• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OOC YSS Sakishima Discussion

I'll be moving Aratani after this mission and will likely not be able to post further this mission.

@Legix as GM of this plot, I am removing you from the Sakishima plot due to OOC issues. Good day.
Thanks.

Edit: Just a reminder that I'll be using my Player Rights to take my guy elsewhere. He's to be unharmed (beyond his current injuries) and to simply be left out. His drone can continue to assist you, however, until you're finished with this thread. No point interfering there, as it's in active use within the situation.

Last edited:
Hey, it seems Gunsight has decided not to GM this plot anymore (?). Additionally, he had hoped to pass the plot onto PaladinRPG but Paladin hasn't made any posts to keep the plot going. Since it's been more than 30 days since the last RP post I will be closing the YSS Sakishima subforum for inactivity soon. The threads will be moved into the Yamatai faction's 18+ subforum, where you will be able to find them by using the RP (18+): YSS Sakishima thread prefix. You will still be able to post in them if you want to and it makes sense.

If you want to transfer you Sakishima character to an active plot, you can use the Request for Orders stick in the Yamataian Government forum, and your character will receive new orders. Also if one of you wants to become a GM, now is a good time to adopt the YSS Sakishima plot or to start your own Star Army starship, as we could use a new plot for Yamatai (many existing SAoY plots are nearly filled with players).

@paladinrpg let me know ASAP if you're about to make a GM post or something so I don't remove the forum and then have to set it up again.

This is my acknowledgment of officially taking stewardship of the Sakishima plotship from this point on, and an outline of where things are going with it. I can assure you I will make every effort to continue Gunsight's traditions and preserve the unique nature of this free-f0r-all quirky ship. :)

Overall, I was planning to take bits of my old Task Force Kaguya plotline that focused on Jiyuu/Yagumo cluster shenanigans and basically slot the Sakishima into it. This way I have a huge multiple chapter arc ready to go quickly that needs little change. The Main focus would be continuing the chase for terrorists that Gunny was doing, although unlike my other combat-heavy plotlines this will involve a healthy dose of investigation and intrigue as well to discover the secret agitprop group that lurks beneath the surface that wishes to sabotage the re invigoration of Jiyuu. Conflicts will arise first with all of their myriad agents (one of which early on is Mitsuya Satoru, Senator Mochizuki's political/business rival who appeared with Moogle's Galactic Armament Organization at one point). Suppressing these guys will also offer a chance to develop the various worlds in the cluster that will be visited in the process, and perhaps help heal the plot hole left when the Asteria faction on Asura was disappeared (or even explore a bit of old Lor space much later on if there is any interest).

All of this will occur under a new captain character named Kozue, who outwardly appears quite lazy and drunken on duty but is much more than she appears at first glance. This will also mesh with a suspicion that goes around the ship that there is a spy on board since the enemies seem to always know they are coming, yet Taii Kozue also mysteriously knows exactly how to trip the enemies up at a critical moment... hmm...

Due to the nature of this plot being heavily story based, small, and tight knit (a little like the Byakurenm is) and the literal tiny size of the ship itself, I'm only going to be running with a handful of good, mature players at most. And non-combat professions will have plenty of things to do, should they wish to join! And of course, all current players of the Saki (@Riko , @Immortal Cyan, @Jack Pine , @Yoshi , etc) are highly encouraged to remain at their posts, or try something new. I'll also be planning on using the Chiaki 1B refit by Toshiro that was just approved for IC usage.

Another thing is since I have my hands full running the current Task Force Inquisition space battle at Skadi, this project will have an expected kickoff date sometime in the summertime when my kids are done with school (June?). I'll have more specific information and details when we get closer to that date (including chances to do a prelude RP), so don't barrage me with characters just yet, please. :)

ai.imgur.com_rxUwBOO.png

Last edited:
Just a quick post to assure everyone that didn't forget about the plans to revive this classic plotline. :) Considering current events, however, a new amazing storytelling opportunity has presented itself in the recent bloodbath at Hanako's Star...

With all of Tenth's readily available 112 ships rapidly deployed as reinforcements to the battle this would also include the Sakishima being there. Due to the fight quickly going downhill for the SAoY, and nearly all hands of both 10th and 6th being lost, we have a very cool rescue and retreat scenario that could play out! Imagine the plucky little Chiaki destroyer that was defending flagship suddenly is thrust into the role of dodging Kuvexian waves as its bare bones surviving crew rescues escape/soul savior pods, armor, fighters , etc adrift in the battlespace in a desperate attempt at withdrawing and somehow getting back to Yamatai held territory without support.

This opens up possibilities cobbling a largely new crew together from survivors under an acting non-comissioned captain, tasked with limping home to friendly space with its refugees while evading Kuvexian patrols and repairing themselves, as well managing under poor conditions and limited supplies. Eventually it could lead to a counter-attack down the line to perhaps bail out Hanako's World from its occupiers, or small skirmishes etc, but the main focus is the initial SERE action.

What do you think? ... Oh and this story can accept any normal enlisted Star Army personnel, as long as they would have a reason to be aboard any vessel involved in the fighting and had a way to escape it into space. :)

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back