Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC 4th Fleet OOC Thread

Re: [4th AASP] OOC Thread

Ooh my new job is more tiring that I thought. I've started on the GM post but my mind is too dead to think of good results so I'll finish it tomorrow before my work. Sorry for any delays.

I just want to point out that Zyv and Sawyer have four friendlies between them and the NMX, very little room to lob missiles over and that the same maneuver did not seem very effective when Ulrich Vater tried it. If you don't see a problem, it's your grave to dig.

GM Updates and map updates tonight.

Sigma said:
I just want to point out that Zyv and Sawyer have four friendlies between them and the NMX, very little room to lob missiles over and that the same maneuver did not seem very effective when Ulrich Vater tried it. If you don't see a problem, it's your grave to dig.

GM Updates and map updates tonight.
Easy Solution: The people in the front crouch down and hug the walls.

Upon seeing the new map. I think I'm being screwed over in the politest terms, because I would've made very different orders based upon what I'm seeing.

And I did not have access to this prior to making my post, so I wish for my squads actions to be judged based on the previous assumptions, rather than the new information being introduced just under a week later rendering all of my strategy moot. It is my character's job to give his squad orders and therefore I am obliged to post earliest with the most current information at the time.

Map first, then post in the future. Not the other way around.

Correct, DJMoose, though I may leave the inactive characters where they are to "secure" our flank.

I'm alive, I swear! I've had a very rough couple of weeks due to my husband's disorder. I'll post a reply this week, as soon as I catch up with the thread.

I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Kevyn, and I'll be running the game's newest jarhead. Pleased to meet you all, and I can't wait until Ice hits the rest of the platoon instead of playing bug hunt in an asteroid mine.

Kevyn said:
I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Kevyn, and I'll be running the game's newest jarhead. Pleased to meet you all, and I can't wait until Ice hits the rest of the platoon instead of playing bug hunt in an asteroid mine.
Welcome! That's some nice character art you've got there!

Also, welcome to the blue-eyed, white-haired club. I'm certain Laura Romero will be thrilled! ;)

Edit: "Ice Ice Baby...."

Alright, got that out of my system. Done now. :?

Laura: "Sergeant, if I didn't know any better, I'd say that someone is making clones of you...But none of them are as brilliant as I am."

Looking for some good fleet mottos. So far, the best one I've heard that fits 4th Fleet and its emblem is:

With God, like thunder and lightning

But I'm on the fence with using it since we don't usually reference deities. So, since I'm coming up empty-handed, I'm opening it up to you folks. Make some suggestions and I'll put the popular ones to a poll.

Remember, it needs to incorporate the lightning bolts in the fleet crest. Winner gets a prize.

"Shock and Awe" is the most immediately obvious, if a bit trite. Maybe "Never hits the same place twice"? Both a direct reference to the old legend about lightning, and a boast about how the fleet is hard enough that anything they attack stays down once they're done?

I'm new to this particular unit. How do Admiral Valken's tastes usually run?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back