we should use this to our advantage. Any suggestions? I think we should use the torpedoes." He moved over to the control panel. "Prep the torpedoes Suzi, and release all thirty-six pods, we are going to have half on Transplanar Phased Polaron Pulse setting and the other half on Transphasic Beam setting, get them ready now as they need prepping time. I would also like aetherisc beams ready, so we can use them. I want this all ready in the next five minutes, manoeuvre the ship in to the best possible fire point, keep on the ship. We are going to fire at the Ixa." He turned around to face the crew. "This is it people get ready for combat."

Suzi prepared a sitrep and sent it out to all the suits, giving it to Eve first. It read like this.
We have just arrived at Taiie; we are making contact with the Confidence, and have sighted the enemy ship. We are under our cloaking shields and have not been seen, so will take full advantage of this. Prepare for battle.
Suzi's arm appeared with the toolbox in its grasp and handed it to Kato. Although the situation was tense Suzi still thought it would be fun to scare the guy. "I will notify you as soon as possible...unless you feel the shudders. Is that all Kato?"

She then got on to the task of weapons. The pods where released and aetherisc beams and torpedoes prepped. Suzi steadied the ship, and brought it round following the Ixa through the debri and disabled ships. "Kestral we are ready to fire on the Ixa, I will wait for you command. We are positioned for maximum hit of the Ixa, minimum destroyal of our own vessels.â€

I guess..that works. Eve read the supplemental data attached to the sitrep. She keyed her mic, "Allright. Prepare to be deployed. We'll be fighting anywhere from LAMIA to capital ships. The Confidence seems to be an underarmed Mersina class. We'll be given further instructions when we deploy." she finished. I certainly wish there were more units with us.. she sighed, absently triple-checking her operational status.

"yes mam," Roken said it just cant be the two of us? Roken was getting a little nervous he wanted to see some action but he was expecting more men than just two, I can handle this I know i can Roken thought he keyed on all combat systems and entered into combat stance Time to do what i was trained for.

"...as you will, Kestral."

She watched in numbed silence as he prepared the torpedoes, and raised no objection as he ordered them fired. Pushed every moral qualm she held to her stomach. Exactly what she had hoped to avoid, and exactly the sort of thing which might get every disabled vessel quickly destroyed. It would not have been that difficult to launch a surprise assault on the Ixa even after making contact - that stuck in her mind. But it stuck more that the need may not have been there. Rebellion came from desperation, and there was usually some reason for that desperation...

She bowed her head slightly. "If you dont mind, Kestral, I dont want to watch anymore."

"Ma'am!? Are you kidding? I work for a living!" she pointed at the rank on her armor's chest. After keying her mic off mentally, she giggled madly for a good time. I always wanted to say that! the Geshrin teen momentairly distracted herself from the impending operation.

Taking the tool box with no objection to the floating arm he stationed himself between the pilots counsel and the weapons drive since they would be the two most important things to be repaired. His mind went off the subject of battle for a moment as the torpedo's where launched and he tried not to think about fixing Suzi so she was less goofy since she was rather amusing but there were times when silliness should be toned down. Firing at one's own vessel despite who was in control of it was still a depressing thought. Turning his eyes toward Mizuho as she walked off he too gave a mental sigh to the actions taken not to mention the torpedo's that would be wasted. His eyes finally fell down to the floor one hand holding fast the tool box the other resting on the hilt of the knife as he waited in silence.

Crud Roken thought never was good at socializing, maybe i should just shut up and wait for things start to pick up, Roken let out a sigh and waited for the next order.

Multiple factors were beginning to create a very desperate situation among the rebels; already they were being systematically slaughtered or captured by the loyal personnel onboard the vessels in the disabled fleet. Already most had managed to get their computer's operating in ACS mode with at least most capabilities back at the disposal of the commanders.

Lack of communication was also adding to the frustration of what before seemed to be a formable force. The Ixa had not transmitted commands to any of the remaining rebels which were now down in the two hundred range spread out over the fleet. The Ixa had its hands full and Yoshike's incompetence as a commanding officer was becoming brilliantly apparent as she sat staring at the tactical hologram at the front of the bridge.

The Confidence had cleared nearly 2 of the 4 wings of Lamia's she had assigned to go after the fleet. The remaining wing was pushing their CDD drive to propel them at 500c as they desperately tried to escape the staging area of the awakening fleet. But found themselves in the presence of the reinforcements which had began launching armors of their own in response.

The six wings which had been clinging to the Ixa were quickly dropping like flies as the weapons of the Confidence discharged either at them or the Confidence. It was not long until only 4 of the wings of one thousand remained in formation. There was nearly constant radio chatter along the lines of "Lamia Wing to Ixa....What do you want us to do Yoshike?â€

Kestral watched the scene happen in amazement. Not visually, but through Suzi's narration of the whole situation. "We did it people, the Ixa has been destroyed,â€

Saeki sat silently at her duty station on the bridge, her face blank, keying in commands on the panel in front of her. For now she was just doing idle work, her Xaser rifle leaning on the chair next to her, her tools on the other side of her chair.

Was she nervous? Sure. But she was determined...not so bubbly anymore, was she?

