• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Mikomi [YSS Mikomi] Mission 2: The Lost Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Very smooth sounds a bit to well rehearsed but smooth none the less" "Yeah that maybe true but back then you were firing at an in human Mishu. Right now we are the direct cause of our own people, maybe even some one you went to the academy withs death. This is the kinda stuff that can cause people to doubt joining the Army and that's not a good thing. At least not for the big wigs and the people already in the army. I wouldn't be surprised if one of those big wigs send us another personnel to get inside our heads and make sure none of us are going to leak information or decide to hi-jack the ship and cause some real problems. Us being a war class ship I bet we'll be near the top of that list.... The captain's going to really need his rest for whats to come..."

Kato flopped down in the nearest chair and stared into the screen watching the Akuro just float there in front of them. "Things are going to hell in a hand basket. Sasada you better be taking care of yourself....."

"You shouldn't even think those words, let alone say them out loud. You've got to have faith in the system; you've got to at least believe in what we're fighting for. Those people we killed were traitors to Yamatai. That's the only reason why we'd destroy one of our own ships. They gave up on our cause. They were also greedy. Those who give up on our cause can easily leave the army, one way or another. They didn't have to threaten the safety of the entire fleet in the process."

Tom ran a couple diagnostics on the ship as he continued talking.

"Kestral will be fine. He's a tough, battle-proven leader. He, as well as all of us, will be prepared for whatever intelligence agents the army may send our way. When they write their reports, they'll note our commitment to the cause and use it as an example for everyone to follow. But again, that all starts with trusting your captain and fellow crewmates. You're new to the Mikomi. I'm sure you'll soon realize how tight-knit we are."

Kestral fell out of the bed, and rolled under it. There has been a loud explosion, and even louder screams. He tried standing up, but hit his head on the bed, and with a groan pulled himself out from underneath it. "Suzi, what is the situation?" He stood still for a few second, "Suzi?" There was nothing. He moved over to his desk, his clothes where there in a pile. In less than a minute he was dressed and ready to kill. He didn't know what was on the ship, but it certainly wasn't good. His Xaser rifle was in his hands, and his pistol was on his thigh, in it's holster.

He opened the door slowly and looked outside. There was nobody there, suddenly he heard gun fired, and pulled his head back in to his room. What the hell is going on? He ran out of the room, and jumped against the wall. Suddenly Saeki can flying past him, her head was down, blood across her shoulder. "Saeki..." She has gone and hadn't turned back. He ran the opposite way from where she had gone.

As he moved down the corridor, there where marks all over the walls. He wasn't to sure what they all where, and mixture of blood and marks from the guns. As he turned a corner he noticed there was someone on the floor. He was Tom, he was lying there. Kestral ran over to him, and fell to the floor. "Tom, are you ok? Where are you hit?" Kestral recoiled back as he realised Tom was dead. He looked up to see Eve come around the corner, she was firing at something, but Kestral couldn't see it yet. Then as he got to his feet, and pulled the rifle to his shoulder Eve fell to the floor, Kestral looked up to see a Mishu, automatically, he pulled on the trigger, releasing the Xaser rifles awesome power. He moved forward slowly while firing. He finished this creature after about five shots, as it seemed as though Eve had done most of the work.

He looked down at her, she was also dead. a tear dropped from his cheek down on to her shoulder. He looked at her and walked off. "Hello? Is there anybody here?" Suddenly in front of him Lori appeared, she had walked through the wall, or it had seemed like that to Kestral. She was pointing down the hall, towards the bridge. Kestral began to run, he ran past Lori and on towards the bridge. As he entered there where the rest of his crew, all lying down on the floor, dead he assumed, apart form Ghi, who was kneeling in front of one of the five Mishu in the room. "BANG" Ghi fell to the floor, dead.

