• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Zairyo's Commissions (Original Thread)

Third time's the charm right

Relevant Links:

Star Army Gallery
DeviantArt page

______ ____________________________________________

This is aimed to those of you that don't have a credit card or paypal account (or any way to pay for digital content) but wish they could get a commission from me. As some of you know I have an Xbox 360, which means nothing Microsoft does is ever free, that goes with Xbox Live and Marketplace related content. The Star Army price for commissions remains the same, $15 for the commission and an extra $5 for the card option which brings it to $20. Those $20 can be paid with:

A- 1600 Microsoft Points
B- 3 months of Xbox live Gold subscription

I currently care more about the points than the subscription 'cause I only play online with friends (friends that I communicate with through IM 'cause I can't hear $#!T through the headset so good thing I only like co-op and not multiplayer crap)

There are sites that allow some people (those living in the US, Canada and forgot where else) to do some surveys and what not and get them for free, I really don't care how you get the points, only that they work. Amazon.com also sells them directly, by e-mailing you the code.

Very nice, Zairyo. =) We almost have enough evening gown images to launch a Yamataian fashion company.

These are really great! I also like background on the uniform's card. Did you make it yourself?

Wes said:
These are really great! I also like background on the uniform's card. Did you make it yourself?
Nope, random picture found on google that had Star Wars characters at the end of the hall.

Ise Katae WIP

It's been a while since I posted a sketch and since I know I'm not the only one that likes to see illustrations in the early stages I wanted to post it. By the way thanks for all the comments about my latest commission, I appreciate it.

Even your sketches make my final drafts look bad. You are an amazing artist, Zai.

Very nice work Zai! Your stuff is always great, Makes me wish I wasn't Broke all the time.

*Removes the cat ears and puts normal ears on.*

Oh my god, it's my friend!

Anyway, lovely work Zairyo. I still love my first one and I'm contemplating a second.

Thanks for the comments I appreciate it.

I fixed all of the dead links (at least I think I did) in the Wiki Gallery HERE so if you wanted to have an easy way to download all the colored pics I've done for Star Army (and you have Firefox with the Down Them All add on) now you can DTA the hell out of it.

As always, delicious. The portrait looks different from some of your past work, somehow ... her skin tone seems really pale. Healthy, just not very lively. I like it; it gives her a coldish appearance combined with the cyan outline, IMO.

The hair also rocks. Likin' the highlight along the strand across her face.

Doshii Jun said:
As always, delicious. The portrait looks different from some of your past work, somehow ... her skin tone seems really pale. Healthy, just not very lively. I like it; it gives her a coldish appearance combined with the cyan outline, IMO.

Yup I was asked for a grayish tone and had to restrain myself from putting some warmth in it. Couldn't avoid it in the card though.

Dragonnova said:
*Removes the cat ears and puts normal ears on.*

Oh my god, it's my friend!

Anyway, lovely work Zairyo. I still love my first one and I'm contemplating a second.

Now that I look at it, I actually have a friend who looks like her, minus the ears and with black hair. very lifelike.

her skin tone seems really pale.
I have to agree, although I really love the lineart. I think you're growing better at the faces all the time.

One minor observation: On these character portraits, the ship patches are getting HUGE. The hinomaru (red circle) patch is the right size, but the ship patch is very large -- it should be about the same size as the hinomaru or maybe a little bigger--but not the whole shoulder.

Overall, I think the coloring on this one turned out quite well. The character is really sexy, too.

How is your queue looking right now?

Edit: I should also mention I like the outline effect. It works well with the dark background.

Wes said:
her skin tone seems really pale.
I have to agree, although I really love the lineart. I think you're growing better at the faces all the time.

One thing I forgot to mention, I'm still using a CRT monitor (one that refuses to get a new setting no matter how hard I click the buttons) so colors look a lot brighter on newer monitors (mine's 10 yrs old) I was looking at my DA page on a friend's laptop and everything looked different. The contrast, brightness and even some details that looked dark enough to be black on my monitor. I'm saving to buy a laptop (hopefully a MacBook) so I can take it to my job (if I get my contract renewed) and draw there on my off time.

You know I've been doing them huge since I started right? Even the one on the main page is huge

Wes said:
Overall, I think the coloring on this one turned out quite well. The character is really sexy, too.

Thanks

Wes said:
How is your queue looking right now?

Well I PMed you about the illustrations you wanted me to do, I already sketched one.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…