Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC 4th Fleet OOC Thread

Re: [4th AASP] OOC Thread

Well, here's the latest version of the Showstopper.

As you can see, I've finally started to add a little basic detail to the thing too. I've taken what advice that I could and added more bulk to the receiver above the trigger area by moving the recoil and inertia dampers to that area. The magazine is also bulked up and more manly as well, now housing enough space for the .50 caliber bullets and the batteries/ultracapacitors that will power the rifle.

Of note, I've taken advice from Kokuten and others, and shortened the overall length - what you see here is just the working draft of the 'basic' rifle. I'll be sure to make a carbine or 'shorty' version of the gun with either a collapsing or folding stock as well, considering there's always combat in close quarters. If you look, you'll also notice I've added iron sights on too - you'll get to pick between these and a few others, but what you see here is the classical aperture sights with a ring in the back and a front post between two leafs or bunny ears ( I can't quite recall what they were called) up front.

I've had the Fleet Store up for a while but I'm not done with it. The problem is, I'm not sure what people (players or PCs) are looking to buy. So I'd like some feedback as to what you'd like to see sold by the store (weapons, luxury goods, foods, etc) that can't be provided by the regular military provisions and equipment. Foreign tech? Experimental tech? M-rated literature?

Pure antimatter.

EDIT: Seriously though, it'd be cool if we could buy any given literature, not just filthy stuff. My guy IS actually a dilettante, so it'd be nice to have some poetry to read.

Wirebobbin said:
Pure antimatter.

EDIT: Seriously though, it'd be cool if we could buy any given literature, not just filthy stuff. My guy IS actually a dilettante, so it'd be nice to have some poetry to read.

Historical literature, especially military literature would be Phaedra's vote.

ATTENTION ATTENTION. All Cavaliers are to report to bar for asskicking time. Let's give navy bastards what they deserve.

GM post for Poisons in the morning. Everyone, please pay attention to the Boot Camp - I might start shooting sooner if no one posts :twisted:

Sorry about deciding the result of my own fight, I kinda forgot we weren't meant to do that. I'll leave it more open next time.

Wirebobbin, have you read the thread? You're not in a field; you're in a jungle with tall trees, dense undergrowth and lovely, sticky mud that impedes your movement. You can't see 50 meters ahead, let alone two to four kilometers. As much as I hate the analogy, think of it like Guadalcanal or one of those exotic jungley places from my part of the world. Or like Kipling's Jungle Book and the Disney adaptation where its all trees and dense vegetation.

Yeah, I'm aware I'm in a jungle. I'm not sure how these mono-eyes are supposed to work, so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be able to see. If I've done anything specifically wrong otherwise you'll have to do some hand-holding, 'cause I'm really bad at getting used to new roleplaying environments. In any case, I'll go over my post and see if I can't make any changes.

EDIT: Ah, I can see the confusion. By "The field" I meant "The field of operation". I'll change that.

Ladies and gentlemen, if I am slow to post, it is because I have Mass Effect 3. Sorry, Reapers and Shepard beckon!

EDIT: If you want Valken's voice, listen to Admiral Hackett from Mass Effect.

Sigma said:
Ladies and gentlemen, if I am slow to post, it is because I have Mass Effect 3. Sorry, Reapers and Shepard beckon!

EDIT: If you want Valken's voice, listen to Admiral Hackett from Mass Effect.
I must help Femshep save the universe as well.

Just finishing a sentinel playthrough in preparation, but I should say that the upcoming Armored Core V would be a more Star-Armyish game to play for those who would rather. Also, it'd be nice to have somebody to play with :/

RPG-D RPGfix
Back