Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC 4th Fleet OOC Thread

Re: [4th AASP] OOC Thread

Meh. It was always clear from the beginning (if you read his profile on Day 1) that enlisted men were never made privy to the Admiral's confidence. Whether you wish to attempt to change that is your prerogative.

Hate him, love him, I don't particularly mind. I must say though, I find it fairly strange that his words are all that some people are focusing on. Not the fact that he's the one who purchased 4th Fleet's entire inventory of alcohol from his own pocket and made it available to all ranks during off-duty hours (recall that Truth or Dare off-duty JP) or all the new guns you've got. Not saying its a bad thing but always thought actions were louder than words.

Cedric cares less for alcohol and fancy new toys than he does for squadmates and being well-informed.

As long as what he has works well enough to kill the squids, he'll never drink for the rest of his life if it means the Marines in his team (who he considers good buddies) are alive to spend time with him. Even if they have to do it horribly sober.

However, in real life I might be quite swayed by such a thing in some circumstances.

Also: as a side-note, Cedric will probably end up volunteering to go with every Marine in the squad given a midnight guard shift, regardless of what anybody else may say on the matter, if only to show his solidarity and dedication to the squad as an NCO since he's been gone so long. Have to prove it to the new members some way.

Can't please everyone. Oh well. His attitude makes a refreshing change to my other characters so I'm having fun, at least :D

I'm going to move Phaedra up there so we can move on faster.

Sigma said:
Can't please everyone. Oh well. His attitude makes a refreshing change to my other characters so I'm having fun, at least :D

I'm going to move Phaedra up there so we can move on faster.
Sorry... :roll:

Oh no worries, DJMoose. It would have been easier to move it along that way. Consider my long posts with minor character control to be like an in-game cinematic.

As long as it doesn't get out of hand with the character control (beyond justification, I mean).

Otherwise, that seems okay to me.

If she follows orders, I can guarantee she'll get more kills :D Don't worry though, do something spectacular and Valken won't be able to deny you your laurels.

For clarification, all the Marines have 16 hours liberty. Not sure how clear that was in the post.

AusGre, I assume you're talking to Phaedra since Valken's already out of the room. Because you don't want Valken's reply. :)

Sigma said:
If she follows orders, I can guarantee she'll get more kills :D Don't worry though, do something spectacular and Valken won't be able to deny you your laurels.

Lol! I don't metagame, Sigma. That's how Rita feels, not how I feel. I think it makes total sense, actually, that Valken didn't give her a commendation. =P

We'll see what happens. Combat is hectic, after all. xD

Will try to get the 4.1 thread up either friday or sunday. Way too busy on Sat. When we start it, we'll be in the hangar, doing final armor and weapon checks so post your armor and weapon choices there.

Feel free to head to armory to check out the new toys if you want to do something that's not related to off-duty shenanigans. Morrison, Aus, I assume you've read the first few pages to find out what you missed.

Will be removing the AIR2 as a choice since Fiver has been perma-banned. At the moment, I don't think there's anything worth replacing it with.

So school's been keeping me busy, but not quite sure if I should post in 4.0 since its winding down and such? ._.

you guys can keep going. i put it in because i had a sudden spark of inspiration for some inter-officer conversation.

No worries, DJMoose. I was slow in getting the 4.1 thread up, mainly due to my own procrastination and partly because we've got a new player joining us very very soon.

Sigma said:
Great balls of fire! Cedric and I have the same birth date?

Guess so. If it's any consolation, I'm just as surprised as you are.

ShotJon said:
Lisa smirked at Mattoe. "I admit I expected you might say something along that way. That said I would probably kick your balls smartass." She replied and giggled. "You are lucky you did not. Anyway will introduce me to others?" She asked then, althoug while saying others she was looking at Bernard.

Well, somebody wants to knock boots. :lol:

RPG-D RPGfix
Back