Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC 4th Fleet OOC Thread

Re: [4th AASP] OOC Thread

For all involved, the simulator cavities are man shaped so arms go into arms slots. Move your arms, the simulator moves too. Get hit, you'll feel that too. But its all simulated. You cannot the touch your screens like Wirebobbin did since your arms are in sockets and your head is in the helmet and there's no wiggle room. You make selections by scrolling your hands as though there's a mouse in your hand.

My bad, Bobbin, for not explaining.

My apologies for being so hapless, but I'm not sure where to go from where I left off. Do I continue posting in Back to the Fleet (?) or a different thread?

Well, I've finally managed to get un-stumped; this is the latest version of the Showstopper so far. Right now, it's rather 'bare' with little decoration, but I'll get to that later. By the looks of things now though, I'll be heading back to modify the magazine well and maybe the magazine itself.

The clunky things in front of and around the magazine well are basically recoil and inertia damper systems, which bulk up the rifle nicely. However, I think I'll also make the magazines bigger as well, more in key with how long the ones on the Lancer from Gears of War was, as these magazines will store the .50 cal railgun rounds, as well as the battery or ultracapacitor that powers the thing.

The stock, I believe, is in it's final form, but awaits being dressed up like the rest of the rifle.

Well, tell me what you guys think!

As always, the more feedback the better.

4 Things.

1. MOAR DAKKA!

2. Does it come with a bayonet?

3. Does it have a fire selector (semi-auto/auto)?

4. MOAR DAKKA!

Hmmmmm..... it is good model, but it still kinda looks like modern rifle.... how about putting bigh barrel on it? Maybe a muzzle? Imagine assault rifle with muzzle from Barret fifty-cal rifle?

@Sigma:

Alright, thanks.

I should really stop waiting until it's 10pm before getting started on posts, though.

@Showstopper:

Cool weapon. I can't really think of anything to say past that, though. And as for how modern it looks, well... I'm sure some of you will disagree with me here, but I think it's part of the charm.

The point is not to recreate actual weapons. Simply making a replica is unoriginal.

CadetNewb, putting some curves on the rifle especially on the receiver. Put some extra bulk on them to make them fatter and add angles. The Basis 2 folder in DOGA, part P207/208 would be useful in adding that bulk. I agree that we're still not far away enough from the M4 look. Rather than the single receiver & barrel part, see if you can keep the receiver as a larger piece and then the barrel as a different one so that you can vary the parts a little more.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back