Kestral's eyes where full of tears, he couldn't see properly, but he began to fire, firing everywhere, firing at anything that was still standing. He moved forward with every gap between the shot's, but he felt invincible, like nothing could hit him. Until a bullet went straight through his left shoulder. He screamed in pain, but continued firing. then he was hit in the left leg, then the stomach, then the right arm. He dropped the gun to the floor, and followed it down. His mind was spinning; he hadn't looked after his crew. They where all dead. He shut his eyes, and gave into death, not willing to fight again. he was to tired, he hurt all over, but someone was slapping him. He thought about opening his eyes to have a look, maybe it was Saeki, she had come back to get him.

One more look can't hurt me. He opened his eyes slowly, a great light greeted him, he shut them immediately. It hadn't been that bright before. He opened them again, and saw the familiar face of Suzi. "Suzi where have you been, I called you and you didn't reply."

Suzi smiled down at him. Kestral had been screaming for about ten minutes now, and she had looked in on him. He had been shouting about all sorts and straight away Suzi recognised it was a bad dream. "It's ok Kestral, you are fine, and safe on the Mikomi."

Kestral stared up at her. What was she talking about, his whole crew was dead. "No, no it's not. They are in the bridge, all five of them. The whole crew are dead, the whole crew are dead, the whole crew are...." He stopped as soon as he felt the pain go through his cheek. Suzi had just slapped him. He sat up quickly. "What the devil...." She shook his head, and laughed, but then felt very embarrassed. "I'm sorry Suzi for that...i don't know what came over me. Is everything ok?" he face had gone bright red, and he felt like he was burning.

"Yes captain, everything is ok. I just came to check on you." With that she disappeared and Kestral was once again alone. He lay back down and shut his eyes. Well that was weird, I think I better get up. He did this quickly, and was sitting in his comfy chair within five minutes. Full dressed and fully armed.

Saeki had once more disappeared from the bridge, from everywhere really. She had a disturbing habit of making herself scarce and then turning up in the oddest places. Well, this wasn't really too odd, considering that she ended up in the mess hall.

She was upside down on her head, balancing aganist the wall with one hand and using the other hand to spoon soup into her mouth...upside down. She was mostly unsuccessful, making an incredible mess around her little corner of insanity.

"Blarhgh...blugp....TOMATO SOUP IS BEST EATEN UPSIDE D-BLARGH...bloop..."

Kestral opened his door and stepped through it. He felt tired, but knew the sleep had done him the world of good. He walked in to the bridge and sat down in his chair. "Ahhh." He sighed. There wasn't anything for them to do at the moment apart from sit and wait. They hadn't received orders, well they sort of had. Keep an eye out for any rebels that may re-appear. That was highly unlikely as there where so many 5th Fleet ships her now that any rebel army, who had no leader, would be obliterated.

"So Tom and Kato. How are you both doing? Have any ideas as to what to do with the spare time that we now have?" He was short of them, and was hoping that some conversation would liven things up. He smiled, and looked down at his hands, he almost wanted to go back to sleep.

"I'm doing fine sir and on a side note while we are near the Akuro. The devise I was requesting earlier is on board that ship so before we do go our separate ways I'd like to get my hands on it." Kato had spun around in the chair to face Kestral and his face had finally taken on a smile once more. "And how was your much needed nap sir? Relaxing I hope."

The screen behind Kato was displaying dimensional theorems of small scale projectile weapons that the SA was currently using along with a few schematics on nanite communications between one another.

Kestral smiled, since Kato had been on the Mikomi he had only wanted one thing, that bloody weapon. "Ok, Kato. Draw up a letter and give it to me so that I can send it to the Akuro. I am not sure they will give it to you though." He smiled, "Yes my nap was very much needed, though I had a slightly odd dream. My may also send HQ a request for orders, as I do not see us doing much here for a while." This was said mainly to himself, though the other's might have heard it to.

Saeki wandered out of the mess-hall, her face and hair wet with tomato soup.

"I need a towel, I do!" she said to herself, flitting off down the corridor with the grace of a tourist, looking for towels in places that towels had no right to be in (Such as underneath a computer terminal).

"I must finish my holy quest of tomato soup by wiping it from my angelic visage into a heathen towel! Hear me roar!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back