"No matter what you have to stop those transports Taisa, other than that we are fine over here. Once the transports have been destroyed please hold position and standby for further orders. Katsuko Out.â€

¨The torpedoes have been launched... now this IS the real thing¨ ' Natalie whispered to herself. Many explosions were lurking outside the ship - the Mikomi - that standed flawless before the whole madness, or so it seems. A battle was calling outside, the numbers unknown and so was the situation. No broadcast, no general messages; the sole order of dispatch would make Natalie happy, but that was yet still to come. Then a big explosion resonated in the metal of the ship, somewhere outside in the vast space...
¨What would it be? Damn, that was way too much to be a torpedo hit or a transposition cannon fire... We got something big outside... what´s happening here?!"
To Natalie thoughts, the Mikomi was taking a defensive position, but why?. What`s so big outside to not dispatch the ship´s power armours into the fight? Was the fight so big in between the capital ships, which in fact, were not a few, but instead, a raging slaughter was developing... and no order already has been issued... nonsense!.
The excitement was big enough, to make Natalie unsure about the whole thing.
But there was no time to waste, and no way to screw her conviction to battle - hopes were high enough -...
"This the pilot Natalie Dawning reporting to the bridge. I am ready to go sir". she said using the internal ship communication protocol to the bridge.

"Alright people we are still on the look out, but not on high alert. I want you to stay in armour, but relax a little. We did it, the rebel leader is no more." Kestral flicked the switch to turn of the loud speaker, and sat down hard on his chair. They had done it, but it had been tense. "Thank you Suzi, you did well."

Suzi turned round to face the captain from her position. "My pleasure sir, that is what I am here for." She nodded and turned back round. That was close for the Akuro, glad we could help. He smiled, and nodded to himself. Glad we didn't lose a soldier.

"Copy." Eve responded to the bridge. "Standing down from high alert. Armors one and two." she finished, closing the link to the bridge. "By the sounds of it, might be a good thing we weren't deployed." she keyed her speaker. "This might be a while.." she stopped talking to the man in his PHALANX, peering out the exit of the bay with a sigh.

"I'll be sure to remove the explosives at the air locks once we make sure there aren't any power armors floating around waiting for the chance to hop on. Should wait till we are on the move again I guess."

He set the tool box on the floor beside him it didn't seem like he was going to be needing it. This wasn't much of a battle at all the enemy was completely inept at such things as commanding a fleet the only thing that was probably accomplished was a waste of materials and an ass load of paperwork to be filed.

"You do know that I can see a lot of psych evaluations following this major screw up.... Along with the fact that the media is going to have a field day once it hears about such a thing..." He just pinched the bridge of his nose and shook his head. "Suzi can you make sure that none of the debris of Power armors pretending to be debris are monitored and steered clear of.... I'd rather not have to repair your doors if we can avoid it."

Roken was a bit surprised he hoped he would see some action but this was good, roken exited his combat stance and set all combat systems to standby he thought he should say something but he didnt want to get on her bad side but he spoke anyway. "Uhh...Sarge permission to speak," he knew he might get another scolding from his superior but he needed something to do and he hated having to wait for combat.

Mizuho had by now already retired to her quarters, not even waiting for Kestral to approve said choice. She knew, somewhere, that he was right in his actions, but could not accept it. Firing on citizens of Yamatai left a cold feeling in her, and she could not have done it herself, unless everything else failed. And even then, she would not have shot to destroy...

As it were, she was working on one more request, and a number of letters. She was, largely, finished with her attempt to hide on the Mikomi, as much a failed venture for her as the Confidence.

Suzi understood what Kato was saying, it was true, she was going to have to monitor the debris for movements. She also had another thought on her mind. Mizuho had left the bridge early on in the fight, just about when they had fired the first wave, she thought about going to check on her personally but thought against it and decided to talk to Kestral about it. "Kestral, I suggest you go and find Mizuho, she left earlier in the fight and hasn't come back, she is in her quarter's. I don't think she was to happy."

Kestral looked up at her, he hadn't seen Mizuho for a while. He remembered her saying something to her, but had forgotten what it was quickly as he had had to deal with the cargo ship. "Of course I'll head over there now." He replied with an expression of confusion. He stood up slowly and walked to the door, it was safe to leave the bridge for a bit. "Suzi call me is anything happens."

Next thing he was standing outside her quarter, which a shaking hand he knocked at the door three times. He was slightly concerned about his hand moving like that, but brushed it aside as he focused on Mizuho. "Mizuho, it's Kestral. Can I come in?"

Mizuho looked up briefly at the knocking, then went back to her writing.

"Yes, Kestral. You may enter if you wish."

She was sprawled on her stomach, writing furiously in a small notebook. Untidy scrawl, barely legible. The computers were capable enough of deciphering it for those it was meant to go to. They were also capable of editing the hell out of it, which was why she usually included death threats to the AIs should they dare change anything.

"I'm sorry, Kestral. I'll be leaving the Mikomi before too long, if all goes well."

She tore out a page, read over it, folded it delicately and tucked it away into her sleeve.

Kestral smiled. "Well that was brief. Where will you be going?" Kestral wasn't sure what was making her leave; he just hoped it wasn't anything he had done. She had been helpful will on board, which hadn't been long at all, and Kestral had begun to like her. He looked towards the chair in the room, "May I take a seat?" Kestral asked. He had hoped they would have a small discussion about something, but not about leaving the Mikomi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back